I want to fly.......

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
Comokanu
Cyborg

OK, I was thinking of making this game where you can fly as well. I tried invisible liquids, but the monsters just floated to the top and didn't swim at different altitudes. I got the monsters to hit-and-run by enabling the 'Cannot Attack' flag which was fun. When I removed the liquids, the monsters flew and did what I wanted to do, but I couldn't fly......

I tried editing the physics to have negative gravity when you press the Run/Swim button you float, but it only happens if you are falling. So I can't take-off from the ground. How could I do this?
Toshiba Dynabook Satellite PAG4510PME
Windows XP Home Edition + Service Pack 3 (Japanese)
40GB HDD
512MB RAM

Still in full working condition....
Dugit
Vidmaster

I haven't a clue what to do really, but I think you may be on the right track with invisible liquids. Return to Marathon did a good job of 'space', by using an invisible liquid. I remember that vacuum enabled weapons, like the fusion pistol and the drone bolt, worked as if in an Earth atmosphere. Even the enemies that appeared in the vacuum- the Pfhor drone and the Pfhor/Vac BoB hybrid both rose and fell at will to attack you.

Vale,
Dugit
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Wow... "pilot" is an excellent package. Commendations to whoever made it and the scripts and physics. Seriously, I still think the invisible liquids idea has potential.

Vale,
Dugit
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
irons
Vidmaster

Oh effigy, that was low and gross.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Not at all, sir. I found it to be rather marvelous upon my initial discovery.
irons
Vidmaster

It's probably one of those scripts I wish I never made. At least the Japanese got to enjoy it for a night.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Indeed; and a few Mexicans IIRC.
CupcakeTreat
Born on Board

Well, I'm against the invisible liquids plan because (i think) then you can't put water on the map. I change the physics for walking to negative gravity. (-163 recommended) Also make sure to change the settings of walking (speed, etc) to the same settings as running, so you don't walk in midair. I usually use Physics Editor One J, by the way.
As you are reading this, the question is: Are you having fun?