COI Forge Problem

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
BoBsBrother
Cyborg

I use COI v 4.0.1 to emulate the OS 9 environment to be able to work with Anvil, Forge, etc. The only problem is that when I open Forge, the desktop changes to a more "grainy" looking picture and the OS 9 hard drive logo turns black and white. Ok, so the first Forge window comes up with the options about the name, game type, etc. I start to type in the name of the level and every time the bottom half of the window turns purple. Not joking. If my mouse is in the lower righthand corner of the screen, the whole computer locks up. If it is in the upper lefthand corner of the screen, it doesn't lock up, it just has the color spinny wheel when I wave the mouse over the COI window; where then I have to force quit. Does anyone have a fix for this? Thanks.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Use Weland.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
BoBsBrother
Cyborg

I do. I just like Forge because of it's amazing visual mode. Now you' re going to tell me to use visual mode.lua. I do. I just like Forge's visual mode 10,000 times better. Anyone else?
treellama
Vidmaster

COI uses a very old version of SheepShaver. Learn how to set up the real thing instead, and get a modern build. Also, Forge always messes up desktop colors when it starts up, even in real Mac OS.
Windbreaker
Mjolnir Mark IV

BoBsBrother wrote:I do. I just like Forge because of it's amazing visual mode. Now you' re going to tell me to use visual mode.lua. I do. I just like Forge's visual mode 10,000 times better. Anyone else?
Why? Once you grasp the controls of VML it's ten times easier than Forge's visual mode imo. Plus, you're seeing the map textured in Aleph One, instead of in Forge with 256 colors. I preferred Forge's visual mode at the start as well, but VML quickly won me over. I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Use visual mode.lua.
BoBsBrother
Cyborg

Oh, well maybe I need to work with vml some more then. I just liked Forge's visual mode better because you can change the floor and celing heights within it and it's it's not a separate program where you have to transition a lot. I guess part of it is because I'm lazy but....
BoBsBrother
Cyborg

Also, how do you make rechargers and save terms etc. with weland? Because I know with forge a little window pops up asking what you want it to be. Is there something like that with vml/weland?
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

In vml, when you place a texture with a recharger/switch/term, it will ask you to make settings for it.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
BoBsBrother
Cyborg

Ok, thanks. That really helps. [MLaugh]