Anvil will not open physics files in Sheepshaver

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
raithe
Cyborg

Anvil runs just fine on Sheepshaver until I try opening a physics file. It simply won't show it in the open file window. The physics file I am trying to open is in the sheepshaver OS9 desktop. What can I do to make it open with Anvil? There is no physics model extension for Anvil physics models that I know of.
Last edited by raithe on Jul 29th '10, 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Until next time...
RAITHE [Pfhor Military Base AI Ver. 4.2]
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Try making a new physics model in Anvil. Then save it, close it, and try to open it again. If that works, then you know there's a problem with the particular physics model you want to open.
raithe
Cyborg

Crater Creator wrote:Try making a new physics model in Anvil. Then save it, close it, and try to open it again. If that works, then you know there's a problem with the particular physics model you want to open.
Well looks like there's something wrong with that particular physics model.
Until next time...
RAITHE [Pfhor Military Base AI Ver. 4.2]
treellama
Vidmaster

Anvil requires files to have the correct old Mac OS file type, which you can set by using ResEdit's Get Info command. You can look at the standard Infinity physics file to determine what the correct code is--I believe it is phy(infinity symbol)
Zott
Vidmaster

For the sake of discussion, how does one insert the infinity symbol into the res-edit box? I used Key Caps to find out the button combination for the infinity symbol, but I can't press The AppleKey-5 since the apple key is the Windows key and Windows-5 causes actions to happen within the Windows 7 OS. Furthermore, this doesn't register the keystrokes in Sheepshaver. Copying and pasting the symbol also does not work, as the infinity symbol gets lost in translation and ends up as a whitespace. Any ideas?
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
goran
Vidmaster

Define another key as the applekey in the sheepsaver gui.

EDIT: Under mouse/keyboard tab, check the box use raw keycodes. Link it to a document with keycodes. In my folder I have a document called basiliskII_keycodes. This document contains lists that translates between mac and pc. I changed a couple of numbers in this document to move my applekey to another key.
Last edited by goran on Jul 30th '10, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.
treellama
Vidmaster

The key for the Infinity symbol on the Mac is actually option-5, not command (what you incorrectly call Apple)-5. SheepShaver should pass alt through as option; it does for me in Linux.
Zott
Vidmaster

The key for the Infinity symbol on the Mac is actually option-5, not command (what you incorrectly call Apple)-5. SheepShaver should pass alt through as option; it does for me in Linux.
Yes sorry, it is option-5, its been a while since I've used the button-layout and the keys are unlabeled in Key Caps. Alt passes as the Command Key, so that didn't work. Also, the Command key is occasionally called the Apple key, since it used to have an Apple icon on it.
Link it to a document with keycodes.
I did not know you could do this. This solved the issue. I wish I had known this two weeks ago. [MErr]

RAITHE, here are the typecodes you need to fill in.
[attachment=4005:Sheepshaver.PNG]
Attachments
Sheepshaver.PNG
Sheepshaver.PNG (15.74 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
treellama
Vidmaster

Zott wrote:Also, the Command key is occasionally called the Apple key, since it used to have an Apple icon on it.
The first Macs all the way through the Mac Plus did not have an apple symbol on that key. It was only when Apple started manufacturing ADB keyboards, which could be used both with the Apple IIGS and the Mac, that they put both symbols on the keys. If you are still using an Apple IIGS, then I will permit you to call it the (open) Apple key.

Maybe I do have Super mapped to Option, now that I think of it. Whatever the case, I have two keys on my keyboard where Option and Command are on the Mac, and each of them serves one of those functions in SheepShaver.
Last edited by treellama on Jul 30th '10, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Mine has both symbols. :)
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

For what it's worth, I am 95% sure "phy2" works as well.