Build Error

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Nobody
Born on Board

Building Aleph One on Ubuntu 9.04, errors during $ make:

Network/libnetwork.a(network_speex.o): In function `destroy_speex_encoder()':
/home/name/Desktop/AlephOne-20081226/Source_Files/Network/network_speex.cpp:78: undefined reference to `speex_preprocess_state_destroy'
Network/libnetwork.a(network_speex.o): In function `init_speex_encoder()':
/home/name/Desktop/AlephOne-20081226/Source_Files/Network/network_speex.cpp:56: undefined reference to `speex_preprocess_state_init'
/home/name/Desktop/AlephOne-20081226/Source_Files/Network/network_speex.cpp:59: undefined reference to `speex_preprocess_ctl'
/home/name/Desktop/AlephOne-20081226/Source_Files/Network/network_speex.cpp:61: undefined reference to `speex_preprocess_ctl'
/home/name/Desktop/AlephOne-20081226/Source_Files/Network/network_speex.cpp:64: undefined reference to `speex_preprocess_ctl'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [alephone] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/name/Desktop/AlephOne-20081226/Source_Files'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/name/Desktop/AlephOne-20081226/Source_Files'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/name/Desktop/AlephOne-20081226'
make: *** [all] Error 2

What gives? I have the libspeexdsp-dev package which contains speex_preprocess, but I can't find speex_preprocess_ctl nor speex_preprocess_state_init. Yahoo yields no clues, but it looks as if similar "undefined reference to 'speex_preprocess_state_destroy/init/ctl'" errors have occurred in other programs.

I'm sure I could disable speex via ./configure options, but don't want to unless I have to.
treellama
Vidmaster

What version of Speex is installed? At some point they moved the preprocessor functions from one library to another, but Aleph One picked up that change in mid '08.
Nobody
Born on Board

Odd. I ran out of space on my partition, more stuff happened, ended up reinstalling ubuntu, and now it works. Must not've had the right package before.

Thanks anyways.

EDIT: now, how do I choose between scenarios? i.e. what do I do to play M1, M2, and M00 without uninstalling and reinstalling them in my Aleph One folder?
Last edited by Nobody on Jul 18th '09, 02:18, edited 1 time in total.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

put aleph one into the scenario folder, not the other way around.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Nobody
Born on Board

tehWastedJamacan wrote:put aleph one into the scenario folder, not the other way around.
Duh. Thanks.

But that doesn't solve my problem; it's not as if there's an executable for each, just the command "alephone".
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Ooohhhh. so there isnt an executeble for ubuntu?
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Nobody
Born on Board

tehWastedJamacan wrote:Ooohhhh. so there isnt an executeble for ubuntu?
Right. In the README, it says to type "alephone" into the terminal (like windows' command prompt/DOS), which works, but starts M1A1 rather than let me choose which one I want to run.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Give the path to the folder that has the data files to alephone. So it'd be something like "alephone /home/douchebag/4GET_MARARTHON/"
Nobody
Born on Board

Sweet, it worked. Thanks, W'rk.