Escape From the Marathon

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
CryoS
Vidmaster

Simon told the rest to stay put as the sneaked his head out the doors, with rifle and flashlight. Checking the wide and exposed corridor.
"Looks clear." Simon said.
He saw the flickering sign outside the entrance to the medbay. a broken window and a bunch of crates.
"ok keep close all." Simon said as he slowly started to approach the medbay door.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
TectonInd
Mjolnir Mark IV

Joshua heard a voice. He'd been in something of a delirium for a brief period of time since his arrival in the medbay, maybe by the severe injuries he'd sustained, or by the stress of the attack, but through some miracle he was aware of his altered mental state. For a while now he'd been hearing people talking in strange voices, but coupled with the optical distortions he'd been having for some time, he didn't really trust his mind. He had thought about treating his injuries, but in the state he was in he decided not to, just trying to keep his strength. But these voices seemed real; what he believed were hallucinations talked in disturbing tones, constantly taunting him over the loss of his comrades.

Joshua sprung from his seat on one of the beds and crept over to the door. He knocked on the door of the medical station, and asked "Who's there?"
Last edited by TectonInd on Oct 6th '10, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Cyborg

Gerald heard the doors open, and another spike of adrenaline brought him back to crystal focus. He hefted the assault rifle, and heard Simon say "Okay, keep close, all."

He nodded and moved out into the corridor, following Simon. He saw him approach the med-bay door, when suddenly Gerald heard a knock from the inside of the med-bay door and a voice called out "Who's there?"

Gerald nearly dropped his assault rifle.

Jesus. He rushed towards the door, and keyed it causing it to open and reveal a wounded mess of a man standing right there. He was covered in blood, and several dark bruises were scattered across his body. More were visible beneath the torn parts of his clothing.

"Jesus," Gerald said aloud, and started rushing the man back to a bed. "You need to lie down," he said softly, and then called to the group: "Get in here; this guy's worse than Harley!"
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Jackson ran over to the counter and slowly climbed over it. Damn this skin and it's nerves. He searched and eventually found a key card hidden under the counter attached to the top. Gee, I wonder where this goes? He picked up the pistol he had left and then climbed back over and ran over to the back room with the safe. Clearing a box off of it, he ran the card and it clicked open. Inside was about 10 gold bars and a box of shotgun shells. He grabbed the shells, loading two into the shotgun and pocketing the rest, and he picked up a gold bar with his left hand. Jackson barely felt any pain in his arm now, and he could lift the bar easily. Good... the anesthetic isn't going out on me this time. Let's kick some ass.

He ran out, shotgun hanging off his belt, pistol in his right, gold bar in his left, to see Preston finishing up with the baricades. Just as he stepped into the room, another staff alien, another with the machine gun and helmet, and one in a huge suit of armor stepped in. Ho-Lee Fuck
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

/* OOC Note: For the sake of continuity, per discussion, we are assuming that Marty has wandered off somewhere per effigy's suggestion and somehow, to be elaborated upon later, he and Joshua missed each other in the promenade. */

As she tenderly picked up her staff with her injured hand and prepared to drag the unconscious alien from the elevator, Summer heard Gerald shout from the med bay doors, "Get in here; this guy's worse than Harley!"

She brusquely handed her staff off to Harley, who still appeared as though he might collapse at any moment, and said bluntly "Hold this" as she bent to pull the alien from the elevator more quickly with her whole body weight. Catching her tone of voice, she added more politely, "you can use it like a crutch; just be careful of the tip."

Hefting the alien out of the elevator and dragging it toward the med bay by the collar of its armor, she shouted back to Gerald, "What are we supposed to do for him? Where's that doctor who was just here!?"
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Marathoner325
Cyborg

"Hold this," Summer instructed Harley as she handed the alien staff off to him. He reluctantly took it, and held it in one hand as he braced himself against a wall. Realizing how exhausted he really was, he nearly lost his balance and knelt down, leaving his rifle leaning his rifle leaning against a nearby crate. Being careful with the staff?he could feel the glowing heat of its head as he was holding it?he stood up and slowly staggered his way after the group, being sure to keep note of his rifle which he left in the hallway.
"What's going on?" he shouted, as Summer was busy hefting the charred alien to the med bay.
CryoS
Vidmaster

Simon quickly and harshly told Harley to keep quiet. "We dont want any unwanted attention. Keep your voices down and get in here."
He shelted his rifle and helped the inured man over to a gurney. "see if you can help the man Gerald." Once they all were inside, Simon asked Summer to help him move the large and unpractically blunt medical cabinet. Blocking the broken window from the wall to the door.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Summer dragged the unconscious alien inside the medical bay, scanned quickly for the most distant corner to stash it in (propping it seated upright again), and joined Simon in moving the medical cabinet. "I've only got the one good hand right now. What do you need me to do?"
CryoS
Vidmaster

"help me lean this partition against the other window, after that I'll manage the rest on my own."
The partition was just like the cabinet. Large, blunt and heavy. Perfect if one needs to barricade. Simon and Summer moved it, then leaning it against the window.
"Thanks for the help." Simon said, as he stacked some metal crates in the doorway. a large on in the bottom, with 2 small one on each side of the door, creating a small hole to shoot through. He pressed the door control and closed the door. and locked it as soon as it started pressing the crates to the floor.
"See if you can help Gerald and Harley, I'll keep guard."
Simon then dragged out a chair, sat down and lit a cigarette.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Summer coughed and scrunched her nose at Simon's smoking, growled a little beneath her breath, and stormed to the back of the room where the climate controls were. She smacked a few buttons on a touch screen, and the vent above the Simon opened to highly negative pressure, drawing his smoke trail up into it and out of the room. She coughed a little again in protest, and smiled smugly (as though to say "take that") at Simon, whose hair tossed a bit in the artificial breeze now surrounding him

She then turned to Harley and Gerald, and this teenaged "commando" who had been hiding inside the medical bay. She took her staff back from Harley, and putt her hand comfortingly on his back. In response to Simon's last instructions, she asked, "How am I supposed to help here? I'm not a doctor..." As an afterthought she added, "though, I'm probably closer to a doctor than any of you, so for that matter," and here she addressed Gerald directly, "what can you do?"
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Sep 28th '10, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Cyborg

"I can see he's bleeding in multiple places," Gerald said, not taking his eyes off the man in front of him. "We'll need to stop that. He's probably got internal bleeding, I think, but we can't really, uh, do anything about that.

"Other than that, it's in your proverbial court." Gerald inwardly winced at his poor attempt at humor.
Last edited by Paul on Sep 28th '10, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.
Wasabi
Born on Board

Preston heard Jackson coming. He turned around to greet him when he saw that Jackson looked shocked. He then saw the aliens that Jackson saw.
Holy shit
he grabbed his plasma pistol and aimed at the staff alien and fired. The plasma pistol produced a sphere of green and when it hit the alien it exploded leaving only the aliens legs and head. Preston had forgotten about the other two aliens and saw that the armored one was right beside him
Oh shit
The alien hit him sending him flying back and a grenade zoomed past were his head use to be.
Oh my god Preston thought just before he hit the ground unconscious.

(OOC: below in the blue is supposed to be Preston flashing back)
Preston heard Mary scream, he ran out of the bathroom to see an alien in a red robe hovering above the ground come into there room. What
Preston ran to his drawer and pulled out his magnum. He fired two bullets and the alien sparkled as the bullets hit. He fired the rest and the alien finally disappeared. He grabbed two more magazines and a box of bullets and loaded his current mag with bullets. "Come on" he told Mary. They ran and ran until they where out of breath. "We have to find a security officer." Preston told Mary
"Okay." she replied. Preston saw a set of stairs and told mary to stay where she was as he descended the stairs. at the bottom of the stairs he saw a security officer firing Bullets from an assault rifle at a group of aliens. Great Preston thought as he came in to help. suddenly the security officer fell over in a pool of blood. He grabbed his assault rifle and fired the remaining bullets at the remaining staff aliens. he toke two magazines from the officers body and told Mary it was safe at the bottom of the stairs. Mary saw a group of people in green jumpsuits. She ran over to them then all of them yelled
"HELP"
and exploded. Preston fell back from the big explosion and saw that Mary was gone. He turned around and saw an armored alien behind him. It blasted one plasma blast at him skimming his right side. He yelled in pain and fired bullets and grenades at the alien until it was dead. He ran to it to see if it had weapons but it had none. Tears stinging his eyes from his dead wife. He saw that more aliens were coming. He dropped his assault rifle knowing he couldn't fight them he ran. He fired bullets from his magnum hoping to hinder their pursuit. When he ran out of bullets he dropped his pistol and ran. When the aliens were out of sight he went into a utility closet to rest

(OOC:this is when my first post begins)
Last edited by Wasabi on Sep 29th '10, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
wasabi?
TectonInd
Mjolnir Mark IV

Next thing he knew, Joshua was on the bed, not sure whether or not he was drifting away from consciousness. All that he knew was that he was saved, more or less.

"THE MESS HALL!" Joshua yelled as he jumped up from his bed, grabbed his assault rifle, and leaped through the broken window, in a sudden unexplained burst in agility. It didn't last long, though; after not running more than a few yards, he fell and couldn't gather the strength to get up. So he began to crawl.
Last edited by TectonInd on Oct 6th '10, 22:13, edited 1 time in total.
Paul
Cyborg

Gerald was looking for anesthetic in the cabinet under the desk the mystery man was in. Come on, there have to be at least pain pills in here, he reasoned to himself with frustration. He tossed things out of the way and finally he saw a liquid filled bottle lined with words he didn't understand, save for the generic title "General Anesthetic".

Good enough. Gerald had reached back and was just about to grab the bottle when he heard the man yell something about a "Mess hall" and saw him jump up and leap over the partition to the next bed.

"Jesus!" Gerald yelled as the man landed on the floor. The man attempted to rise, fell again, and started crawling towards the next partition. Blood trailed behind where he was crawling. Gerald retracted his arm, nearly knocking the glass bottle over. He nimbly hopped over the partition and grabbed the man before he could crawl any further. He set the still man down on the bed and looked for the anesthetic bottle.

"Harley!" Gerald called, "Don't let this guy get up!" He hopped back over the partition, looked in the cabinet, and fumbled with the bottle of anesthetic. He opened drawer after drawer, looking for syringes. He literally pulled them all the way out, dropping them on the floor. He didn't mind. The wounded man's pained struggles chilled him to the core, and he wanted to end them as soon as possible.

Finally, he found the needles. He grabbed one and looked on the side of the anesthetic bottle's label for generic amounts. He didn't find any. Instead, he simply opened the bottle, stuck the syringe in, and pulled back until it was about halfway full. Not wanting to chance dropping the needle, he ran around the partition this time, drew back, and was about to inject the man when he stopped.

He didn't know how to do this. He relaxed his arm and slumped against the wall, his mind racing but finding no conclusion. Finally he gave up and leaned against the wall for what felt like an eternity. Almost as an afterthought, he called Summer's name in a quiet voice consistent with the effects of shock.

"Summer?" he said again, almost as a child. "I need some help."
Marathoner325
Cyborg

"Harley!" Gerald shouted, "Don't let this guy up!"
Harley quickly turned towards the collapsed man on the bed and attempted to restrain him, looking back to Gerald who was now leaning against the wall with a syringe in his hand.
"Summer? I need some help." Gerald had said, in what sounded almost like a whimper.
Harley looked back down the the man underneath him, who was still fighting back with extreme force against Harley, or it may have just felt that way because of Harley's tired and weak body.

Harley looked back at Gerald, who was still just bracing himself against the wall, waiting for Summer to come.
"Gerald! What the hell are you doing?!" Harley shouted, suddenly angry that he had been left alone to struggle with this injured man for what had now felt like hours.
Last edited by Marathoner325 on Oct 7th '10, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.
TectonInd
Mjolnir Mark IV

Joshua struggled with all his might for a moment, then stopped. "Please, you have to listen to me," Joshua said in a desperate, almost pathetic voice. "The mess hall... In the mess hall..." Joshua felt himself slipping away from consciousness. Should he struggle? His senses were slipping away from him. Then, all of a sudden, his eyes closed.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

His right shoulder jerked itself upwards, and the left mimicked it. The soft tingle of goose bumps on the back of Marty's neck caused his head to jerk left to right. He opened his eyes just wide enough to notice the grip on his glass was failing. "Huh?!" The lounge was easy to recognize, as was the arm of his favorite chair. "No rest for the weary-er...wicked...er...best be off," slipped his voice through a feigned smile in the mirror behind the bar.

Pant legs straightened, and coat adjusted, Dr. MacLeary set off down the corridor towards the elevator, dismissing the backpack heaped on the floor near the door of the maintenance closet.

"I'd be well to carry some wide spec antibiotics, in addition to these bandages, etc." he thought. Marty increased distance between his wrist and the sleeve of his coat as he approached the Med Bay. 34781 lit up the access panel in speed that can only be measured by routine. To his bewilderment the door only opened about 5 cm and closed abruptly. "Umm..not routine. Curious," he thought, noticing glass once part of the window neighboring the door.

"Well, I guess I'll take the long way." Marty headed back towards lounge for another drink intent on using the vent shaft to regain access to the Med Bay.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

"THE MESS HALL!" the injured boy shouted, before diving from his prone position onto the med bay floor.

"Jesus!" Summer shouted, in sync with Gerald's likewise remark, as she slid a step backward and raised her hands defensively. She watched, startled and confused and not sure what she should do, as Gerald and then Harley struggled with the boy, who showed surprising vitality despite his apparent injuries.

As they scuffled, Summer noticed the door to their med bay attempt to open, only to be stopped by Simon's barricade. Expecting trouble, she ran to Simon's side and let the others deal with the crazy kid. She ran to the window she and Simon had barricaded, and pried the partition away from it just far enough to peek cautiously outside. She vaguely thought she heard someone calling to her from inside the med bay, but her attention was too focused outside to notice who or what he was saying.

Peering through the window, she saw a humanoid figure moving away from the door, back toward the promenade. She quickly let the partition drop back against the window, and recoiled with her back against the wall, heart racing, having momentarily perceived only what she had expected: more aliens. But less than a second afterward, actually processing her vision, she realized that aliens don't wear clothes like that. A puzzled look briefly flashed across her face as she mouthed the world "...wait...", followed quickly by excited recognition. Though she had only seen it for a moment, she was certain that was the outfit of a UESC medical officer.

"It's the doctor!" she exclaimed. "Right outside!"
Paul
Cyborg

"-right outside!"

Gerald's perception was brought into sharp focus as he heard the revelation. He looked and saw a bit of a UESC medical crewman uniform showing through the crack of the door.

"Hell," Gerald said to no one in particular. "I wasn't looking forward to injecting this guy."

He then looked to Harley, who wore a pained and angry expression. He realized he had zoned out while Harley had been fighting the kid. He looked away again in shame and defensiveness.

"Sorry," he said without looking. In another attempt to make amends, he snorted a laugh and added "At least you don't have to fight him anymore." Gerald was so caught up in his shame that he forgot the condition Harley was in. He didn't say anything, though, seeing as he was already embarrassed enough.
Last edited by Paul on Oct 7th '10, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
CryoS
Vidmaster

"Hey you!" Simon shouted out the door, "in the shadows, get over here!"
Awaiting answer, Simon checked the perimeter for any hostilities.
"Be quick!"
Last edited by CryoS on Oct 9th '10, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

"Unlock the door!" Summer said, in a tone that almost implied a '-stupid!' should follow that. "He wouldn't just be meandering around outside if there were aliens out there!"

(The science fiction fan in her briefly though, unless the aliens have infiltration troops made to look like humans... but she quickly dismissed that thought).
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Oct 9th '10, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.
CryoS
Vidmaster

Simon slided the larger crate in an angle towards him, leaving a small path to enter. And also opened the door.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

A voice bellowed: "Hey you! in the shadows, get over here!"

Marty stopped dead in his tracks, and put his back against the wall.

"Be Quick"

"Hello?!?" He shouted back, in a cautious tone. "Uh..I'm a bit confused here," Marty said, approaching the Med bay. "What are you doing in my Med Bay?"
Last edited by effigy on Oct 9th '10, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
Marathoner325
Cyborg

"What are you doing in my Med Bay?" Harley heard a man ask from the Med Bay entrance.
Stepping forward, and keeping on hand close to his Magnum sidearm, he said to the shady man, "We have a few injuries?we came here in hopes of finding some medical supplies or something that might help us."
Although Harley's view of man was obscured by the darkness of the room, Harley noticed his Medical Department coat.
Taking his hand away from his firearm, Harley asked him, "You're a doctor?"
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

"Yes, I'm Dr. MacLearly. I was wandering a bit....searching for anyone that might need some medical attention," Marty said, attempting to redirect his scotch soaked breathe.