limit to only one fist

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
riserobotrise
Cyborg

okay, how do I reduce the amount of fists the player can wield to only 1?

In anvil, I tried to change the weapon class from "melee" to "single function" but that only causes one fist to be raised and then when fired it would disappear (no, disappear after use is not checked). plus it would act as if your fist made a sound activating all aliens in the area who are not tagged as 'deaf'. The other thing I did was set the second trigger projectile to "none" and/or change the rounds/magazine to '0'. That option would not get rid of the second fist, and it would crash the game. Is there a way I can change this? Perhaps a lua or mml script, somewhere in the shapes file, or somewhere in the physics model I haven't checked before?

thanks
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

riserobotrise wrote:okay, how do I reduce the amount of fists the player can wield to only 1?

In anvil, I tried to change the weapon class from "melee" to "single function" but that only causes one fist to be raised and then when fired it would disappear (no, disappear after use is not checked). plus it would act as if your fist made a sound activating all aliens in the area who are not tagged as 'deaf'. The other thing I did was set the second trigger projectile to "none" and/or change the rounds/magazine to '0'. That option would not get rid of the second fist, and it would crash the game. Is there a way I can change this? Perhaps a lua or mml script, somewhere in the shapes file, or somewhere in the physics model I haven't checked before?

thanks
mml is the answer- check through the guide- it's in there!
riserobotrise
Cyborg

Fishman92 wrote:mml is the answer- check through the guide- it's in there!
hmmm, not seeing it

http://marathon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc...ML.html#weapons

I see shell casings, positions, and weapon order, but nothing else - and def not limit to first trigger option only.
Last edited by riserobotrise on Feb 6th '10, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

Irons was kind enough to make a thread for your "M1A1 is not Marathon wah" and you still create a new one?
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

riserobotrise wrote:hmmm, not seeing it

http://marathon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc...ML.html#weapons

I see shell casings, positions, and weapon order, but nothing else - and def not limit to first trigger option only.
I would look in the player tag.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:Irons was kind enough to make a thread for your "M1A1 is not Marathon wah" and you still create a new one?
i'm more upset that he previously said "this is my last M1A1 question" -- i hate being lied to
dude, seriously. dude.
$lave
Vidmaster

I wouldn't mind you posting this in Editors, Emulation, etc. or even Aleph One Discussion, but mapping?
irons
Vidmaster

I propose it be merged with the RRR M1A1 thread anyway.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
riserobotrise
Cyborg

Fishman92 wrote:I would look in the player tag.
I still don't see it in here.

http://marathon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc...MML.html#player
Dugit
Vidmaster

irons wrote:I propose it be merged with the RRR M1A1 thread anyway.
YES!

riserobotrise, please allow us to replicate this conversation there.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
riserobotrise
Cyborg

Dugit wrote:YES!

riserobotrise, please allow us to replicate this conversation there.

Do what you want with it.

So there isn't a way to limit it to just one fist?
Dis
Mjolnir Mark IV

There is.
function rate() { x = document.getElementsByClassName('current-rating'); for (var i in x) { x.style.cssText = "width: 25px"; x.innerHTML = "Currently 1/5 Stars."; } }

if (document.URL != "http://www.simplici7y.com/reviews") window.onload = rate;