Escape From the Marathon

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Paul
Cyborg

"...Searching for anyone that might need medical attention."

Despite himself, Gerald chuckled at the futility of the man's well-being. Despite being here, in need of medical attention, Gerald had to admit that if he was the doctor, and no one else had gotten to the med-bay by now, he'd have just gotten the hell out of there, reasoning that no one was making it that far.

Gerald checked his anger and his cynicism. Here was a doctor, exactly what they needed, and here he was laughing at his good intentions.

He shrugged his shoulder and called to the doctor. "Well, you can start over here. We've found a guy who's in terrible condition, and he's unconscious." He nodded to Harley, and added, "And this one's missing an ear." He shrugged again. "The rest of us are good enough, I guess."
Dugit
Vidmaster

The youth staggered down the medbay-access hallway. His milky eyes darted, looking for some shady contact in the dark damask. He was clutching his stomach; his lips dripping with blood and tainted spittle, his nose black, red and purple, spitting pellets of dried blood when he coughed. His skin had long lost any real color that hadn't anything to do with a wound. He recognized that he was still someone, and in order to stay so, he needed to get better. Fast.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
Marathoner325
Cyborg

"And this one's missing an ear," Gerald said, nodding to Harley.
Remembering his wound, Harley felt for his damaged ear, its soaked bandage almost coming off.
"The rest of us are good enough, I guess," Gerald added. Harley turned back to Gerald and said "But Summer also has that wounded alien?" Harley paused suddenly, looking down at the spare MA-72 Clips on his belt and realized, My rifle's still outside...
"Uh- I... I have to go?I left something in the hallway," he said awkwardly, and turned around without waiting for Gerald's response. As he walked to the other side of the Medical Bay, he saw Simon had been busy barricading the doorway heavily. Frustrated, although he knew he was the one at fault, he shouted, "Move that barricade?I have to get outside!"
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

"But Summer also has that wounded alien?"

"Wounded alien?" he thought.

"Uh- I... I have to go?I left something in the hallway,"

"Show me to the unconscious fellow, please."
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
Paul
Cyborg

"He's here," Gerald said, pointing to next to where Harley had been sitting. He didn't really put much thought into where Harley was going because of the state of semi-shock he was in.

"We found him here," Gerald paused to lubricate his dry throat, "and he fought us. I nearly had to inject him with this," he held up the anesthetic-holding needle, "but I'm glad you came along when you did."

The needle was sweaty and nearly slipped out of Gerald's grip. He set it down, and pulled his assault rifle up onto his lap. He cradled it, as he looked up to the doctor, whose name he'd missed.. He realized he hadn't properly greeted the man- well, he hadn't greeted him at all.

"By the way, I'm Gerald Perkins," he said almost automatically. He sighed, and without looking up, added, "You know, we really needed you." He sighed, leaned back against the cabinet next to him, and closed his eyes. The shock was wearing off, and the exhaustion had returned...
Last edited by Paul on Dec 12th '10, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

As the doctor entered the med bay, Simon and Gerald quickly explained their situation, and Harley inexplicably ran outside, Summer kept trying to introduce herself and ask for the equipment she needed, but between everybody else swarming the doctor she could barely get a word in edgewise.

Finally, as Gerald introduced a pause into the conversation to formally introduce himself, Summer managed to force herself into the conversation. Extending a hand to shake toward the doctor, between him and Gerald, she stated her official title: "Doctor Dawn." Realizing the possibility of confusion, she quickly added, "uh, Ph.D.", retracting her hand awkwardly before MacLeary could have a chance to shake it. Realizing the ambiguity of that addendum, she quickly added further "Xenobiology." And then, wondering why she was bothering with her title in the first place, she even more awkwardly and somewhat dumbly spat out with a forced smile "I'm Summer!" and re-extended the hand to shake; her still nasty-looking, swollen purple right hand, with a jagged gash of alien tooth-marks in it.
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Oct 10th '10, 03:15, edited 1 time in total.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Jackson watched as the small battle unfolded between Preston and his antagonists. As Preston flew towards the wall, Jackson lifted the pistol and emptied the clip. One bullet caught the rifle, one caught the arm, and the final bullet penetrated the helmet. The alien fell back, it's body limp, and the suit of armor started to walk towards Preston. He's gonna finish the job he started... Jackson dropped the pistol and ran towards his metallic foe. He jumped and pulled his shotgun out of his belt, slamming the gold bar into it's head. The bar bent around it, allowing him to pull himself up onto the alien and hold on as it spun around, attempting to disengage it's enemy. He stuck the barrels of the shotgun into the base of it's neck, angled upward. "Yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker."

The blast flung Jackson back, and he landed one a pile of bread loaves. His arm and leg went numb, and it wasn't until he tried to get up that he realized that his left side was paralyzed. Damn this arm and leg. I'd be better off without them! He lifted his head and looked at the scene. The suit of armor had exploded from the inside, and bits of gore were everywhere. Some kind of anti-theft for technology? He looked out the hole in the makeshift door. The stores were all generic, for the most part, but one store in particular caught his eye.

Electronics Emporium

That's where I'm headed.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Oct 16th '10, 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Wasabi
Born on Board

Preston awake to the sight of a huge glob of green liquid.
What the fuck
he tried to get up but went back down
"ahh" he moaned as he examined his legs. His Right was okay but not his left, it was bleeding showing a dark red circle in his pants
were is Jackson he thought
he looked around but there was no sign of him. Then he saw a sign that said Electronics emporium
Preston then remembered Jackson had a mechanical arm. So he got up and limped there. once he was inside he yelled
" Jackson, are you in here?!"
wasabi?
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Jackson scanned the hallway. Besides the bloody, gorey mess of bodies scattered everywhere-- mostly human, of course-- there were various bits of attacked-ship debris. A few large chunks of metal littered the floor, decorated with spatters of blood-- again, mostly human. The strangest part, however-- or at least the strangest to Jackson-- was the complete absence of alien life. Where the hell are they? He did another scan of his surroundings, and traversed the hall, crawling across with his two good limbs. After 15 minutes of gruelling work, he arrived at his destination.

Electronics Emporium

He crawled under the counter's turnstop and searched the shelving. After sorting the cables, he found exactly what he needed. Jumper cables! Please God, work! He plugged the black into his calf, just below where the muscle would be, and the red into his ankle. He pressed a small button on the inside of his ankle.

BZZT!

His whole body tingled, and he stood up. "Fuck yeah," he said to himself.
"Jackson, are you in here?" Preston called.
Damn, I forgot about Preston for a moment there. "Yeah man, I just jumped my leg. Now I just-" An explosion interupted him mid-sentence, an explosion that originated from behind Preston. "Preston, look out! Get back here!"
D?rovací tvá?í.
Wasabi
Born on Board

"FUCK!" Preston yelled as he ran to cover and toke out his plasma pistol and waited for the smoke to clear.
"What weapons do you have!" Preston yelled to Jackson as he waited for the smoke to clear showing two staff wielders and a machine gun alien. "We got two staff wielders and a machine gun alien!" Preston yelled to Jackson.
wasabi?
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Jackson grabbed the shotgun shells in his pocket. "I've got a bunch of shells, and..." His voice died off as he looked at his left hand.
"What is it?" Preston asked.
"The shotgun is welded to my hand. The anesthetic did it's job too well, I didn't even notice... You'll have to cover me while I jump my arm. Or you have to fire the shotgun for me, by lifting up my arm to aim and pushing back my finger to shoot. You decide, I'm kinda helpless in this situation."
D?rovací tvá?í.
Wasabi
Born on Board

"You go jump your arm." Preston replied "I don't want both of us in danger while were shooting one gun"
Preston then left cover and fired a plasma blast at the middle of the group, the trooper. But the trooper rolled out of the way and fired a quick blast of bullets at him but he went back into cover.
"Hurry up Jackson I can't keep them at bay for long!" Preston yelled to Jackson
wasabi?
Dugit
Vidmaster

The youth, his eyes dark yellow and speckled with red, saw the faint, shrill glow and sound of nearby gunfire. He padded along cautiously, clutching his abdomen and squeezing hard for the cyclical agony. He heard yells, and darted his face to the left. He padded up towards a stack of metallic crates, and sat quivering with his eyes only just emerging above the plane of the lowest crate to allow him a view. He quietly spat at the floor now and then, taking a long second to eye the black, viscous pus he had just exuded. He turned back, hating the look of it that still haunted his vision. He clutched his chest again.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

"Fuck! Dammit!" Jackson was struggling to get the black end in his wrist (where one might find a pulse, were there an artery that flowed there). His hand was shaking. I've never been good under pressure... He finally jammed it in, almost bending a metal bar within. The red only took him a second, but once he had it in, he couldn't hit the button. Frustrated, he slammed the side of his wrist against the counter, pushing the button enough to jump.

BZZT!

"Fuck yeah!" He shouted and stood up.

The staff aliens were standing inches from his face, ready to climb over to attack.

They stared at Jackson for a second.

Jackson stared back.

The machine gunner was the first to react. It rose it's machine gun and opened fire. The staff aliens didn't have a chance. The bullets tore them apart, and blood spattered all over Jackson. He ducked just in time for the two bodies to fall over and the entire rest of the clip was emptied over his head. He grabbed the top of the counter to vault over, planning to charge the alien as it reloaded.

The shotgun fired as his unusually heavy hand slammed onto the counter. There was an inhuman cry and Jackson inched his face up.

The alien's helmet took almost the entire shell. There was a massive hole in the front and back of it's helmet and there was alien gore everywhere.

"Well, fuck."
D?rovací tvá?í.
Dugit
Vidmaster

The youth saw the machine gun-wielding alien collapse heavily on its back, twitching its arms and legs subtly. The youth stood up, and saw the large hole in the trooper's visor, blood pooling slowly underneath the dead creature. The pale limbs soon stopped twitching as the blood stopped pooling.

Wasabi
Born on Board

"...Shit." Preston mumbled as he searched the bodies he found two plasma packs for his plasma pistol and tried to pick up the machine gunners gun but it was to heavy and hard to hold.
"Jackson..." Preston croaked as he crouched down "My left leg is injured, and I don't think that first aid kit will do the trick. We need to get to the med bay." he finished
Last edited by Wasabi on Oct 19th '10, 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
wasabi?
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

"I agree. I don't think this shotgun is separating from my flesh any time soon, either."
D?rovací tvá?í.
Wasabi
Born on Board

'Okay we better get moving th-" Preston cut himself off as he saw the young alien stand up "Jackson do you see that!?" Preston said as he pointed at it. "What the fuck is that!?"
wasabi?
Dugit
Vidmaster

The barely human youth quickly eyed himself before allowing his vision to fall on his discoverer. The youth felt embarrassed at having only blood-stained rags as clothes, and a face ruined by illness, the eyes turned a golden color and the nose crushed and purpled. His skin was equally pitifully repulsive. It was a darkening yellow color, criss-crossed with hemorrhaging capillaries and long black bruises. He clutched his stomach in another pulse of agony, and stood up fully to greet his discoverer. He cleared his throat, dribbling somewhat.

"My name is..." the youth trailed off, "my name is..." again the youth trailed off, a red-tainted tear forming in his left eye. "My... name... is..."- the youth began to cry-"...my... name... is... I... I don't... know anymore". And with that, the youth fell painfully to his knees, and wept for the end of his childhood. His cries filled and echoed through the dark, empty corridors of the dying Marathon.

tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

"Holy shit..."

The thing in front of Jackson and Preston, it almost seemed human... but it couldn't be... could it? And then it spoke. And then it began to sob.

"Oh my God... Preston, I think it needs to see a med bay. And since we just so happen to be going to one... What do you think?"
D?rovací tvá?í.
Wasabi
Born on Board

Preston thought for a moment and then said "Fine,lets get moving." he walked over to the alien/human and gave a hand to help it up "It's umm... it's going to be okay. he tried to say.
wasabi?
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhorrest wrote:...
she even more awkwardly and somewhat dumbly spat out with a forced smile "I'm Summer!" and re-extended the hand to shake; her still nasty-looking, swollen purple right hand, with a jagged gash of alien tooth-marks in it.
"Greetings, ma'am," he said with a faux smile. He would have reached out to receive her eager greeting, but before he could react to that he noticed her gnarly injures on the hand approximately 3.5 feet away. "Pardon me, but I think you'll regret my squeezing that."
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

"Oh! Right..." Summer replied. "Thanks for noticing. I uh, maybe need some stitches later, when you're done with these guys." Abruptly switching subjects without a segue, she rapidly inquired "Do you have a protein sequencer I could use? I'm dying of two alien diseases and need to engineer cures for them before I lose all function in my hands." She cracked a nervous half-smile showing a mix of pride (that she could do such a thing) and desperation (that she needs to).
Last edited by Pfhorrest on Oct 24th '10, 21:09, edited 1 time in total.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

"Uh..." confused, but in no mood to argue "Ofcourse. It's in the back." Marty said pointing towards its general location. "We should have any analyzing equipment you might need there aswell. Um, have fun."

"Gerald, was your name? Would you please help me get this guy on the table so I can check his vitals?"
Paul
Cyborg

"...Gerald, was your..."

Gerald jerked himself up. His head was aching from being hung at an odd angle, and a bit of drool lined his lower lip and threatened to dribble onto his jumpsuit. He wiped it off with a casual, clumsy wipe of the sleeve.

"Yeah, yeah," he paused to pop his aching neck joints, "I'm Gerald." He turned to see who the doctor whose name he hadn't remembered pointing towards the mystery man, and remembered vaguely being asked to help move him to the table. "Alright," he added uncertainly.

"Let's pick him up on the count of three," he said as he walked up to the man. A small but still dangerously noticeable puddle of blood had started to pool below him. Shit.

He looked to the doctor, and said "Ready? One, two, three!"