The rest of the Mjolnir Mk4s

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
LimeLord
Born on Board

Hey, does anyone know what happened to the rest of the Mjolnir Mk4s? Do they just stay on the colony or what happens? I'm thinking of making a scenario surrounding them but i'd like it to be marathonicaly accurate.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

No-one knows for sure. There are alot of ideas at http://marathon.bungie.org/story/mjolnir.html
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

"Real life, getting in the way of nerds since 1983"
-DcBob
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

didn't tycho say something like, "when the colony at tau ceti was destroyed, the nine mjolnir cyborgs were merely larger blips. In the end, you will be no better" which basically sums it up; the nine were destroyed and you're the last one.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
Bridget
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm sure there's more of them back on earth and in the surrounding colony worlds.
Alan wrote:QUOTE(Alan @ Feb 1 2008, 08:14 PM) Also why is Bridget a guy yet he looks so pretty?
LimeLord
Born on Board

I'd like to think that some of them survived. . . .

Yes, that sounds good, humans figure out stuff from blake's return, a shipful of them go back to the ol' site of where th colony was, and BLAMO there's one very bored cyborg sitting in crater of a nuclear detonation. They pick him up, decorate him, and then send him off to help take down the pfhor!

Whaddya think?
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

They farted and their house blew up. That's what I think.
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.
TychoVII
Cyborg

My understanding always was that you were the 10th living on the Marathon and the 9 other cyborgs all died when the colony was destroyed.
"We have enough youth. What we need is a fountain of smart."
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Hmm, thats interesting. You escape on a small ship while the planet with all your cyborg breatheren is destroyed. Remind of you of a particular Halo book, perhaps? ;)
The only choice you have is the one I've already made for myself. Disappear into the darkness. Then make them fear the shadows.

-DcBob
LimeLord
Born on Board

Crap, well then. . . there goes my cool story idea. Maybe my character could just be a random left over battle-roid from earth. But that's not near so cool. . .
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Huh? No, your story idea is sound as far as I know. I was accusing the creator of the halo books of stealing from the marathon plot.

-DcBob
LimeLord
Born on Board

Cool! Well then the previous idea stands.
LimeLord
Born on Board

Yes, then i could have dream levels in between chapters of the player fighting on the colony! Yes it would work fabulously.

Also, is the colony actually destroyed? In the first marathon, it is pointedly stated that it is not destroyed in the end, where Leela tells us that they suffered less than the humans on the marathon. But in infinity, tycho tells us its destroyed. Is tycho screwing with you? Or was it destroyed in the reality you're in? Or was it destroyed for real? Can anyone sort me out?
Any suggestions?
Last edited by LimeLord on Jun 26th '06, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Infinity takes place in a different reality. You can also find discussion at http://marathon.bungie.org/story/colony.html

-DcBob
TychoVII
Cyborg

I've actually been planning on using the other cyborgs for a scenario of my own. They were going to be the basis for a coop scenario I wanted to create that actually had a plot along with some fun coop-ed-ness. Halathon is sort of priority though and after spending nearly a month on the first coop level I kind of lost interest when it started to act up in a buggy way.

http://www.nextforcesw.com/marathon/coop.shtml

That page is extremely old though and was written before I decided to make it a plot-based scenario.
SirBlastalot
Vidmaster

Speaking of halathon, when do you expect the next release?

-DcBob
TychoVII
Cyborg

Well I was hoping to get at least one multiplayer port of a halo map done before the next release. But that means I have to actually work on porting the textures which is a P.A.I.N. Halathon is currently leaps and bounds beyond the release on the website though. I'll keep trying to get something up before the end of summer :P
EatFood

Sorry for posting a month later and all, but I thought it was really funny that I'm playing through the trilogy for my first time, and I happened to stop for today almost exactly at the terminal in question in M2.

This being one of the first threads I click on my first time on these forums, and posting about all these firsts in my first post.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v387/Kyp/poorguys.png

The pictures are big enough to break tables, so I linked them. :P
LimeLord
Born on Board

cool, thanx
Coraxus
Cyborg

Didn't Durandal mentioned that 2 months after he and the S'phts took off in the stolen Pfhor scoutship, that the Tau Ceti colony was then destroyed? You know, I'm kind of surprised that Durandal didn't take the effort to try and abduct the rest of the other Mjolnir cyborgs.

In anycase, I think if you wanted to have some survive, it's possible that Tau Ceti has an AI who happened to rebuild a long range sensor that detected the next wave of attack and that somehow, the AI masked or faked one or few of the cyborgs' signals to preserve them, who knows.
oteito
Vidmaster

maybe the Mjornir Mark 4 were killed in another reality... ah, no, it would have been true if it was Marathon infinity
LOL
I_likeup
Spazeroid

I remeber Durandal saying
"Tycho is infiltrating the ship.
Don't believe everything you read."
That may mean that the 9 other Mjolnir cyborgs may had NOT been destoried. [MGrin]
I say they made a rock band and partied like there was no tomorrow! [spnkr]
Tybo
Cyborg

kineticturtle
Vidmaster

Truly excellent sleuthing. I applaud you.
oteito
Vidmaster

those dudes are dead, burned, glassed, whatever u want, tycho stated that those peeps were destroyed in teh colony.
LOL
oteito
Vidmaster

TheWarPigeon wrote:I remeber Durandal saying
"Tycho is infiltrating the ship.
Don't believe everything you read."

That may mean that the 9 other Mjolnir cyborgs may had NOT been destoried. [MGrin]
I say they made a rock band and partied like there was no tomorrow! [spnkr]
tycho saying the deaths of the cyborgs did nopt sound as a lie, but i could have been deceived [MFrown] [spnkr]
LOL