In The Shadows.

The best of the Pfhorums.
Lawstiker
Cyborg

Fishman92 wrote:I'm almost finished bug testing, so the new version will be released this week. Just finishing weapons etc. and stuff. Should i include the test maps i made to try out the weapons?
What would they show us that isn't already in the beta, unless you just want to throw them in as bonus material.
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

i really dont care, although teh test levels may be fun to screw around in.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Lawstiker wrote:I have an excellent new weapon idea.

I give to you the most awesome development in chainsaw technology yet: The Rocket Propelled Chainsaw
What about a rocket launcher that launches a rocket which dispenses small chainsaws over a large area?

Or maybe a Juggernaut which launches chainsaw wielding drones which also fire small chainsaw rockets at the enemy?

[A long chain of ideas, each more ridiculous than the last...]

...and then we could make it shoot darts with micro-chainsaws which are injected into the enemy, and then tear up it's insides on a cellular level!

[Chainsaw discussion OVER.]
CryoS
Vidmaster

incredible ending to an fantastic discussion.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Treellama wrote:Four words: MIRV
QUOTE(Me)a Juggernaut which launches chainsaw wielding drones which also fire small chainsaw rockets at the enemy[/quote]

Factor in a ballistic trans-atmospheric Juggernaut, and re-entry drones, and there's your MIRV.

Or we could break a treaty or two and go with a FOB type system, which is what I imagine North Korea is working on. Better keep an eye out for any illegal shipments of chainsaw technology from Husqvarna... Come to think of it, isn't Sweden one of the few countries that keeps regular diplomatic relations with them?... It all gets curiouser and curiouser....

In any case, I'm sure nobody wants to get FOC'd by any rogue nations! FOC'ers like those guys should just go and FOC themselves, really.
CryoS
Vidmaster

husqvarna has gained in size latley...
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

i love how the topic continued, even though it was "requested" to end
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

CryoS wrote:incredible ending to an fantastic discussion.
tehWastedJamacan date= wrote:love how the topic continued, even though it was "requested" to end
Ending??? I like all these random ideas. Shame you can't put in more than 9 weapons without extensive coding.
I'm going to upload the 0.2 beta tommorow, i've finished bug checking etc! I can't upload to simplici7y for some reason. Safari, IE and Firefox all crash when I try to upload it. I will use a different computer. :D
I'm going to upload some more screenshots soon to, so keep watching!!
Meta

I like the new AR although it would be preferable if it was closer to the center of the screen so that the player looks down the site instead of looking at the end of it.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Oh, soz that shot's kinda out of date... new AR now...
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

ok 2 more screenshots are on http://marathonshadows.blogspot.com/ !
Lawstiker
Cyborg

Fishman92 wrote:ok 2 more screenshots are on http://marathonshadows.blogspot.com/ !
Thats Rubicon's Assult Rifle, did you get permission to use that?
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Lawstiker wrote:Thats Rubicon's Assult Rifle, did you get permission to use that?
Oh woops that's just temporary to demonstrate the level.
Lawstiker
Cyborg

Fishman92 wrote:Oh woops that's just temporary to demonstrate the level.
Its alright to use it to test with, just don't include it in the beta unless you get permission from the creators of Rubicon. Anyways its cool to see ITS will have weather effects in it.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

I thought they'd be a hit. I'm almost finished on my AR, and that will be in the beta.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Lawstiker wrote:Its alright to use it to test with, just don't include it in the beta unless you get permission from the creators of Rubicon. Anyways its cool to see ITS will have weather effects in it.
Although I don't know how reachable CLund or Scott Brown are anymore. One of the older guys around here is probably your best bet of contacting them because the 2 contact links they provide at the Rubicon site are both duds; CLund 404's, and Scott's site has been under renovation for quite some time.

On a second note, where did you dig up the older Rubicon at? I'm having a dickens of a time trying to find all the old resources that seem to have disappeared for Rubicon, with the exception of the old Spoiler Guide.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
treellama
Vidmaster

Lh wrote:On a second note, where did you dig up the older Rubicon at? I'm having a dickens of a time trying to find all the old resources that seem to have disappeared for Rubicon, with the exception of the old Spoiler Guide.
Typing "Rubicon" into Fileball's search brings up 1.0:

http://fileball.bungie.org/index.php?optio...nfo&id=3288

Or are you looking for some pre-release version?
Last edited by treellama on Jul 2nd '09, 22:14, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

I got rubicon x (my fav marathon scenario!) and just opened the shapes file.
why do most scenario's maps open in forge, but not display anything? same with shapes and anvil. Why?
L'howon
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:I got rubicon x (my fav marathon scenario!) and just opened the shapes file.
why do most scenario's maps open in forge, but not display anything? same with shapes and anvil. Why?
My mistake, I'd forgotten about software rendering mode. I'm used to seeing the much higher resolution and crisper weapon sprites from Rubicon. The older Rubicon use to use the much more pixelated weapon sprites, etc also and it gave me the false impression you had access to the original.

@TL: Thanks for the suggestion, I hadn't even thought to look in there.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

I couldn't help noticing how grainy your health bars were looking. Just like any other thing in Anvil, they can have high res replacements, but you must orient them 90 degrees in order for them to work right.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Lawstiker wrote:Thats Rubicon's Assult Rifle, did you get permission to use that?
Oh cool, plagiarism!

I wish he'd steal some of my shit though... I actually ask people to.
Go download Kurinn's High-Res Water off of Fireball. Your low-res liquid sucks! [MUp]
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

That is your hi-res water.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

Fishman92 wrote:That is your hi-res water.
Ah, on closer inspection it is indeed my water. The resolution of the screenshots are kind of small, so it wasn't apparent at first. Good on you for using it well. I might suggest that you go into the MML and increase the opacity just a touch though.

It also looks a bit gray. Did you do that? It fits well with the overall desaturated look of the textures you're using. If you want, I can make changes to the original super-high-res master and make a custom water for you. I can make it more turbulent, or more smooth, maybe tweak the color just right for your purposes.
goran
Vidmaster

Kurinn wrote:I wish he'd steal some of my shit though... I actually ask people to.
I like this