Lh'owon's Sun and the W'rkncacnter

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Yrro7

I was just thinking, if the W'rkncacnter are as powerfull as it is claimed, would the gravity of Lh'owon's sun really be enough to contain them or is the Yrro Station providing an influence as well, maybe the sun is a representation of a prison taking the form of a sun. Also considering that W'rkncacnter tend to distort reality throughout the space they occupy, should the Lh'owon system by a far more crazy place, just a thought, theories would be welcome.
irons

Maybe the W'rkncacnter was "knocked out" or subdued and put into the sun (sort of like how the alien god in Pathways Into Darkness was unconcious) and the energy expended by the Trih'xeem (spelling?) that destroyed the sun gave it the kick it needed to awaken. I'm sure the Jjaro (Yrro) station had something to do with it, as well.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

My opinion... is that why in the hell would Bungie extend THAT branch of the story?

Personally I think Inifinity was supposed to take place on Earth.
tozero

Localized quasi-omnipotent, intelligent distortion of space and time versus the gravity well of a dying star? Who will win!? It's all going down friday, Friday, FRIDAY!!! Be sure to get your tickets WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Seriously though, gravity sucks. Get it? Got it? Good.

Halo could take place on Earth. Marathon? I don't think so. With the way the story was going, even from M1 itself, to place the story on Earth would have ignored pretty much everything that had transpired up to that point, including many of the more subtle threads of the story, like the player's identity, Durandal's progression through (insanity?) and such. Either that or it would cut them off with simplistic conclusions. Not to mention the problem of explaining how he ended up going all the way back to Sol, and inventing new cliches for that setting.

At some point, you have to realize that the Marathon story never had anything to do with fighting the Pf'hor or saving the Earth. It relies on those as vehicles, but the purpose runs a bit deeper than that.
shongshong
Vidmaster

MoppyPuppy wrote: My opinion... is that why in the hell would Bungie extend THAT branch of the story?

Personally I think Inifinity was supposed to take place on Earth.
well thats a stupid arguement! , in that case! I wish 'Bungie' would of elaborated more about the jjaro.
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

I think that maybe Wrkn'canter are Jjarro who went rampant. I mean, if AI's, with only limited power and intelligence go rampant, than probably the Jjarro go really rampant too, and only those with self control wouldn't become Wrkn'canter. After they were rampant, they would become semi-omnipotent. And in M2 it says the Yrro and P'thia fled all Wrkn'canter, which suggests that they came from the same place of Wrkn'canter. Maybe when the Wrkn'canter came, they didn't kill P'thia, rather they got her to become rampant. This would really anger Yrro (it would take a lot to anger something as powerful as a Jjarro) and so he flung them all into the sun and built a station to help keep them there. Actually, maybe he just flung a bunch of other stars into the sun, made a black hole and then kept the outside stable with the station, so the S'pht wouldn't die. And after that maybe the station started running out of power, and the sun got stronger and that's why Lh'owon has no marshes any more.

Tozero's right; comic sans rules.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
ChauSara

The W'rkncacnter is a beast, apparently. How could an AI transform into a beast, no matter how advance?

And Yrro probably used the technology to wrap Lh'owon's sun with a containment field, so the W'rkncacnter couldn't escape.
Diomedes

In response to the original post, the Lh'owon system is already a pretty crazy place! One of the moons is missing, and Lh'owon itself is not so much a planet as a gigantic artificial intelligence network. I don't think that was what you meant by "crazy", though. We aren't really given much information about the sun of the Lh'owon system, so I guess we have to rely on guesswork.
Also, we already know the reason that Lh'owon has no more marshes:

High above K'lia refused to see the carnage
upon Lh'owon.
She fled to the farthest reach, leaving the
sacred marsh dry from the falling tides.
As the water receded, the red sand of the
dead, spread across Lh'owon.
-(Eat It, Vid Boi! terminal 2)
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

wow was i ever wrong

But Billy is no more.
Was H2S04.
Homocidal Ham
Cyborg

I have a pretty good idea how to explain what all of this stuff means and I think I know what the W'rkncanter and the creature from PID is but It is too vital of a part to the covenant's story to let you people know
"I often think about poor old bill, and how hard he was to saw."
Peachey

Damm, I have to speed up my Marathon Playing. Im only a few levels into Marathon 2 at the moment :P

Infinity sounds interesting.
Coraxus
Cyborg

Diomedes wrote:Also, we already know the reason that Lh'owon has no more marshes:

High above K'lia refused to see the carnage
upon Lh'owon.
She fled to the farthest reach, leaving the
sacred marsh dry from the falling tides.
As the water receded, the red sand of the
dead, spread across Lh'owon.
-(Eat It, Vid Boi! terminal 2)
That's strange, that's not what I read in that terminal, maybe the idea is the same but interpreted a bit different:
When once S'Pht fought in brutal combat,
when hatred burned the tissues of one's
enemy, one clan, the S'Pht'Kr, reclusive
and solitary, abandoned Lh'owon.

The clan went forth and up, stopping at
K'lia the third sister moon of Lh'owon, to
build a new home, free from their warring
brothers.

For a thousand and one orbits, the clan was
forgotten, a memory lost upon the
battlefield smoke, until the all powerful
Yrro sent K'lia out into the stars.
Yes, I know it was gravedigging but I couldn't help find out if there was ever a secret terminal that I had missed all this time or not.
oteito
Vidmaster

[MUp]
xyfbzi wrote: I think that maybe Wrkn'canter are Jjarro who went rampant. I mean, if AI's, with only limited power and intelligence go rampant, than probably the Jjarro go really rampant too, and only those with self control wouldn't become Wrkn'canter. After they were rampant, they would become semi-omnipotent. And in M2 it says the Yrro and P'thia fled all Wrkn'canter, which suggests that they came from the same place of Wrkn'canter. Maybe when the Wrkn'canter came, they didn't kill P'thia, rather they got her to become rampant. This would really anger Yrro (it would take a lot to anger something as powerful as a Jjarro) and so he flung them all into the sun and built a station to help keep them there. Actually, maybe he just flung a bunch of other stars into the sun, made a black hole and then kept the outside stable with the station, so the S'pht wouldn't die. And after that maybe the station started running out of power, and the sun got stronger and that's why Lh'owon has no marshes any more.

Tozero's right; comic sans rules.

but the W'rkncacnter or however it's spelled, was messing with realities that somehow just appeared in the middle of the Jjaro and the P'thia, that's a flaw in your thesis
LOL
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster

GA Episode 7 Second Season.
I picture the Wrkcacnter as something like that.

Ominous music, Dark voice too.
"Months maybe Years from now, I may regret this post."

Whatever. Well heres the gist of it, 5 angels they kill this psycotic bio weapon capable of destroying whole galaxies. Then they figure out they didn't really kill it and it only got stronger, then it continues killing everything, ----lazy lets just ignore it and go have fun punch line ensues.

Then it ends, yay!
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

O.T.E. wrote: but the W'rkncacnter or however it's spelled, was messing with realities that somehow just appeared in the middle of the Jjaro and the P'thia, that's a flaw in your thesis
i don't get what you're saying. That the wrkncacnter just appeared there? if that's the problem, then that wouldn't matter because since the Wrkncacnter is chaotic, presumably the laws of physics and the universe wouldn't apply to it.

But Billy is no more.
Was H2S04.
Homocidal Ham
Cyborg

do you know what?

stargate's plot seems to get closer to marathon's by the second

I mean look: alien slavers= parasites that enslave humans, enemies have staff weapons, two groups of omnipotent beings duking it out, an ancient and extremely advanced society that accended to a higher state of existence millions of years ago

and guess what: the movie may have come out before the game but the seires came out a little bit after M infinity.
Last edited by Homocidal Ham on Jul 27th '06, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
"I often think about poor old bill, and how hard he was to saw."
oteito
Vidmaster

xyfbzi wrote: i don't get what you're saying. That the wrkncacnter just appeared there? if that's the problem, then that wouldn't matter because since the Wrkncacnter is chaotic, presumably the laws of physics and the universe wouldn't apply to it.
dude, now i'm the one who doesn't get what you are saying [MOh]
LOL
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

the wrkncacnter is chaos, right? chaos is the opposite of order. the laws of the universe are order. if the wrkncacnter is the opposite of that, then the laws wouldn'y apply to it and it could randomly do stuff,( like have matter disappear and reappear randomly, go FTL, etc.)

But Billy is no more.
Was H2S04.
oteito
Vidmaster

xyfbzi wrote: the wrkncacnter is chaos, right? chaos is the opposite of order. the laws of the universe are order. if the wrkncacnter is the opposite of that, then the laws wouldn'y apply to it and it could randomly do stuff,( like have matter disappear and reappear randomly, go FTL, etc.)
... ok i get it i think i don't get the connection between your post and mine but yeah [MUp]
LOL
P-System

It ties in with the Choas Theroy? Possibly it bends that or not. If the beast could bend it then why did it allow its self to be flung into a sun? To me its a complex theroy and only bungie knows? I wonder when the day will come to the point where we know all of Marathons secrets? Then again marathon would be boring without secrets? [MSmile]
oteito
Vidmaster

P-System wrote: It ties in with the Choas Theroy? Possibly it bends that or not. If the beast could bend it then why did it allow its self to be flung into a sun? To me its a complex theroy and only bungie knows? I wonder when the day will come to the point where we know all of Marathons secrets? Then again marathon would be boring without secrets? [MSmile]
maybe the Jjaro managed to predict it's behavior (like durandal when he said he could predict the movements of the atoms in a cloud [that is an exemple of chaos theory]) the they stunned it, and flug him into a sun, but the bastard survived [MWuh]
LOL
P-System

Possibly? I still wonder if the Dreaming Alien is the W'rkncacnter how did it get on earth?
oteito
Vidmaster

P-System wrote: Possibly? I still wonder if the Dreaming Alien is the W'rkncacnter how did it get on earth?
it must be, can't be a Jjaro because they aren't inmortals, they can die (tired, when they could advance no further, exterminated themselves in war) the alien god is depicted as inmortal.
(...it was then this (god?) went as close to death as these things can and roared the space without destiny until it stroke Earth in the Yucatan peninsula. The rock melted and cocooned the alien god) the w'rcankter cannot die, so it's more likely to be one and striking earth could be mere coincidence. and another thing that can reveal that alien god as a w'rkncancter is the extreme interest of the Jjaro in that god, to destroy it and bla, bla [MGross] [spnkr]
LOL
P-System

Could you sum that up please. [MLaugh]
oteito
Vidmaster

P-System wrote: Could you sum that up please. [MLaugh]
'kay.... Jjaro: not inmortals W'Krcacnter: inmortal bitch. the alien god "got as close to death as these things can" so must be a W'krcacnter
LOL