How strong IS The Security Officer?

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Spaceface Mcgee
Spazeroid

I mean, by that, do you want to try and calculate his physicals?

I once said that he punches with 7428.57142857 psi, for example.
Juzo-kun
Born on Board

I don't have the physics background to calculate that but leaving dents on control panels, directly break them or killing with a few punches make me think "quite strong", yeah.
[Personally, I'm not for giving away too much details about stats or backstory, it makes me break a bit the immersion. But for others might be different, of course!]
asdkzx123
Spazeroid

It depends, is he running or standing still.
Spaceface Mcgee
Spazeroid

asdkzx123 wrote:It depends, is he running or standing still.
Let's just say standing still.
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dead soldiers were recycled in makeshift battleroid factories. Easy to manufacture chips enhanced the fragile human brain, and genetically enhanced muscles and titanium bones replaced the fragile human form. The modern battleroid was born.
My guess is: very strong.
General Tacticus
Cyborg

Well, the player can:
-Sprint at 20 Kph *indefinitely*
-Kill a human with a single punch (with a bit of run up)
-Fall absurd distances without damage (Durandal even mentions this)
-Punch armored hunters to death
... while carrying a whole arsenal on their back (matter compression and antigravity shenanigans not-withstanding)

I'm gonna say Very Strong.
Spaceface Mcgee
Spazeroid

General Tacticus wrote:Well, the player can:
-Sprint at 20 Kph *indefinitely*
-Kill a human with a single punch (with a bit of run up)
-Fall absurd distances without damage (Durandal even mentions this)
-Punch armored hunters to death
... while carrying a whole arsenal on their back (matter compression and antigravity shenanigans not-withstanding)

I'm gonna say Very Strong.
Damn
Lion O Cyborg
Cyborg

And he takes more damage than the Bobs, due to artificially strengthened bones and tougher skin. The two layers of shields his armour provides are extra.

Not to mention his armour can provide autorepair systems to his body so long as it's powered by any energy recharge terminal, with bodily repairs taking first priority over the two shields. Some terminals only have enough power for the repair systems.
General Tacticus
Cyborg

Note: This personal headcannon/Interpretation probably varies person to person, so this isn't intended to be contradictory but rather what I came up with to explain things.

I've always figured that the armor the player wears is mostly there to protect the electronics and batteries that power your life support and shields, and keep the air pressure in. Most of the weapons you are hit with are powerful enough to blow the flesh off your titanium bones with one shot, so what "health" you have beyond energy shields wouldn't be all that important.

My assumption here is based on the fact that grenades do about 80 damage and everything else in the game is within the same order of magnitude (pfhor staff blasts are 30, magnum bullets are 20). My tenuous explanation for this would be that the bullets we use contain high explosives, hence magnum rounds causing 20 damage rather than 0.3

Obviously this is all very shaky supposition, as there isn't any real material to base things on. This doesn't explain my flickt'a are able to hurt you, for example.
ravenshining
Vidmaster

I kinda have the opposite headcanon - that the munitions we fire, especially AR bullets, are woefully underpowered, due to a combination of poor manufacturing and having sat around for 300 years. We see evidence of this in the ridiculously slow speed at which our bullets fly, and how un-armoured, not-cyborg civilians just kinda say "ouch" and keep running when you shoot them.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

His armor was clearly designed to make his butt look good, and nothing else.
butt.png
butt.png (73.33 KiB) Viewed 6605 times
General Tacticus
Cyborg

Yeah, the damage values are wonky one way or another. My assumptions are really only consistant with m1, where civilians can't survive AR bullets (i'm pretty sure, anyway). I never really thought about the bullet speed thing since they do not travel fast enough in game to do anything to an unarmored person.

*edit*
...Hang on, I should probably check that...
1024 units/sec is about 32 meters/sec right? A regular 44 magnum round is about 16 grams, so the impact energy would be about 8.1 joules. A regular 44 magnum fired from a pistol usually hits with 1000 joules, while paintball guns hit with 10-20 joules. Arrows, crossbow bolts, and .22 pistol bullets usually clock in the 70-120 range.
The density and hardness could probably break the skin, and certainly leave a mark, but not kill.
ravenshining
Vidmaster

A projectile speed of 1024 = 1 WU / tick = 2 metres / tick = 60 metres per second, so twice the velocity. And, it's a .44 (or .45, according to the M1 manual) Magnum "Mega" - possibly something more similar to a .445 SuperMag, which can weigh as much as 22 grams. That would give... 39.657 joules. All this is probably garbage though.

BoBs can survive AR bullets, that's how you test to see whether they're bombs or not!
If he bleeds red, he's Marathon-bred
If he bleeds yellow, he's an explosive fellow

All flavours of M1 BoB should be able to survive 2 AR bullets, or 1 pistol bullet, except the yellow "science" BoBs who can take 1 AR bullet and can't take a pistol bullet.
General Tacticus
Cyborg

Ah, I stand corrected then. I thought it measured 64ths of a WU per second, for some reason. I'm not sure why I thought bobs had so little health, maybe I accidentally shot a few already-wounded bobs in the past.

As you said though, doing physics calculations from in game speeds isn't going to give much useful info.
HunterOfShadows
Cyborg

Spaceface Mcgee wrote:I mean, by that, do you want to try and calculate his physicals?

I once said that he punches with 7428.57142857 psi, for example.
He can punch things and kill them with a few blows or even a single one, a feat ordinary humans would struggle to match, and we know he's a battleroid

Very strong, also worth noting he can take the MA75 in all 3 games and reliably handle it's recoil, which is a very impressive feat of strength
Gut007
Spazeroid

General Tacticus wrote: Jul 25th '19, 07:52 Yeah, the damage values are wonky one way or another. My assumptions are really only consistant with m1, where civilians can't survive AR bullets (i'm pretty sure, anyway). I never really thought about the bullet speed thing since they do not travel fast enough in game to do anything to an unarmored person.

*edit*
...Hang on, I should probably check that...
1024 units/sec is about 32 meters/sec right? A regular 44 magnum round is about 16 grams, so the impact energy would be about 8.1 joules. A regular 44 magnum fired from a pistol usually hits with 1000 joules, while paintball guns hitwith 10-20 joules. Arrows, crossbow bolts, and .22 pistol bullets usually clock in the 70-120 range.
The density and hardness could probably break the skin, and certainly leave a mark, but not kill.
I do that a lot too. Friends and I just have 6 hour murderfests of Starcraft at one of our houses.