Weland

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Aw, I was hoping for seting layers like in obed.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

W wrote:So you don't connect a line to an existing point when you really wanted to create a new point at the same spot? I always had points hidden in forge. It also is really distracting when there are a ton of points around where you are trying to draw your geometry.
Yes, that is what I meant. I used that feature in Forge regularly.

i.e.:
[attachment=3324:2009_11_22_220907.jpg]
Attachments
2009_11_22_220907.jpg
2009_11_22_220907.jpg (199.08 KiB) Viewed 7821 times
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
Kidtofu
Cyborg

Can't seem to use for some reason. Just crashes.....

System: Windows Vista 64-Bit
En Taro Adun,
Executor.

Im dead, man!
Dugit
Vidmaster

Have you got the MonoFramework package? It needs that to run. I think it's a Java application.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

Aslyum Beast wrote:Can't seem to use for some reason. Just crashes.....

System: Windows Vista 64-Bit
I dint need teh mono framework i don't think. Once TL included Corflags or whatever it was, it worked for me on my laptop.
D?rovací tvá?í.
treellama
Vidmaster

Weland 1.1 is now on SourceForge.

Changes:Tooltips from effigyAllow editing player spawn teamsWhen a teleporter is selected, show the destination in green. Right-clicking sets a new destinationDon't crash if there are annotations in polygon -1Don't crash while filling polygons that end up not being visibleLayer presets for remembering view heights; F1-F6 are shortcutsA preferences window with checkboxes for line smoothing and show hidden vertices; customizable colors; and sliders for select, object, and inertia distancesDisplay files without extensions when "All files" is selected
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Could you use a bevely circle type thing for item rotation? i dont know how southeast 90 degrees is.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
Dugit
Vidmaster

You don't need to know. The icon spins whilst you change its direction to show you.

Good job, Treellama
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Nice! but for water directions... ehh

Note: Paving a map without anything to pave (fully textured) causes it to crash! Just now lost all the work i had done with weapon placement for the map for the new gametype!

Edit: The saving mechanisim should be different. it should save everything you do as you do it, but then if you dont want to save, it discards it and keeps the original. clicking save would keep everything youve done... well i guess there would be no reason to even have a save button...

You should do it backwards because of the random glitches.
Last edited by envy on Nov 30th '09, 03:36, edited 1 time in total.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

I've not run into this ever. Maybe it has to do with the new code?
D?rovací tvá?í.
treellama
Vidmaster

I have paved fully textured maps before just fine. You will need to be more specific.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

no i actually havent updated yet. maybe it was fixed.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Are there any other dependencies for Weland outside of the Mono package when trying to build it from source? I've been trying to work with Effigy on compiling it with OS X 10.6(Intel)/10.5(PPC) but I'm not having much luck.

Running: gmcs @weland.rsp

Produces: error CS8027: Couldn't run pkg-config: ApplicationName='pkg-config', CommandLine='--libs gtk-sharp-2.0', CurrentDirectory=''

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
treellama
Vidmaster

Lh wrote:Are there any other dependencies for Weland outside of the Mono package when trying to build it from source? I've been trying to work with Effigy on compiling it with OS X 10.6(Intel)/10.5(PPC) but I'm not having much luck.

Running: gmcs @weland.rsp

Produces: error CS8027: Couldn't run pkg-config: ApplicationName='pkg-config', CommandLine='--libs gtk-sharp-2.0', CurrentDirectory=''

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Mono is all you need. This sounds condescending, but I'll ask anyway: is pkg-config in your path?
L'howon
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Mono is all you need. This sounds condescending, but I'll ask anyway: is pkg-config in your path?
Condescending? Not at all - I really was that stupid (Admittedly, the path was a bit wonky once I located it, but none the less.)

However, running gmcs @weland.rsp now does... nothing. On Effigy's suggestion I also tried gmcs @common.rsp though he said something about @weland.rsp being 'preferred'. Running gmcs @common.rsp returns:

MapDrawingArea.cs(139,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CairoDrawer' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
Last edited by L'howon on Dec 2nd '09, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Lh wrote:...
On Effigy's suggestion I also tried gmcs @common.rsp though he said something about @weland.rsp being 'preferred'
Perhaps I assumed incorrectly? Maybe using windows.rsp would be effective? The binary that produces runs well in Ubuntu...
Running gmcs @common.rsp returns:

MapDrawingArea.cs(139,30): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `CairoDrawer' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
I'm rather uneducated in this, but is some reason you would not have Cairo on your Mac?
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
treellama
Vidmaster

If gmcs @weland.rsp doesn't print any output, it successfully compiled! So you're set.

common.rsp is included by weland.rsp and windows.rsp, it can't be used to compile anything itself.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:If gmcs @weland.rsp doesn't print any output, it successfully compiled! So you're set.

common.rsp is included by weland.rsp and windows.rsp, it can't be used to compile anything itself.
Thank you for all the assistance.

For future posterity, here's how I did it:

It took me a little while to figure it out, but I realized that compiling using the aforementioned commands was the 'hard' way - completely missed that makefile. After a little digging/watching, I realized that an .exe was being spit out when I compiled normally and after reading through the makefile, ran 'make Weland.app'. Voila!
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Weland is out and I just recently got back into Marathon. Time to finish that shitty map I was working on three months ago!
Dugit
Vidmaster

Sorry to resurrect the thread, but although Envy hinted at it, the question was never answered, and I need to know.

Although fluid direction goes: 90 degrees is going north; 180 degrees is going west; 270 degrees is going south; 0 degrees is going east- right on or circa those numbers go more or less as you'd expect, but when I go inbetween- for example, if I want my water to go southeast, I'd assume that I'd have to put the flow direction at 315 degrees (between the 270 degree south and the 360/0 east), so when I did, the water flows southwest instead. Can someone tell me which degree does what (an annotated compass would be nice)? Thanks. [MWuh]

Vale,
Dugit

Dugit
Vidmaster

I've got it now. Going north is 90 degrees; going south is 270; going west is 0; going east is 180. For some reason, I've tested these figures and they work.

L'howon
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:90 degrees is south.
Dugit wrote:Going north is 90 degrees
Good thing we can reach a consensus on this matter so nobody gets confused.
treellama
Vidmaster

90 degrees is due south in the engine, which is the origin of a liquid that flows south to north.
irons
Vidmaster

Actually, Treellama and I figured it out. Usually, 90 degrees in Marathon is facing south; however, when Bungie programmed Marathon 2, they decided to use the angle for liquids to indicate the source of the current. So a current at 90 degrees is coming from the south. He has finally conceded that he needs to make an angle widget.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps