.hqx in Stuffit.... grr

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

I was told repeatedly that Stuffit for mac OR windows can open/expand .hqx files.

I have windows Stuffit 8.0 and it claims it will open .hqx files, but strangely, the two that I tried recently do NOT open and display an error claiming that stuffit cannot open them.

I hope it's just a random file glitch... Is it?

I am trying to port some old content to Aleph One (for massive credz around here, and to improve my skills, as I am sure something will need editing of some sort).
"Escape will make me God"
treellama
Vidmaster

I'm hard pressed to think of some old content that we are desperately lacking, at least that we are permitted to port.

That having been said, it would surprise me if modern versions of Stuffit Expander can open .hqx files. Lots of us here have classic Macs, so you'll probably get what you need if you just post what you can't open.
brilliant
Mjolnir Mark IV

From what I've read, WinZip can open .hqx files. You should give that a try.
"My advise: V" - g pack
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:I'm hard pressed to think of some old content that we are desperately lacking, at least that we are permitted to port.

That having been said, it would surprise me if modern versions of Stuffit Expander can open .hqx files. Lots of us here have classic Macs, so you'll probably get what you need if you just post what you can't open.
I have Basilisk II and I used a trick in HFV Explorer where I converted the old files into Raw Text w/Data fork (or somthing like that), and it worked.. YAY.

My interests lie in the M1 mods from the mid 90's like the original M1 DIABD, among others.

My problem now is the lack of ability to make these files compatable with M1A1.

It would not be AS hard if it were even possible to open the files in Weland.
irons
Vidmaster

I think that's a feature request, Treellama.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
zero
Mjolnir Mark IV

irons wrote:I think that's a feature request, Treellama.
Unintentional... But a good idea!