Use your Xbox Live Arcade Marathon: Durandal textures in Aleph One

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

Would it be possible to extract the Jjaro textures from the Jjaro Map Pack to use with the XBLA Shapes?
Last edited by President People on May 10th '11, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
treellama
Vidmaster

President People wrote:Would it be possible to extract the Jjaro textures from the Jjaro Map Pack to use with the XBLA Shapes?
Yes, you can use my extractmark script to get them. I don't know why you'd do this, though. They come with Infinity.
President People
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:Yes, you can use my extractmark script to get them. I don't know why you'd do this, though. They come with Infinity.
I don't actually have the pack, so I don't know what they look like, but it sounds like they aren't enhanced like the M2 textures were. If they're not, the TTEP or Goran's Jjaro textures plugin would still work, I guess.
Love Marathon, and also play Doom on modern source ports? You might like these skins!
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Well, even if nothing more comes of this, thanks for thinking about the community anyway.
TychoVII
Cyborg

I've got a copy of 3ds Max. If the models themselves were made available I would gladly render out some higher resolution images.

Of course it all comes down to the permission of Bungie though.
"We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart."
smoke.tetsu
Spazeroid

thedoctor45 wrote:Well, I suppose I could just create a RAR file instead with all the new glowmap sprites and scripts that you would then simply extract over the existing ones.

That wouldn't take long.

EDIT: here's the patch: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HA740STN
This didn't seem to do anything for me. I guess you have to run that other script as well for any changes to show up? I just followed the instructions that came with it to a T and didn't notice any difference.

I wish there was a pack for mere mortals who don't have access to a 360 can install into their aleph one. ;)
Last edited by smoke.tetsu on Jun 30th '11, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.
Switch
Vidmaster

Hey tetsuo, just approved your account. Welcome to the pfhorums.
smoke.tetsu
Spazeroid

Thanks, and I just fixed up my triple posting that happened when I didn't notice the uh.... notice. :P
treellama
Vidmaster

You are correct that you must extract the 360 shapes and run all the scripts before these glowmaps will work. If you can get permission from Bungie to redistribute the data files, we'll gladly release them as an easy-to-install plugin :)
interion
Cyborg

Treellama wrote:You are correct that you must extract the 360 shapes and run all the scripts before these glowmaps will work. If you can get permission from Bungie to redistribute the data files, we'll gladly release them as an easy-to-install plugin :)
How would one set this up as a plugin? When I originally installed everything I made a new Marathon 2 installation following the instructions, but with the new preference changes in beta 3 this would overlap with my regular M2 copy, wouldn't it? Would it be possible to set it up as a plugin in my regular M2 folder that I could toggle on or off to play the original or with the 360 textures?
Image Image
treellama
Vidmaster

Tim wrote:How would one set this up as a plugin? When I originally installed everything I made a new Marathon 2 installation following the instructions, but with the new preference changes in beta 3 this would overlap with my regular M2 copy, wouldn't it?
You'd have to switch shapes files, because it would remember the last ones in your preferences, yes.
Would it be possible to set it up as a plugin in my regular M2 folder that I could toggle on or off to play the original or with the 360 textures?
The fixes to replacement textures in beta 3 mean it will be possible to load XBLA textures without a shapes file, but someone has to write the MML. And oh boy, is that a lot of MML to write. Once done, you could make it a plugin, or just install it to the Scripts folder in your XBLA, and not worry about switching shapes.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've releasd my own custom version of the M2 XBLA enhancements as a plugin for AlephOne 1.0 on Simplici7y - it includes support for bloom effects and bumpmaps and a few other fixes - so check it out: http://www.simplici7y.com/items/m2-xbla-hd...-alephone-1-0-4
Last edited by thedoctor45 on Jan 5th '12, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! [MGrin]
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

I've detected a rather serious bug with the download - during netmatches the player graphics won't show up - neither does the ball. I'm currently reuploading the pack - everybody who downloaded the first one should re-download asap.

EDIT: Fixed Download is now available >HERE<
Last edited by thedoctor45 on Jan 6th '12, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Absolutely fantastic work Doctor!