Weland

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

use the left click&drag make the map viewer pan up and down and diagonally and stuff. Panning, you know.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
treellama
Vidmaster

Try clicking on the Move tool.

::facepalm::
Last edited by treellama on Mar 11th '10, 03:11, edited 1 time in total.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Clicking down on the scrollwheel (mouse3) works well enough for panning.

-----------

I think I may have found another Platform issue in Weland: I have a map with a Platform On Trigger polygon. When I delete other polygons the Polygon On Trigger "forgets" which platform it's suppose to activate (value resets to nothing). This also seems to cause A1 to crash (a map with an unspecified Polygon On Trigger).
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
envy
Mjolnir Mark IV

i know of the move tool, but i think it would be easier to use left click on the background. you say middle click does it? ill check it out.
Si tratta di una lacrimosa.
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Please do, and although it's a bit awkward, you can pan before finishing a line (i.e.: pick first point of line and hold left mouse button down -> click 3rd mouse button to pan, release -> release left mouse button to finish line). Ditto on zooming.
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
treellama
Vidmaster

effigy wrote:I think I may have found another Platform issue in Weland: I have a map with a Platform On Trigger polygon. When I delete other polygons the Polygon On Trigger "forgets" which platform it's suppose to activate (value resets to nothing). This also seems to cause A1 to crash (a map with an unspecified Polygon On Trigger).
Thanks for the report.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=d ... id=1152902
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Hmm. So I downloaded Weland 1.1.1 from sourceforge to my Mac running 10.6.2. I downloaded and installed the Mono frameworks from the url provided in the read me. I tried both the Intel and Universal runtimes to be on the safe side. I already had X11 installed. When I try to open Weland, it still bounces briefly in the dock and then disappears. I'm probably doing something wrong here, but I can't tell what. Any ideas?
treellama
Vidmaster

Anything printed to the main system log?

If not, you can open a terminal:

Code: Select all

cd Weland.app/Contents/Resources
mono Weland.exe
And see if that prints anything useful?
Last edited by treellama on Apr 9th '10, 02:11, edited 1 time in total.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Okay, I'm getting this error:

Code: Select all

4/8/10 11:49:05 PM    [0x0-0x69069].Weland[1614]    ** (Weland:1629): WARNING **: exception inside UnhandledException handler: libgtk-quartz-2.0.0.dylib
4/8/10 11:49:06 PM    com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[94]    ([0x0-0x69069].Weland[1614]) Exited with exit code: 1
I can find that file within the Mono frameworks folder, but I'm not set up to examine .dylib files.
treellama
Vidmaster

Looks like a problem with the Mono framework itself. You're not the only one:
http://n4.nabble.com/mono-2-6-3-command-li...3ef1490590.html
http://n4.nabble.com/MacOsX-install-tp1748832ef1490590.html

Try installing an older version?
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

The next-to-latest version they had was 2.4.3, and installing that allows Weland to run. Thanks for your help, Treellama. [MSmile]
treellama
Vidmaster

Weland 1.1.2 is now on SourceForge.

ChangesUpdate the layer button when resetting on level changeHandle platform triggers correctly when deleting polygons(Mac OS X) Work correctly with newer Mono frameworks(Mac OS X) If Mono is not installed, display an error message with a download link
If you are on a Mac, I strongly recommend getting the latest Mono, as it finally seems to fix the problem where clicking in an inactive area would cause the app to stop responding to all mouse events.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Some things I would love to see implemented.

(Due to the fact that I use a PC and am making a TC, Treellama's programs are all I have, tnx for them, sir!)

-Terminals
-Some sort of in-program renderer (even if it isn't perfect) to preview.
-Better texturing system.

And that's all I have to say about that!
[MGrin]
"Escape will make me God"
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

You know, those are some really interesting ideas. I can't believe Treellama never thought of those, they're so obvious! Here's a vote to tell Mr. Fat and Greasy to get his ass in gear.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

RyokoTK wrote:You know, those are some really interesting ideas. I can't believe Treellama never thought of those, they're so obvious! Here's a vote to tell Mr. Fat and Greasy to get his ass in gear.
I second that motion! I never would have imagined an in-program renderer, like some kind of visual mode of working with one's maps. This will be a revolution in map making!
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

Haha, yea. Visual Mode does work great for texturing, I really do love it. It is possible to add text and pictures in terminals by using a text document for the text and then merging the text document and map with Atque. Then use Visual Mode Lua to place the terminal and select the text to add to the terminal you want.
"My advise: V" - g pack
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

laserbrains wrote:Some things I would love to see implemented.

(Due to the fact that I use a PC and am making a TC, Treellama's programs are all I have, tnx for them, sir!)

-Terminals
-Some sort of in-program renderer (even if it isn't perfect) to preview.
-Better texturing system.

And that's all I have to say about that!
[MGrin]
This has already been done in something called visualmode.lua, which is a sort of add-on to the Marathon game which allows you to texture surfaces and make terminals. It takes a bit to learn how to use, but it's really nice. If you want to, you can run something like Sheepshaver which allows you to run mac classic. You can then use Forge, which actually does have a built-in previewer/texturer/terminal maker. Getting Sheepshaver to work is somewhat difficult, though and, in my opinion, Weland is better than Forge.

To code these features in Weland would take alot of time and effort on Treellama's part, and since visualmode.lua has already been created he probably won't do it. In the future, use the "search" feature of the forum to make sure such things haven't already been done before you post; most people here don't take kindly to posts which state or ask things that have already been explained.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yes, I am aware of visual mode.lua, as I must use it myself for texturing.
What I meant was something like Obed's renderer, which allowed you to view the map/textures for a quick look at what is working/bad looking.
And as far as texturing, again, Obed, though a poorly constructed and outdated program, allowed you to set wall/ceiling/floor textures for individual or groups of polygons.

Terminals: Simple, and again, also in Obed.

Weland is better than Obed, but Obed has a few features that could be integrated into weland.
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

laserbrains wrote:Yes, I am aware of visual mode.lua, as I must use it myself for texturing.
What I meant was something like Obed's renderer, which allowed you to view the map/textures for a quick look at what is working/bad looking.
And as far as texturing, again, Obed, though a poorly constructed and outdated program, allowed you to set wall/ceiling/floor textures for individual or groups of polygons.

Terminals: Simple, and again, also in Obed.

Weland is better than Obed, but Obed has a few features that could be integrated into weland.
Yeah, but this has already all been covered. I don't think Treellama is going to do it, because it would take alot of work.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

y'never know, though. If Treellama could make this powerful program, he might be able to pull those off, too!
treellama
Vidmaster

I don't plan to add terminals--Notepad or SimpleText is fine for that. Render view was covered on the first page. It's possible Weland could some day edit textures in 2D mode like Obed, but you shouldn't hold your breath.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:I don't plan to add terminals--Notepad or SimpleText is fine for that.
What my reasoning was for asking for terminals was because I believe it takes roughly 4 different programs/applications to make 1 terminal
-Notepad
-Weland
-Atque
-Visual Mode.

I just wanted to be able to condense steps 3&2 into one step, allowing you to place the polygon for the terminal, assign the text and then go to visual mode to texture it.

But I wont dwell on it too much if its a lot of trouble.
Skullcleaver
Born on Board

I think forge actually has this, where all u have to do in mapping mode is select a polygon to make a terminal. But you would still have to write the terminal text seperately. Try looking up Forge on youtube, there are some good tutorials. Note: IM Not recommending Forge=)
I LIKE PIE
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

It's ok, I can't use forge anyways, I roll with a windows.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Skullcleaver wrote:I think forge actually has this, where all u have to do in mapping mode is select a polygon to make a terminal. But you would still have to write the terminal text seperately. Try looking up Forge on youtube, there are some good tutorials. Note: IM Not recommending Forge=)
It does not. You have to place the terminal in visual mode.

Of course, visual mode is integrated into Forge anyway, but never mind.