A1 Hard Locks

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
TBCR
Mjolnir Mark IV

A1 Version: 1.2.1

Screenshot of error:
Spoiler:
So this just randomly happened to me while running M1. Instead of the usual blank screen soft lock, the audio stops and what is on screen appears. Unlike the SL, you actually have to close the game in order to fix it. I'm assuming the game did not like the fact that i saved not .75 seconds earlier and just gave up. Another guess is that I was playing so fast, the game did not know what to do.

Thanks in advance to any help.
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:44 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - PB
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 13:22 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB
Twitch
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

You may be hitting a key unawares.
Not certain what a soft lock is, but sometimes I will accidentally hit the Windows icon key, the start menu pops up and Marathon goes away. I am able to start it again, though, by closing the start menu, then alt-tab to the proper session and while that shows wherever I started Marathon from, clicking the mouse button brings the Marathon screen back up and running. Both the original and the M1A1.
This probably isn't any help since the start menu I get has no Marathon background as yours does.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
TBCR
Mjolnir Mark IV

HelviusRufus wrote:Not certain what a soft lock is, but sometimes I will accidentally hit the Windows icon key, the start menu pops up and Marathon goes away. I am able to start it again, though, by closing the start menu, then alt-tab to the proper session and while that shows wherever I started Marathon from, clicking the mouse button brings the Marathon screen back up and running. Both the original and the M1A1.
That's just accidentally hitting the windows key

the best way of summing up a softlock in terms of marathon speedrunning. On Neither High nor Low, the game apparently checks to see if there is a death or a reload. Since speedrunning is supposed to avoid those things for the most part, you would assume to just keep going. For some reason, if you don't either die/reload or save/reload, the game for some reason soft locks.

Difference between Soft Lock and Hard Lock

Soft Lock:
The game cannot continue due to glitch making the game impossible to continue.
You can still hear the game's music.
You can also exit back to the main menu.

Hard Lock:
The game hangs/freezes
No sound
usually a still frame of when the HL happend
You have to close the game completely and restart the program
Marathon Speedrun Times: Discord
M1A1 - 26:44 - PB
M2 - 33:52 - PB
M2 - XBLA - 33:00 - PB
M2 - Coop with ApertureGrillz - 27:17 IGT/29:09 RTA - WR
MInf - 13:22 - PB
Minf all main levels - 27:49 - PB
Twitch
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

All I'm hearing are excuses for why you haven't beaten the world record yet.
HelviusRufus
Cyborg

TBCR wrote:Soft Lock:
Hard Lock:
Thanks for the explanation.
I just play 'em; I don't know how they work.
hawkeyefile
Cyborg

Wrkncacnter wrote:All I'm hearing are excuses for why you haven't beaten the world record yet.
This.