Making Monsters Invisible to the Motion Sensor

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Using either MML or lua (I really don't care which; either will do), is it possible to make a specific type of monster invisible to the Motion Sensor? In other words, if I want to create the kind of effect seen on $lave's Ill Descent, where I use lua merged into the map file to continually spawn a certain kind of monster (in this case, a Tiny F'lickta) from the ceiling and fall like snow before hitting the ground and disappearing after a few seconds, how would I make sure those 'monsters' don't set off the Motion Sensor. Oddly, not all of the snow sets it off, but there is a fair amount of 'interference', which I really don't want and would prefer not to have at all. So, using either MML or lua, can I set a type of monster to become indetectable on the Motion Sensor, and if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any help.
treellama
Vidmaster

If you don't want them to behave like monsters, why use monsters? Use effects instead.

See Arc7ic or Snowfrog.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

treellama wrote:If you don't want them to behave like monsters, why use monsters? Use effects instead.

See Arc7ic or Snowfrog.
Thanks, man. I'm looking around to see if I can find decent ways to make snow effects for a map on Marathon: Grendel, but the problem is a great majority of these bog down my laptop. If it bogs it down, it ain't gettin' made. So if there's a way to make a nice-looking snow effect without it bogging the game down, I'm all open to it.
treellama
Vidmaster

Arc7ic should run fine, although you'll have to make a relatively small map, or limit the snow to a smallish outside area. Snowfrog is pushing it in terms of size--in that script you can see I cut the update rate in half (half the snow moves on even ticks, half on odd ticks). Those two are the best you can do with a Lua script.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

treellama wrote:Arc7ic should run fine, although you'll have to make a relatively small map, or limit the snow to a smallish outside area. Snowfrog is pushing it in terms of size--in that script you can see I cut the update rate in half (half the snow moves on even ticks, half on odd ticks). Those two are the best you can do with a Lua script.
Well I'm thinking of something more like a big singleplayer map with outside and inside areas, but unfortunately, from what you're saying it seems like that technique is limited to a small multiplayer map. At most I could make a KTA map with this technique, but of course I don't want just a KTA map.

Oh well, thanks for the help anyways.