Alephone Network Gather Failure

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
CrossEyed
Spazeroid

Ok here's the deal, I've found several places (portforward, the phorums, & other sites) that all tell me how to setup a router the right way and of course they all say the same exact thing how to setup my router & Mac OS X. Problem is, when I go to gather a network game 2 things happen, 1) I get a firewall error message (-895) even though the router on both the router & computer are disabled 2) after I ignore the error I am successful in getting as far as the chat area 3) even though auto gather is enabled & people are able to join, the game won't go past that. What is going happening and what can I do to fix this??
Last edited by CrossEyed on Mar 2nd '10, 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
Vladtepes
Cyborg

Oh my... have you ever heard about the "Enter" key? I do not even understand what you mean in your 1)

It is possible to access the chat area of the metaserver even if your router and or firewall is not configured properly. Routing the port is only necessary so players can join your game. If players cannot actually join your games, then you probably have a router or firewall configuration issue.
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
treellama
Vidmaster

You should actually read the error messages the engine presents:
"Aleph One failed to configure the firewall/router. You may be unable to gather."

If you have disabled your firewalls/routers, but still ask Aleph One to configure them, wouldn't it make sense to get this error? Simply disable that checkbox.

As for the rest of your message, if you've actually configured things correctly (I am not sure how you disable a NAT router and still use the Internet) then joiners should appear as graphical players in your gather window, and once you have at least two, you can click Play to start.

If nobody shows up there, then you haven't actually opened the correct ports.
Last edited by treellama on Mar 2nd '10, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
CrossEyed
Spazeroid

Thanks Treellama, that made total sense. I unchecked the configure Upnp setting in gather net game & I got no error messages what-so-ever.

Thanks again.

Cross
patrickthom
Spazeroid

I have also unchecked the configure Upnp setting in gather net game but why i am still getting the fucking error messages