Portal Of Sigma

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Truper
Born on Board

While digging around on fileball the other day I downloaded Portal of Sigma. I played it for a little while and needless to say it's not a bad scenario at all. Some of the level design is really neat and the architecture is up there with tempus irae in my book. The combat's kind of stale but that could've been tweaked.

This leads me to my next question: Why did work on the scenario cease? I know there was some issue about simon giving away shapes that weren't his to Ryoko (hence why the pistol and machine guns in Apotheosis and Gray Incident/Phoenix are the same) but was the backlash really enough to cause him to leave his scenario? Portal of Sigma could've been great. And did this lead to the demise of Apotheosis?

I know, I know, the new guy has a million questions but I'm interested in what went on before I joined the pfhorums as well as dead scenarios.
The Over-Evaluator
Drictelt
Vidmaster

As far as I know, Simon first ceased the work on Sigma, then passed on his pistol to Ryoko.
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
irons
Vidmaster

Note the first reply to that message.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
treellama
Vidmaster

Wow, how did D.M.A. set me off there?

There must be something in another thread, but I'm too lazy to search for it.
Last edited by treellama on Feb 25th '11, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
Truper
Born on Board

Drictelt wrote:As far as I know, Simon first ceased the work on Sigma, then passed on his pistol to Ryoko.
I don't know Drictelt, it looks to me as if Simon bailed after getting an earful from Ryoko. Not that I'm saying it was anyone's fault other then Simon's, He should have gotten permission to use those shapes and textures, cited his sources, and essentially not stolen from other people. This explains why there was music in TGI at one point.

it's a crying shame that Portal of Sigma died out, it could've been great.

Now that that's all worked out, is anyone working on Return to Marathon?
The Over-Evaluator
Truper
Born on Board

There must be something in another thread, but I'm too lazy to search for it.
How humerous [MSmile] . Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not all too familiar with the contents of the Pfhorums and this episode certainly predates my activity in the community. However, next time I will look harder.
The Over-Evaluator
treellama
Vidmaster

Truper wrote:arm bone
I wasn't being sarcastic--my statement was directly related to the comment about D.M.A. There's no way you could be expected to know what happened to PoS without asking.
Marathoner325
Cyborg

Truper wrote:Now that that's all worked out, is anyone working on Return to Marathon?
No, Claude stopped working on it a while ago.
If you're interested, the last I remember hearing about its status is here- http://forums.bungie.org/story/?noframes;read=56091
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wow, drama from the past.

I wish people would try to steal my work...
Truper
Born on Board

No, Claude stopped working on it a while ago.
Ah well, only the good die young.
The Over-Evaluator
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

:/
Last edited by Dis on Feb 26th '11, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

Kurinn wrote:Wow, drama from the past.

I wish people would try to steal my work...
Maybe you should have thought about that before you gave people a free license to use it anywhere...
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dis wrote:Maybe you should have thought about that before you gave people a free license to use it anywhere...
As long as they acknowledge where it came from, which seems to be the key sticking factor here. I'm glad we post so much of what we do to the thread, because it makes it that much easier to see who did what when. It will help down the road, I think. Definitely will help prevent me from making the kind of mistakes that get people strung up by angry artists.
CryoS
Vidmaster

Kurinn wrote:I wish people would try to steal my work...
Dont worry, I already did.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

CryoS wrote:Dont worry, I already did.
Just doesn't feel the same if you're doing such a good job creating content for the project, though. You ought to steal harder!
Horkeldorf
Cyborg

Kurinn wrote:I wish people would try to steal my work...
Time for me to start Mrs. Project DX