Concerning Weland

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
Post Reply
User avatar
Sasmaster
Born on Board
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 31st '10, 22:42
Contact:

I'm running OS X Snow Leopard and I got myself Weland. I got Mono installed and everything but I still can't get Weland to run. Any help out there?
User avatar
treellama
Vidmaster
Posts: 6107
Joined: Jun 2nd '06, 02:05
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

Ton wrote:I'm running OS X Snow Leopard and I got myself Weland. I got Mono installed and everything but I still can't get Weland to run. Any help out there?
What message does Weland display when you run it?

Edit: should this go in Editors?
Last edited by treellama on Jul 26th '10, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 371
Joined: Mar 10th '10, 20:06
Contact:

I had the same problem first, I did not know how to use Mono to run Weland. I'm not sure if OS X has the same stuff as Windows, but if it is there will be a Mono Command Prompt, which then you go to Weland directory then type "mono whole file name here" (not literally "whole file name here," but you get the idea). I hope this helps!
"My advise: V" - g pack
User avatar
Sasmaster
Born on Board
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 31st '10, 22:42
Contact:

brilliant wrote:I had the same problem first, I did not know how to use Mono to run Weland. I'm not sure if OS X has the same stuff as Windows, but if it is there will be a Mono Command Prompt, which then you go to Weland directory then type "mono whole file name here" (not literally "whole file name here," but you get the idea). I hope this helps!
Well when I try and run Weland it does absolutely nothing. However, when I right click it and choose to open "package contents" it takes me to a load of crap where, eventually, I get this:

[attachment=3997:Screen_s...06.44_PM.png]

Or this:
[attachment=3998:Screen_s...07.05_PM.png]
Attachments
Screen_shot_2010_07_26_at_2.07.05_PM.png
Screen_shot_2010_07_26_at_2.07.05_PM.png (36.6 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Screen_shot_2010_07_26_at_2.06.44_PM.png
Screen_shot_2010_07_26_at_2.06.44_PM.png (22.17 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
User avatar
treellama
Vidmaster
Posts: 6107
Joined: Jun 2nd '06, 02:05
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

If you are using a recent Mono framework, you also need the latest version of Weland (1.1.2)

It also won't run from the command line unless you set some extra environment variables. I recommend double clicking.

Brilliant, it runs fine by double clicking if you're using .NET. You need to install gtk-sharp for .NET, you don't need Mono. Unless you want it.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 26th '10, 21:14, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Sasmaster
Born on Board
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 31st '10, 22:42
Contact:

Treellama wrote:If you are using a recent Mono framework, you also need the latest version of Weland (1.1.2)

It also won't run from the command line unless you set some extra environment variables. I recommend double clicking.

Brilliant, it runs fine by double clicking if you're using .NET. You need to install gtk-sharp for .NET, you don't need Mono. Unless you want it.

Well I got myself the latest version of Weland... however I still don't get anything. (As in when I double click Weland, the icon responds but nothing opens).
Last edited by Sasmaster on Jul 26th '10, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
treellama
Vidmaster
Posts: 6107
Joined: Jun 2nd '06, 02:05
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

Can you open the console and tell me what is printed there?
User avatar
Sasmaster
Born on Board
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 31st '10, 22:42
Contact:

Is there supposed to be anything else to running Weland? I mean, after the Mono Framework is installed onto my hard drive... what do I do from there?
User avatar
RyokoTK
Vidmaster
Posts: 4161
Joined: Mar 7th '06, 07:04
Location: Saint Paul, MN

Treellama wrote:Brilliant, it runs fine by double clicking if you're using .NET. You need to install gtk-sharp for .NET, you don't need Mono. Unless you want it.
Brilliant isn't going to get the kissing disease anytime soon.
User avatar
Sasmaster
Born on Board
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 31st '10, 22:42
Contact:

Treellama wrote:Can you open the console and tell me what is printed there?

[attachment=3999:Screen_s...01.42_PM.png]
Attachments
Screen_shot_2010_07_26_at_6.01.42_PM.png
Screen_shot_2010_07_26_at_6.01.42_PM.png (10.99 KiB) Viewed 4026 times
User avatar
treellama
Vidmaster
Posts: 6107
Joined: Jun 2nd '06, 02:05
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

Just installed the latest Mono myself, in Snow Leopard, and Weland still runs fine. They did break the command key shortcuts *sigh*

Anyway, I don't know what would be going wrong with yours. You do have X11 installed, right?
User avatar
Sasmaster
Born on Board
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 31st '10, 22:42
Contact:

Treellama wrote:Just installed the latest Mono myself, in Snow Leopard, and Weland still runs fine. They did break the command key shortcuts *sigh*

Anyway, I don't know what would be going wrong with yours. You do have X11 installed, right?

Well I didn't have X11 installed so that was the problem... however... now that Weland is running I have a new dilemma: All the text appears as boxes....
User avatar
treellama
Vidmaster
Posts: 6107
Joined: Jun 2nd '06, 02:05
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

Try re-installing Mono now that you have X11.
User avatar
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 735
Joined: Sep 10th '06, 17:35
Contact:

:)
dude, seriously. dude.
User avatar
Sasmaster
Born on Board
Posts: 23
Joined: Mar 31st '10, 22:42
Contact:

It's up and running as it should now. Thanks Treellama!
Post Reply