compiling on ubuntu 12.04 64bit

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
domtron
Spazeroid

Hi I'm trying to compile Alpha One on ubuntu 12.04 64-bit. I used the one line dependancy install command from the SF wiki page http://sourceforge.net/p/marathon/wiki/ ... tructions/. I also installed lua 5.2 and speex. I run "./configure | grep no" to see if anything fails which it doesn't and then I run make. Running make gives me the following error:

Code: Select all

In file included from lua_map.h:39:0,
                 from lua_map.cpp:24:
lua_templates.h: In instantiation of ‘static index_t L_LazyEnum<name, index_t>::ToIndex(lua_State*, int) [with char* name = ((char*)(& Lua_Sound_Name)); index_t = short int; lua_State = lua_State]’:
lua_map.cpp:1204:33:   required from here
lua_templates.h:499:8: error: ‘_lookup’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]
lua_templates.h:499:8: note: declarations in dependent base ‘L_Enum<((char*)(& Lua_Sound_Name)), short int>’ are not found by unqualified lookup
lua_templates.h:499:8: note: use ‘L_LazyEnum::_lookup’ instead
make[3]: *** [lua_map.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/domtron/games/AlephOne/Source_Files/Lua'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/domtron/games/AlephOne/Source_Files'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/domtron/games/AlephOne'
make: *** [all] Error 2
It's probably something stupid I forgot to do but I can't seem to figure it out. I'm trying to build the 1.0 release. I'm going to try the dev repo next to see if the problem was fixed after 1.0.

Thanks for any help

--
Domtron Vox
treellama
Vidmaster

That compile error is indeed fixed in the repository, but if you don't want to be that bleeding edge, you can change line 499 of lua_templates.h from this:

else if(_lookup(L, index, to)) return to;
to this:

else if(L_Enum<name, index_t>::_lookup(L, index, to)) return to;
domtron
Spazeroid

Thanks for the quick reply :) bleeding edge is fine by me. I might even do some code tweeking if I really like the engine. I know you contribute to the source. Are there any other devs?

Also out of curiosity shouldn't there be a bugfix update since this bug makes it unplayable on linux(at least 12.04)?

Thanks
--
Domtron Vox
treellama
Vidmaster

domtron wrote:Thanks for the quick reply :) bleeding edge is fine by me. I might even do some code tweeking if I really like the engine. I know you contribute to the source. Are there any other devs?
Hopper hangs around here, he's the other active developer. You can read the names of the giants whose shoulders we stand on by clicking on the "Powered by Aleph One" button at the menu screen.
Also out of curiosity shouldn't there be a bugfix update since this bug makes it unplayable on linux(at least 12.04)?
We are very close to releasing a beta of 1.1, so I guess we never got around to another 1.0.x. It would be nice if we had a maintainer downstream, to take care of this stuff at the distro level... :)