Phfor ship from outside?

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
ftyuv
Spazeroid

I was reading the Marathon Spoiler Guide and it alluded to a couple nifty-sounding easter eggs. Apparently you can jump out of the Phfor ship in Eupfhoria and take a space-walk to see the Marathon up close, as well as the Phfor ship far away.

The guide mentions that you need to use a short physics model. I'm sure this is a very n00b question, but I've searched on google and such, and I can't find out how to do this. The only physics model editors I saw are for the Mac, and as far as I can tell, MML doesn't help. Anyone know how I can make my dude short, or have a pre-made physics model for it that I can use? TIA!
$lave

To make a new physics model you need anvil...

Also, you need to be on a Mac. This only works on the original marathon, not M1A1, I'm pretty sure they glassed in the windows for the A1 version.

I DID do this, or rather a friend of mine did, using an M1 map editor I believe he got with the trilogy.. it was a real pain in the ass apparently, and the result was... I real don't feel like I should have you go through the trouble of doing this, to find.... but I feel like I shouldn't tell you what it is at the same time.... maybe, if you really really want I might tell you what you see.
Volcanon
Mjolnir Mark IV

Tell me what you saw. I'm curious.
Nobody
Born on Board

I've been wondering myself what happens, but have had no success with A1 trying to do so. Please, if you don't tell me, I'll go slowly insane pondering what's out there. I feel like a paranoid man who can always just almost see someone behind him, and he quickly turns, only to have the apparition vanish.

That's not the only time The Spoiler Guide or the Story Page has said "you'll just have to see for yourself" and left me hanging.

Seriously, though, WHAT IS IT?
logan
Mjolnir Mark IV

you see a midget breakdancing, seriously......

ftyuv
Spazeroid

Ha! Well, thanks for at least cluing us in. Kinda makes me wish I could see it for myself, but oh well. The Spoiler also implies something spiffy happens when you fire at the Marathon when you're near it, what's that?

It's funny, I bought the original Marathon back when I was a kid, but it kicked my butt -- I couldn't even make it past the third level (which I guess is level 2? Never Burn Money). Now I'm playing it and doing much better. Ah, memories.
Nobody
Born on Board

you see a midget breakdancing, seriously......
That's It !!! It all makes perfect sense now ! The number 7, The Halo- Marathon connection, the storyline of Marathon Infinity, the tru7h the Breakdancing Midget is the common factor! My life is complete! Thank you, logan for changing my life ! [a1logo]

EDIT: Oh, wait, you were joking. . . Damn. [MAngry] Don't mess with me like that, man.
Last edited by Nobody on Feb 8th '08, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

ftyuv wrote:Ha! Well, thanks for at least cluing us in. Kinda makes me wish I could see it for myself, but oh well. The Spoiler also implies something spiffy happens when you fire at the Marathon when you're near it, what's that?

It's funny, I bought the original Marathon back when I was a kid, but it kicked my butt -- I couldn't even make it past the third level (which I guess is level 2? Never Burn Money). Now I'm playing it and doing much better. Ah, memories.
Ahhhh, never burn money. The scariest level in the whole fucking trilogy...
Can't speel for hist.
$lave

If you REALLY want to know what happens, PM me.
The Thug
Vidmaster

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Ahhhh, never burn money. The scariest level in the whole fucking trilogy...
That doesn't even come close to Curiouser and Curiouser... Now that level is freaky.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.