Basic VisualMode.lua question

Questions about the content creation procedure go here, including using Forge, Anvil, or other editors, or operating emulators like Basilisk II.
phoebegraubard
Born on Board

I am trying to fix up some of my old (lame) maps and trying to get used to Weland and VisualMode.lua. Weland is a snap but I'm having all kind of problems with VisualMode. The keys don't do what they're supposed to. My main problem is that I can't switch textures. The readme says hold down the mic key and press prev or next weapon. That doesn't work for me, either using keys or the scroll wheel on the mouse (which switches weapons in AlephOne.) I don't know how to select the items on the menu at the top of the screen either in move mode or texture mode. Pardon my newbieness, I'm just getting started with those editors.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

I haven't used VMLua for a while myself, but if I recall correctly, you should scroll textures by using your first&second weapon triggers, rather than the weapon-switch keys.
The items at the top cannot be selected, they are informative. E.g. the text behind the grenade icon tells you what happens when you press second trigger (which normally throws grenades).

I *think* however that a more thorough lecture of the readme would have given you these answers as well.
Last edited by Drictelt on Mar 3rd '11, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
treellama
Vidmaster

When you press the mic key, you should see the menus change. Right arrow is next weapon, left arrow is prev weapon, gun is primary trigger, grenade is secondary trigger.

If you don't see the menus change when you push the mic key, you may not have it set to the key you think it should be.
phoebegraubard
Born on Board

Thanx, that helped alot. I find that I had to put the mic on a new key, and that stepping through the textures I did have to use R and L mouse buttons. Now the display changes when I press the mic key. I'm able to texture efficiently now, thought I have more learning to do. I am even able to save my changes.
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

That's good! You've taken your first step into a larger world.