arm processors?

Have a question, suggestion, or comment about Aleph One's features and functionality (Lua, MML, the engine itself, etc)? Post such topics here.
Elven
Spazeroid

Is aleph one compatible with arm processors or just intel?
Switch
Vidmaster

I approved your account. Welcome to the Pfhorums, Elven!
treellama
Vidmaster

Aleph One should run on any platform with a modern C++ compiler. That includes arm!
Elven
Spazeroid

Treellama wrote:Aleph One should run on any platform with a modern C++ compiler. That includes arm!
So if I were to install ubuntu on an android device with an arm processor I would be able to play marathon albeit slowly?
treellama
Vidmaster

As long as the prerequisites are all supported, sure. You'll probably need to compile stuff yourself--at least Aleph One.
Elven
Spazeroid

Treellama wrote:As long as the prerequisites are all supported, sure. You'll probably need to compile stuff yourself--at least Aleph One.
Do you mean compile it from a source or rewrite the whole thing?
Elven
Spazeroid

Elven wrote:Do you mean compile it from a source or rewrite the whole thing?
Also here (http://androidforums.com/application-re ... -port.html) they say that bungie released an iPad port however the only mention of an iPad port is a freelance developer (not bungie) asking for beta testers?
Sam Lowry
Cyborg

Blogs mention a great push for cleaner C/C++ support. Someone with an understanding of A1 and Android could try it with the SDK.
Then find the $500-$x000 for the next gen tablet or device. We might get to see what the OS, more cores better gpu and memory can support with good code.

Sadly we have ipad support but something seems to be keeping it low res in parts.
shawn(at)fsu: My nephew wants to start doing game modding ...
hux: If he likes Halo, try modding for Marathon, the older Bungie fps game.
interkin3tic: Noooo!!! I did that in high school and look where I am now: SLASHDOT!!!
W: it's long and obnoxious, i like it
treellama
Vidmaster

Compile from source should be enough! Ubuntu ought to have all the prerequisites in it.

Ignore A1intheA, he reads a few words in each post and googles them and then pastes one of the links randomly. Missed "Ubuntu" in this one.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 12th '11, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.