Alephone opening, and then freezing

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hello, I'm trying to reinstall several marathon games that I had at one point working on this computer, and deleted trying to free up some memory. The original trilogy runs fine, but when I try to play Marathon Evil or Phoenix with the newest version of aleph One the window opens up, and immediately freezes until I force quit.

I've tried everything I can think of, including just having it open for an hour or so, hoping it gave it's deal together.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.6.8 Macbook, with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. I'm unsure how to get logs and such, so if you need them, just ask.

Thank you for your time.
Hopper
Mjolnir Mark IV

The log file is located in your home directory's Library/Logs folder, named "Aleph One Log.txt". There may not be anything relevant, but it's best to check just in case. There might be old log messages that have nothing to do with your problem, so trash the file first, run Aleph One again so that it hangs, force quit it, and then check the log.

Since you had the scenarios running before, maybe an old preference is confusing Aleph One somehow. The Evil and Phoenix preferences should be in the ~/Library/Preferences/org.bungie.source.AlephOne folder.

If neither of those help, can you take a screenshot of the scenario folder and Aleph One, and describe how you run it? Do you put Aleph One in the Evil folder, or drop the Evil folder onto Aleph One, or use the "Choose Scenario" dialog? Also, what do you mean when you say "the window opens up"? Do you see a black screen, or the Phoenix intro screen?
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Thanks Hopper! I deleted the preference files and now they're working perfectly!

The new aleph one engine trying to use the old prefs, and not understanding it, or something?
Hopper
Mjolnir Mark IV

Glad to hear it!

'm not sure what exactly tripped it up; it might be an old preference like you said, or it could be a screen resolution that doesn't work on your new computer, or even a bad file path that Aleph One got hung up looking for. If you still have the old prefs in your Trash, you can PM me the file and I'll see if we can keep future versions of Aleph One from getting stuck. If not, that's OK; the important part is you're back in business.
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Sorry Hopper. I've already deleted them. If this happens when I try to install Rubicon or something, I'll be sure to save the pref files!
listener
Mjolnir Mark IV

Well, Spoke too soon. Rubicon is giving me trouble, and the thing that worked for Evil and Pheonix isn't working. And, the strange thing is, is that it's not giving me a log from the alephonelog.txt, which makes me think that it might just be my computer being old and not even running it completely.
Here's a link to the rubicon preferences, if that helps.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/2qfuf5udy ... references