In The Shadows.

The best of the Pfhorums.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 528
Joined: May 22nd '09, 21:54

Meta wrote:No, it's not fair, and you know what? There's absolutely nothing you can do about it, so shut up.
I took your god damn side of the argument anyway. Having to backtrack is very annoying. Maybe he'll incorporate constant forward momentum into his scenario, maybe he won't. Don't throw a fucking hissy fit. Why don't you go read JFO and let the adults figure this one out, hm?
O.K. can we plz nstop the arguments- this is a topic about ITS not EVIL.
Anyway, I've revamped level one, it's longer, better looking, and has a puzzle! WOOHOO!!! (maybe i'm a bit hypo...). The texture set on the first level has been revamped too!
User avatar
Lawstiker
Cyborg
Posts: 95
Joined: May 22nd '09, 18:50
Location: Somewhere in the Sol System
Contact:

Fishman92 wrote:O.K. can we plz nstop the arguments- this is a topic about ITS not EVIL.
Anyway, I've revamped level one, it's longer, better looking, and has a puzzle! WOOHOO!!! (maybe i'm a bit hypo...). The texture set on the first level has been revamped too!
Thankful that you posted, maybe we can get this on track again. Is the new image on your website from the new level. If it is is starting to look a bit better.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 528
Joined: May 22nd '09, 21:54

Yeh, that's the first level revamped. So you like it? Cool... it keeps crashing though...
The levels bigger too!
User avatar
Lawstiker
Cyborg
Posts: 95
Joined: May 22nd '09, 18:50
Location: Somewhere in the Sol System
Contact:

Fishman92 wrote:Yeh, that's the first level revamped. So you like it? Cool... it keeps crashing though...
The levels bigger too!
Is there anything that indicates why its crashing?
User avatar
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster
Posts: 1347
Joined: May 17th '09, 16:24
Location: SuFu, SD
Contact:

check for too many sounds.

that one threw me for a loop when i first started using sounds
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster
Posts: 1232
Joined: Jan 22nd '06, 18:27
Location: Lake Nebagamon, WI
Contact:

Lh wrote:Is there any scenario that doesn't cause your "bitch-fit" mode to activate? We get it already, nothing lives up to your unrealistic standards.
Pretty sure you all were stating problems you had about other scenarios too.
But I guess I'm different.

TreeLlama can make a sarcastic jab at RED for "dying for completely unpredictable reasons."

Slave can give an ultimatum to the scenario creator that if he makes the scenario anything like RED then only a few people will play.

LawStiker can place his opinion on how the scenario shouldn't have hordes and have EVIL's strong single enemies.

MoppyPuppy CANT voice the fact the scenario should not lean towards EVIL's backtracking.
Because that's bitch fitting.
?

We're all doing the same thing. We're taking lessons learned from completed scenario's quirks to make this scenario more fun.
I'm sick of the whole;
"Listen to me!"
"Listen to me!"
"Listen to me!"
"But not him, nope, Just take OUR select opinions as somehow ours are the only ones that are valid, because we say so."
User avatar
goran
Vidmaster
Posts: 1468
Joined: Feb 2nd '06, 19:51
Contact:

Moppy, a bitch fit is not what you say, it's how you say it....in particular how many times you reapeat it in succession. ;-)
I'm sick of the whole;
"Listen to me!"
"Listen to me!"
"Listen to me!"

where you must backtrack AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN, AND AGAIN,
User avatar
L'howon
Vidmaster
Posts: 898
Joined: Mar 18th '08, 12:49
Location: Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity
Contact:

I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 528
Joined: May 22nd '09, 21:54

O.K. O.K. O.K!!! Can u stop the arguments.
Let's settle this.
I am quite happy for you to voice your opinions. Several ideas I already have put in.
Just stop having a go at each other? Thisis not RED it's not EVIL either. So forget it!

O.k. The ideas that the enemies should be really strong like in EVIL is brilliant, i'm glad that was pointed out. Ths idea has been incorperated into my scenario.
Level 1 has been completely changed- I've thoroughly checked for errors, and fixed them.
The shadow creatures are alot stronger, and look like shadows aswell. There are lighting effects in place, no scenery items in the wrong places, and switches for a small puzzle. It's alot scarier than it was.

Level 2 looks better now aswell. It's bigger, and looks almost entirely different. It has a small working ladder, some cool lighting effects, and sounds. I haven't got round to aliens yet, but they will be in soon.

I'll post some more screenshots soon, to show what changes i've made.

I am listening to your opinions, and acting on them, so thanks for all the feedback!
User avatar
$lave
Vidmaster
Posts: 2155
Joined: Jul 30th '07, 01:05
Contact:

Awesome, glad to hear that you've been working on improving this! I'm quite interested in seeing how the final product for this turns out; even if it takes two, three, or even more versions before it's really "finished". I'll also note that the screenshot of the revised first level does look considerable better. Keep at it!
User avatar
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster
Posts: 1347
Joined: May 17th '09, 16:24
Location: SuFu, SD
Contact:

whats up with the grenades? i was goin well, but i hit right click and ERROR!
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
User avatar
CryoS
Vidmaster
Posts: 1720
Joined: Jul 1st '07, 09:56
Location: The Dungeon
Contact:

Lh wrote:4GET MoppyPuppy.
seconded
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
User avatar
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster
Posts: 1347
Joined: May 17th '09, 16:24
Location: SuFu, SD
Contact:

oh nvm. it just randomly crashed on the level with the train and the (troopers?)
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Meta

Another cool thing you could do would be to copy the images for one of the scenery items into one of the monster's stationary sequence. You then place it somewhere along with some other scenery, maybe add blind and deaf, give it an activation polygon and vwa la. You can stick it in a narrow hallway, have the A.P. in the hallway and then when you enter it that trash can gets up and rips your face off. [spnkr]
Oh and Moppy, we all presented our opinions in a polite and constructive way, you whined and whine about something that really didn't inhibit the scenario that much and wasn't too annoying to do anyway, see the difference? Besides, as fish said, it's not RED or Evil.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster
Posts: 1232
Joined: Jan 22nd '06, 18:27
Location: Lake Nebagamon, WI
Contact:

What you could also do is have a level where you move into a structure with several allies.
But few enemies reside inside the structure.
This structure is full of locked doors though.
And its kinda hard to navigate.

The player reaches the deepest darkest part of the structure and maybe reads a terminal.
A terminal that also opens up all the locked doors unleashing the horrible antagonistic monsters in your scenario, the terminal can have various messages of BOB teams under attack.

Only it'll really be happening!

Oh and Meta...
Meta wrote:Oh and Moppy, we all presented our opinions in a polite and constructive way, you whined and whine about something that really didn't inhibit the scenario that much and wasn't too annoying to do anyway, see the difference? Besides, as fish said, it's not RED or Evil.
Inhibit? Did I say inhibit? Have you even played EVIL?
The levels:
Hackers (especially)
Mr. Bill meets Gumby
We be ground pounders (especially)
Code 42 (Best example ever)
etc...

All had significant undeniable irritating needless backtracking.

But I'm also curious about another thing...
How exactly do you know how I presented my opinions via text?
Perhaps in your mind, if the post says MoppyPuppy next to it, "I wish for world peace" would be written in a whiny manner.
Tell me, how loud did I present my opinion?

I mean, hehe, you MUST know.
You can obviously somehow hear how I said it. So you must know how loud.
What accent am I using?
Last edited by MoppyPuppy on Jun 3rd '09, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.
Meta

I like that idea. Now to the juicy part, it's generally considered whining when instead of presenting your opinion in a beneficial manner which could further the project you rant in rave about it over multiple comments without presenting any evidence of how it negatively effected Evil and could negatively affect this project to add merit to the argument, assuming that the statement is right simply because it stems from your personal opinion. You completely disregard the fact that despite this minor problem Evil is one the most highly revered projects ever to come out of Marathon, you then go on to praise RED, a scenario which is held in the lowest esteem by almost all Marathoners. You say that the random deaths are completely justified by the fact that they happened very rarely. Back tracking happened very rarely in Evil. Just Found Out.
Last edited by Meta on Jun 4th '09, 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 528
Joined: May 22nd '09, 21:54

MoppyPuppy wrote:What you could also do is have a level where you move into a structure with several allies.
But few enemies reside inside the structure.
This structure is full of locked doors though.
And its kinda hard to navigate.

The player reaches the deepest darkest part of the structure and maybe reads a terminal.
A terminal that also opens up all the locked doors unleashing the horrible antagonistic monsters in your scenario, the terminal can have various messages of BOB teams under attack.

Only it'll really be happening!
Brilliant idea. I'll put that one in for sure.
Ayway, level 2 is revamped, and level 3 is gonna be redone totally, and be very dark too! Bwahaha.
One last thing: SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT BLUDDY BITCH FITING AND BACKTRACKING AND WHATEVER COS IT IS DOIN MY HEAD IN!!!!!
______________
Thelightisnowyourdeathsentence
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 528
Joined: May 22nd '09, 21:54

Hahaha. Wow whoever called me fish is an absoloute legend because thats wot some of my best friends call me!
Anyway, no more RED or EVIL or ppl whining or complaining or bith fitting.
More on my scenario plz!
User avatar
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster
Posts: 1347
Joined: May 17th '09, 16:24
Location: SuFu, SD
Contact:

bith fitting? pray tell, what?

lol, jk bud
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
Fishman92
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 528
Joined: May 22nd '09, 21:54

haha woops. but really, no more.
I've updated ITS wiki page at http://traxus.bungie.org/index.php/In_The_Shadows
Last edited by Fishman92 on Jun 4th '09, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
L'howon
Vidmaster
Posts: 898
Joined: Mar 18th '08, 12:49
Location: Somewhere outside the Citadel Of Antiquity
Contact:

CryoS wrote:there's a delete button.
And judging by the number of repeat double posts, he doesn't realize there's an 'edit' button as well.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 584
Joined: Apr 30th '08, 04:41
Location: 20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.
Contact:

I hate editing. It adds that "this post has been edited at" bull$#!7
acks45
Mjolnir Mark IV
Posts: 584
Joined: Apr 30th '08, 04:41
Location: 20 Minowere Dr. Fromidlov, Canada.
Contact:

this post as been deleted due to double posting.
MoppyPuppy
Vidmaster
Posts: 1232
Joined: Jan 22nd '06, 18:27
Location: Lake Nebagamon, WI
Contact:

Meta wrote:I like that idea. Now to the juicy part, it's generally considered whining when instead of presenting your opinion in a beneficial manner which could further the project you rant in rave about it over multiple comments without presenting any evidence of how it negatively effected Evil and could negatively affect this project to add merit to the argument, assuming that the statement is right simply because it stems from your personal opinion. You completely disregard the fact that despite this minor problem Evil is one the most highly revered projects ever to come out of Marathon, you then go on to praise RED, a scenario which is held in the lowest esteem by almost all Marathoners. You say that the random deaths are completely justified by the fact that they happened very rarely. Back tracking happened very rarely in Evil. Just Found Out.
multiple comments without presenting any evidence
Yes I did.
assuming that the statement is right simply because it stems from your personal opinion.

The fact that I did present evidence makes me assume you didn't read anything I wrote.
You completely disregard the fact that despite this minor problem Evil is one the most highly revered projects ever to come out of Marathon,
Its not minor, I've played Evil and liked it. But I didn't like the backtracking. Most if not all TCs are revered.
you then go on to praise RED, a scenario which is held in the lowest esteem by almost all Marathoners
Now thats opinion. Your opinion somehow more valid again?
Back tracking happened very rarely in Evil. Just Found Out.
Did... did you play it?
I dont think you finished it.
It'll take you awhile. 100 POINTS FOR WHOEVER CAN IDENTIFY WHY!
Locked