Mararthon Multiplayer on YouTube

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

'sup turkeys,

I recently began uploading films of multiplayer matches onto YouTube, starting with a sweet compilation video which includes footage from 2011-2019, complete with FISHES and THE FRIGGIN' PERFECT RAINBOWSTORM. Right now I'm uploading various matches from films I have saved up, and from a few other contributors. The goal being to highlight the best moments of modern Marathon multiplayer which, believe it or not, can still be fun at times.

I figured I'd post a request here for anyone who wants to contribute potential films. I've been editing them together to feature different POVs. I only have two stipulations:

1. No stock maps
2. It can't be super boring

I'm not sure how many videos total I'll upload, but if you're interested, feel free to post here or send me a PM. If not, well, at least check out the video, because you might be in it. [spnkr]
$lave

very cool, needs more hotmodal tho
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

nostalgia time, damn. might have to get set up to play a bit, the metaserver get busy much anymore?
Sharkie Lino

It occasionally gets a bunch of people, evenings when it does. But on what day, or sometimes days? Varies very much.

Windbreaker wrote: 1. No stock maps
2. It can't be super boring
I guess those 2007 replays I shared are out then. [MTongue]
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

screamingfool wrote:nostalgia time, damn. might have to get set up to play a bit, the metaserver get busy much anymore?
You should. I still host Revel from time to time. Great maps in there. As for the meatserver, there's still activity, but it's slowed down over the years as you can imagine. Though, to be honest, I'm surprised games are hosted as often as they are. There's a website set up for it now: https://metaserver.lhowon.org

It helps that Wrk has developed a !net role in the discord server so players can ping members of that role if they're looking for a game. Seems to help a bunch with coordinating games between interested parties. Feel free to join; it's where all the cool kids go: https://discord.gg/c7rEVgY
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

let's see if I can lure sf back online again with another awesome compilation video of games from the past year. don't break my heart sf </3

Anyways, I put together another compilation. I think the migration of users to discord has all but completed, except for, like, ukimalefu. Maybe. So ukimalefu, check it out!
$lave wrote: Feb 14th '20, 14:26 very cool, needs more hotmodal tho
done sorta
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

Well, I didn't lure sf back online with my last compilation video. This year's multiplayer compilation video features an sf map, so maybe I'll have more luck this time :(

Marathon Infinity Multiplayer - Best of 2021 (w/60fps): https://youtu.be/4LSpPIjgv6Y