Use your Xbox Live Arcade Marathon: Durandal textures in Aleph One

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:Static effect uses the silhouette CLUT. You will probably have to extend the collection, separating M1 and M2 compilers into separate sequences. Unfortunately this will also mean a new physics file :(

Would it be bad to pick one or the other?
not really, I'd pick the M2 ones but there're only purple and blue - the orange colour table has been replaced by the M1 models.
I could photoshop them, but this couldn't be distributed.
Last edited by thedoctor45 on Oct 18th '09, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

I don't think there's any easy way to fix this. An engine change might be required to make it work. For now, pick one set of compilers and focus on other monsters I guess.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Is there a way to increase the default resolution of the chapter screen graphics? I have the hi-res versions of Craigs artwork and I'd like to update them if possible, but the game always switches to 640x480 - maybe a hexadecimal hack of the main AlephOne.app could change this?
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

some more screenshots:

everything except the Bob, the Trooper, the regular Fighter, the Enforcer, the Hunter and the Tick has been fixed. enjoy!

thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Bobwithkeycard
Mjolnir Mark IV

quite the nice way to finish off the day..by watching pix from your convo project :)
look pretty cool!
I bring my own plasma rifle to the house of pain
treellama
Vidmaster

Combine the XBLA stuff thedoctor45 is working on with the shader-support branch, and you hardly know you're not playing on the Xbox. Well, aside from looking nicer:
[attachment=3191:full_roa..._vapor_2.jpg]
Attachments
full_roaming_vapor_2.jpg
full_roaming_vapor_2.jpg (194.07 KiB) Viewed 9577 times
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:Combine the XBLA stuff thedoctor45 is working on with the shader-support branch, and you hardly know you're not playing on the Xbox. Well, aside from looking nicer:
I remember reading about the shader support some time ago. What's the current status of this "project"? - any breaktroughs or previews in range?
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

TL, that pic looks beautiful
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
treellama
Vidmaster

thedoctor45 wrote:I remember reading about the shader support some time ago. What's the current status of this "project"? - any breaktroughs or previews in range?
We have our top men working on it.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Wow. Great job!
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
TychoVII
Cyborg

Bloom on everything please. kthxbai.
"We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart."
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Small status update:
I fixed the Hunter, the Tick and the Enforcer - the remaining models are the Bob, the Trooper, parts of the Fighter and the Player himself - which will take a while because there are so many different frames for the player...

I hope to get this finished sometime next week though so stay tuned.
Last edited by thedoctor45 on Oct 22nd '09, 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

SHADER SUPPORT! HOT DAWG! how can i help?
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

All enemy sprites except for the player have been properly fixed now. I think I'll record a small gameplay vid and post it here to give people a better impression of the final result and to help them decide if they really want to buy the XBLA version and go through all this extracting/converting procedure - but you can believe me, it's awesome.

cheers
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

If we do buy it, and use all the textures/sprites, could we use yours? Like, would TL be fine with that?
D?rovací tvá?í.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

As soon as I host the files somewhere on the net where people can access and download them it would be copyright infringement. Also Im not authorized to judge if certain people have really bought the game or if they are faking it.
So you'll have to extract them youself I'm afraid.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

thedoctor45 wrote:As soon as I host the files somewhere on the net where people can access and download them it would be copyright infringement. Also Im not authorized to judge if certain people have really bought the game or if they are faking it.
So you'll have to extract them youself I'm afraid.
You could play with them online to guarantee their purchase. My issue is that I am not good at optimizing sprites and stuff.

You could password protect it. But there are a load of issues that could run with that.
D?rovací tvá?í.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

WastdJamacan wrote:You could play with them online to guarantee their purchase.
Please understand my situation - I can't decide this on my own - if someone here gets his hands on the stuff who isn't supposed to, it's always my fault.
WastdJamacan wrote:My issue is that I am not good at optimizing sprites and stuff.
no need to optimize anything - the updated Shapes file + the Scripts and some enhancements will be hosted here on this site - all you need are the actual PNG sprites from the XBLA package. Check the first post for instructions on how to extract them.
goran
Vidmaster

It would be cool if bungie had this as an xboxlive download. I'd gladly pay 5 dollars or whatever to download the pngs from xboxlive and skip the hassle of extracting them myself. Although, this idea is probably not very attractive to bungie. The thon community is so small the earnings would be minimal.
Last edited by goran on Oct 25th '09, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

Goran wrote:Although, this idea is probably not very attractive to bungie. The thon community is so small the earnings would be minimal.
I would have thought the same about the Marathon: Durandal game itself.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:I would have thought the same about the Marathon: Durandal game itself.
Who knows? Maybe they came down with a brief case of nostalgia. They'd certainly have the money and resources to entertain such extravagant attacks of wistfulness for days past.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

Alright the video is online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwv4-JVD_x4

don't forget to press the HD-button ;)
Pfheil
Cyborg

Tangentially related note:
Perfect Dark is getting the same treatment. It's hard for me to imagine many will buy it, because those that liked it in the day still own it, and those that don't probably will have their opinions colored by the mediocre 360 title.

EDIT: Looks very good, by the way. The updated AR graphics made me want to cry, it was so beautiful. The Pfhor looked a bit weird though.
Last edited by Pfheil on Oct 28th '09, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
F-OBED F-OBED F-OBED
Map badly if you must, but MAP.