Blastfrog's shitty suggestions thread

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

philtron wrote:Also, for all you whiners who were complaining about how FOV options (and other irrelevancies) are needed to bring in new members: please note how someone new just said hello in the "Welcome" subforum and none of you bothered to say hello back or make them feel welcome.
Gotcha.png
Gotcha.png (157.28 KiB) Viewed 9801 times
[MUp]
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Grendel is buried and dead
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

[MUp]
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

The point of bringing up your half baked Marathon Grendel scenario is to remind you of the lesson you should have learned from all that. You spent ridiculous amounts of time arguing with everyone about how you were definitely going to make it, how it was 100% for sure going to get finished; everyone told you it wasn't going to happen, but you didn't listen. You talked about it all the time (still, to this day, your most active topic is "Grendel is not dead"), and you kept wasting people's time asking their input on what to put into the scenario and whether to have dream levels or not, etc. And everyone was telling you to stop, but you ignored them.

And you never learned your lesson because here we are and you're just as self-involved as you were back then and you refuse to listen to what anyone else has to tell you.

And that's why I keep bringing up Marathon Grendel: to get your doltish, half-baked brain to remember what happened during Grendel's "development" and to, maybe finally in hindsight, learn your lesson and stop wasting everyone's time with your asinine and inane comments.

So, I guess what I'm saying is:
Where is Marathon: Grendel? You made an entire topic called "Grendel is Not dead", so where is it? I don't see it on Simplici7y. Did you upload it somewhere else?
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

HelviusRufus wrote:
philtron wrote:Also, for all you whiners who were complaining about how FOV options (and other irrelevancies) are needed to bring in new members: please note how someone new just said hello in the "Welcome" subforum and none of you bothered to say hello back or make them feel welcome.
Gotcha.png
[MUp]
I know, right? Thank you.
General Tacticus
Cyborg

Wow, you seriously need to chill out.
PerseusSpartacus
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yeah... no kidding. <_<
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

General Tacticus wrote:Wow, you seriously need to chill out.
[amiga] Never forget. [commodore]
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

To be fair, Phil does have a point. You never said hi (you still haven't).
New rule on the pfhorums: whoever doesn't pop in & say hi to newbies will have their avatar forcibly changed to that of a giant, harry, erect dick.
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0GHz 2003 (Model: 7,2)
Mac OS X 10.5.8 (Leopard)
7GB RAM (OWC PC-3200U-30330 DDR SDRAM 400MHz)
ATi Radeon X800 XT (GPU overclocked to 500MHz, VRAM to 550MHz)
General Tacticus
Cyborg

fair enough, I should probably check that section more often
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

Anyways, I think the two main thing we should focus on at the moment are (graphical) FOV support & swapping the FPS meter with the zoom button (make the FPS meter permanently bound to F7 and the zoom key rebindable).
hawkeyefile
Cyborg

I for one noticed when the dev's started to ignore better mouse support requests in mid 2013 (after the engine was rather stable on several platforms) the community began to shrink. I like Marathon for it's story, however the mouse support makes it more tedious instead of fun to play. I eventually stopped playing for this sole reason. It doesn't help the fact that the devs act holier than though when someone points out problems or begs for features only to be back handed and told something along the lines of, "you know nothing peon! How dare you challenge my developer powers!". It's why this community is dead.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

A1 developers don't get paid for their work. Therefore, they're going to work on the things that THEY would like to see implemented. Begging someone to do something they don't want to do in their free time is stupid. The community is dead because marathon wasn't a popular enough game to attract tons of developers.

I guess you can blame the few developers that actually spent time improving the engine if it makes you feel better.
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

Actually you're both sort of correct. Marathon wasn't very popular in the first place, but that doesn't mean it can't be with a bit of work. Many users (including me) found out about this game long after it's day. However many of the new users are weirded out by the older mechanics (including the mouse), scaring them away from the game. I understand that the devs are contributing their free time one to this project, but if they really want this community to expand they will need to be more diplomatic. I can understand ignoring ridiculous requests (such as demanding a full 3D Marathon) but you shouldn't ignore all of them.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

3371-Alpha wrote:I understand that the devs are contributing their free time one to this project, but if they really want this community to expand they will need to be more diplomatic.
When people talk about a1 devs in the present tense, I'm never quite sure who they're referring to.
philtron
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wrkncacnter wrote:
3371-Alpha wrote:I understand that the devs are contributing their free time one to this project, but if they really want this community to expand they will need to be more diplomatic.
When people talk about a1 devs in the present tense, I'm never quite sure who they're referring to.
Checkmate.
3371-Alpha
Cyborg

Wrkncacnter wrote:When people talk about a1 devs in the present tense, I'm never quite sure who they're referring to.
Ok, you've got a point. Besides Hopper, there's not much activity. I still think Marathon could grow with enough effort. Weather you consider me stupid or too hopeful is up to you, but I believe.
hawkeyefile
Cyborg

3371-Alpha wrote:
Wrkncacnter wrote:When people talk about a1 devs in the present tense, I'm never quite sure who they're referring to.
Ok, you've got a point. Besides Hopper, there's not much activity. I still think Marathon could grow with enough effort. Weather you consider me stupid or too hopeful is up to you, but I believe.
Eh, you're in that uncanny valley of "too stupid to do anything dangerous and fire starter".

Last bumped by Wrkncacnter on May 28th '17, 06:00.