Which difficulty do you prefer to play on?

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Marathoner325
Cyborg

Discuss.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Marathoner325 wrote:Discuss.
Good post dude. Just excellent.
irons
Vidmaster

I don't know.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
$lave

I *play* on Total Carnage, but I playtest most maps on normal first.

I do enjoy playing on normal every once in awhile, it's more laid back (although most enemies have a pretty pathetic firing rate on normal).
The Thug
Vidmaster

When I started playing this game I was in kindergarten, so I assumed I should play on Kindergarten. Then in 1st grade I figured kindergarten was too easy to I played Easy. At this point I was still horrible, but around 2nd grade I was a normal kid so I decided that Normal fitted me. But in 4th grade, I was a bully and I inflicted damage on kids that played Marathon on Normal or lower, so I thought Major Damage was the way to go. Then in 5th grade, I was just amazing, so I played on Total Carnage. Ever since then I've played on Total Carnage, but every once and a while I will play on Major Damage or Normal to go back to my younger days.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
CryoS
Vidmaster

aww you little thug :´)

yah testing maps and such is often on normal at first, just to see that its playable for the normal player, then i bring it up to TC to make sure you'll get slaughtered :P
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

I always test my maps on Total Carnage, and if I can beat it I just make it harder. Otherwise I just play on normal.
Major Pedro
Cyborg

I play and test on normal. That's normal, y'know, it's the difficulty games are designed to be played at. Actually when I was playing M1 I was on kindergarten/easy, but I was using the keys...
$lave

Major Pedro wrote:M1 I was on kindergarten/easy, but I was using the keys...
I use keys.

jessenator
Cyborg

to be honest I'll normally play Major damage on M2, normal on â?? and most TCs, and if I'm feeling like I just want to blow shit up I'll throw it into total carnage and pfhorgiveness...
â?¢musicâ?¢sfxâ?¢texturesâ?¢bullsh*t
Odie
Born on Board

Total carnage with keyboard only on the normal marathons. On the Tcs, I play on kindergarden:) Btw, I love the KillThemAll s.
Marathoner325
Cyborg

I use the keyboard as well. I'm more used to it than the mouse. And since I use the keyboard I can play the original M1 comfortably (the non Aleph-one version).
Itszutak
Born on Board

Well, I'm on my first run-through, and have been on Normal the whole time. I'm thinking of bumping it up a notch once I finish though, and after I learn how to dodge bullets

*coughmouse+keyboardcough*
chinkeeyong
Mjolnir Mark IV

I normally play on Easy, which more or less fits my (terrible) SP skill level. In harder levels, sometimes I cheat and switch to Kindergarten just to clear them.
Embrace imagination.