In The Shadows.

The best of the Pfhorums.
Meta

Just try not to expand them too far, then you have to switch editors and go about all this other tedious and frustrating stuff. *Hangs head* Eat it, Boi Viddi!
Last edited by Meta on Jul 20th '09, 00:38, edited 1 time in total.
Kurinn
Mjolnir Mark IV

I find it's good to add a little at a time. Don't get too caught up in "bloat", where you have a lot of area but no flow to the level.
Poly count is good, but every poly should count.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Kurinn wrote:I find it's good to add a little at a time. Don't get too caught up in "bloat", where you have a lot of area but no flow to the level.
Poly count is good, but every poly should count.
Yeh, I see what you mean.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:Yeh, I see what you mean.
Personally I don't think there's any right way to use polygons, just make the level fun and nice looking :P

By the way, I've got a mass of unused textures that were rejected from my own project for some reason or another, perhaps you'd want to use them?
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Shadowbreaker wrote:Personally I don't think there's any right way to use polygons, just make the level fun and nice looking :P

By the way, I've got a mass of unused textures that were rejected from my own project for some reason or another, perhaps you'd want to use them?
They might be quite helpful!
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

New screenshot on the blog!
Grenth
Born on Board

That Shadow Gun looks very cool , what does it do?. Sorry if this seems random Fishman92 but , what computer are you using?
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Grenth wrote:That Shadow Gun looks very cool , what does it do?. Sorry if this seems random Fishman92 but , what computer are you using?

It fires a large pulse of shadow that is extremely powerful, maybe too powerful!!

I am using An iMac G3 400mhz 256 RAM With Mac OS X 10.3.9 installed, along with 9.2.2 for classic!
Major Pedro
Cyborg

Fishman92 wrote:It fires a large pulse of shadow
Because that wasn't obvious or something. @Kurinn: Bloat is what makes me cool. Be with it
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Major Pedro wrote:Because that wasn't obvious or something.
LOL!

New screens are on the blog!

And where has everyone gone??? Did I scare you all off?
Last edited by Fishman92 on Jul 25th '09, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ok, seriously, where is everyone?
CryoS
Vidmaster

the flamewars have ended. Fishamn stands victorious. "But like winning a flame was is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win, youre still a retard"

ITS improves with time fishman, i can only say good luck.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

CryoS wrote:the flamewars have ended. Fishamn stands victorious. "But like winning a flame was is like winning the special olympics. Even if you win, youre still a retard"

ITS improves with time fishman, i can only say good luck.

O-KAY....
Yeh woteva. I've been experimenting recently with different styles of map, different physics etc... I managed to make a rally track that you can drive around... I know it's pointless :D
L'howon
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:O-KAY....
Yeh woteva. I've been experimenting recently with different styles of map, different physics etc... I managed to make a rally track that you can drive around... I know it's pointless :D
Excalibur: Morgana's Revenge wrote:New holodeck programs, including driving a Flintstone mobile through Bedrock!
It's not a very good gimmick, especially with A1's engine. It wasn't good when they released EMR, and it won't be good now.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Lh wrote:It's not a very good gimmick, especially with A1's engine. It wasn't good when they released EMR, and it won't be good now.
Yeh, and considering the car still turns when you've stopped... nm it was only experimental :)
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ok, i now need some of your input! On the blog are two screens of an AR, and I need you to post back here which one you prefer! Link is in sig.
Meta

The bottom one I guess, although it is kind of weird to have that gun appear considering the year.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

Meta wrote:The bottom one I guess, although it is kind of weird to have that gun appear considering the year.
Yeh I see... I could edit to make it look a bit more futuristic! Is that a good idea?
Meta

Fishman92 wrote:Yeh I see... I could edit to make it look a bit more futuristic! Is that a good idea?
Probably.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

It appears this, like many other projects will be going to waste.

And now I know why.
Grenth
Born on Board

So , no second demo? [MErr] I am sad. [MFrown]
goran
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:It appears this, like many other projects will be going to waste.

And now I know why.
Tell us more about why.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV

It's being stopped, because I felt it could not be continued with this amount of interest. I may put the ( incomplete ) second demo on simplici7y, if people want it, but as can be seen by some of the sheisse in this thread, alot of people have slagged off hard work, ripped the project apart and tried to bring me down with it, which i've seen happening in alot of new projects with huge potential.
Personally, with all this going on, I don't think ITS has much potential, considering the blocky, low-res textures and the lack of enemys, and other creatures etc.

But I see, alot of projects like this are doomed from the begining.
goran
Vidmaster

Perhaps you can reduce the scenario into something more managable instead of giving up. Reduce the ammount of levels to 5-7 and use another TC for enemies and weapons. Maybe red?
Last edited by goran on Sep 21st '09, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.
irons
Vidmaster

Fishman92 wrote:[...] Also, do you know when you've been working on somethging BY YOUR SELF non stop then people go and slag it all off is so disheartening, It really pisses me off, so thanks alot guys, (note the sarcasm). [...]
Fishman92 wrote:[...] It would still be better rather than slagging off everything good that I've made to actually give some decent, constructive critisism, rather than saying something and watch as everyone sparks off into another arguament.
Fishman92 wrote:[...] I also don't think $lave is ruining this community at all; the people that slag everyone off for no reason are ruining the community.
Fishman92 wrote:I think it was shitty before $lave was a mod and it's not his fualt that this place is one big shit hole, it's the people slagging of hard work, shoving crap into innocent peoples faces and bring potentialy good projects to the ground that's ruining this communinity.
Fishman92 wrote:[...] alot of people have slagged off hard work, ripped the project apart and tried to bring me down with it, which i've seen happening in alot of new projects with huge potential. [...]
Spoiler:
Variety is the spice of life :(
In all seriousness, I think you're being too negative. The conspiracies ended a long time ago d00d.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps