Map Problem 2

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
goran
Vidmaster

We have found a new bug/error during the syndicate map design. Three of our maps crash when we attempt to save our games. All these maps are fairly complex, two above 2000 polygons and one at 900 polygons.

I did some troubleshooting on a 2400 polygon map and the error disappears when 900-1000 polygons have been deleted. It is not related to specific polygons, but rather the amount of polygons (did two delete sessions to verify this).

Other things that were tested: (all negative)swapping physics modelsnuking texturesnuking objectsdisabling all scriptsturning all polygons into normal polygons (e.g no platforms)earlier versions of A1creating a new map with Weland to see if Weland was at fault.
My hypothesis:

Alephone cannot store the new limit of map indexes in a saved game file.

Treellama, is this it? Or is it something else? What really throws me off is that we have a 900 polygon map with the same problem. Map indexes seems to be a plausable guess based on my limited knowledge.
Last edited by goran on Feb 28th '10, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

Confirmed: the problem is map indexes. This is now fixed in SVN.
goran
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Confirmed: the problem is map indexes. This is now fixed in SVN.
treellama
Vidmaster

Note, that if you had more RAM (around 18 exabytes) you would not see this crash.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:Note, that if you had more RAM (around 18 exabytes) you would not see this crash.
Excellent news!

My mad science lab is due for an upgrade, anyhow.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
goran
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Note, that if you had more RAM (around 18 exabytes) you would not see this crash.
Haha, 18 exabytes. I wish!
Vladtepes
Cyborg

Maybe you should take care of real problems instead of solving so called issues that would not occur if players had their gaming rig up to date!

[spnkr]
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS