Anyone know sites for free classic games?

Deleted posts and threads from the beginning until the creation of the Archives category.
marathonman

I found a couple of classics on this sitehttp://www.the-underdogs.org/ i found Syncicate, syndicate wars, and lode runner - the ledgend returns. There are lots of other good games and stuff too.

Could someone tell me any more sites, I noticed you all liked the game "Escape Velocity" but it's not there, anyone know where I could get it for free because I don't feel like paying overinflated prices for old games when the money doesn't even go to the developers at all.
poofy
Mjolnir Mark IV

For free? No.
lol butts
Kryten
Cyborg

If you buy EV-Nova you can get 2 free plugins which contain the EV and EV-O scenarios.

Or you could just download the demo and never register. The only problem with that is Cap'n Hector starts to attack you after a while [spnkr] .
-- Straeshi
poofy
Mjolnir Mark IV

If you happen to own a copy of Escape Velocity: Nova, then you can download a plugin that converts it to Escape Velocity.

Bah. You took it before I could. [MTongue]
Last edited by poofy on Mar 6th '06, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
lol butts
Peachey

Cool, do the old EV games use the Nova engine as well?
Peachey

http://mac.the-underdogs.org/

This is a mac specific section hosted by the under dogs peeps. Fantastic site with lots of Abandon ware mac games, so its totally legal.

Parcipitate as much as you can, its a good site.
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

i don't know the exact site, but its called, "mac gardens", its got tons including all the sim games

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
Destroyer E

Peachey wrote: Cool, do the old EV games use the Nova engine as well?
No no no. Nova and Override use the original EV engine. Nova was just the only one that was ported to OS X. As poofy Kryten said, you can get the plugs to convert Nova.

As for the original Escape Velocity, you can still get it here. It's technically not free, but the registration restrictions are not very severe. It's still playable while it's unregistered (very much unlike Override and Nova).

Make sure you check out all of the ASW Games though. They're technically not free, but most are for old Mac, and they're all a lot of fun.
Last edited by Destroyer E on Mar 9th '06, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
shongshong
Vidmaster

woah man! the underdog site is awsome!!! ,love the os9 layout [MTongue]
shongshong.vze.com (main site)
[Flickr page] (subdivision of renderings)
Marathon Squadron
FluffyCubed
Born on Board

shongshong wrote: woah man! the underdog site is awsome!!! ,love the os9 layout [MTongue]
If your OS9 looks like that, I'd be quite worried ;)
Peachey

The Macgarden one is the underdog site.

But AHHH! The site is not up anymore because the underdog peeps diddnt pay there hosting fee's.

Hope they find another host [MFrown]
assassingao
Vidmaster

Enter by IP address

http://209.120.136.205/
FluffyCubed
Born on Board

Also, the underdogs site is about as legal as my sexual practices. It's just that noone really cares what's being done with their software anymore.
oteito
Vidmaster

is there a web site where i can download prime target??

it would be nice if it was for free
LOL
P-System

Nah don't bother I cant let alone find ZPC or DI. We have to wait for the source code then when its realeased for Aleph One we get the full.
Tybo
Cyborg

marathonman wrote: Anyone know sites for free classic games?

Yah.

http://source.bungie.org/ [MLaugh]
Phsyco_kid
Cyborg

Kryten wrote: Or you could just download the demo and never register. The only problem with that is Cap'n Hector starts to attack you after a while [spnkr] .
My friend blew up Captain Hector once.

(Or maybe just shot the shit out of him and desecrated on his face until Hector ran away screaming like a little girl.)

Thinks back to AppleSwitch posting sometime, a while ago, "No warez!"

Meh. I'm not sure if this is technically warez (I know downloading these files is illegal, but everything has classification), and what kind of bad people do old games attract? Most ugly little warezerz go for big PC games like Far Cry and Halo 2, not old old Mac games.
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

"The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates..."
-IMDB.com

"I didn't mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord."
-R.L. Burnside
Coraxus
Cyborg

And I thought they went out of business, didn't realized they just simply moved elsewhere, at least now I can update that dusty old bookmark.

Dang, no Clockwerx *sniff* :(
xyfbzi
Vidmaster

phsyco kid, you can download all you want and be legal, thats the beauty of canada. you're only breaking the law when you upload.
i'm pretty sure, about 92%.

Billy was a chemist's son.
But Billy is no more.
What Billy thought was H20,
Was H2S04.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

yes here is one Mac Garden
oteito
Vidmaster

prime target? anyone?
LOL
Zott
Vidmaster

I know a source... but it doesn't have the movies...and I think its also missing music, so it doesn't have full power. Plus I don't think I can post it here.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
Phsyco_kid
Cyborg

xyfbzi wrote: phsyco kid, you can download all you want and be legal, thats the beauty of canada. you're only breaking the law when you upload.
i'm pretty sure, about 92%.
I never knew that before. *Goes and grabs Doom 3 off a torrent* [MLaugh]

There's always pong. [MTongue]
If it's tourist season, why can't we shoot them?

"The next chapter finds Rambo recruited by a group of Christian human rights missionaries to protect them against pirates..."
-IMDB.com

"I didn't mean to kill nobody, I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord."
-R.L. Burnside