Found A-10 Attack!/Cuba!

Deleted posts and threads from the beginning until the creation of the Archives category.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Ha! I got my Favorite filght sim back at Macintosh Gardins the only problem was that in classic, network mode in Cuba! crashes. and the Apple talk connection between my G5 runing os 10.4.7 and G3 running os 9.2.1 doesnt realy work well. (I could get file sharing only if I typed the ip of the G5 and use ethernet and it only works one way.) kind of a pitty as I was realy hoping to beable to do network games.
Do we have anyother A-10 fans here?
Coraxus
Cyborg

Hmm, I take it you found that one topic, well anyways I used to have that game, a second time, when I downloaded it from that site long ago, unfortunately it got deleted, and now I guess this will be the third time that I download the game, heh.
Zott
Vidmaster

Ah A-10 Attack, Best flying game I've tried. I bought it in the store after trying a demo of it. I was hooked. Flying those missions, futily bombing targets, yes I am a terrible pilot. I remeber the time I beat that level where the tanks attack your base, without even taking off. Killing all the tanks on the ground. Precious.

Later Cuba came out and I didn't get it, cause I couldn't find it. I had the demo but not the game. And A-10 Cuba for PC was not as good without the A-10 Attack Mission Editor of Mac. I bought the Mac A-10 Cuba off EBay along with Mac Os 8.5. Unfortanately the my Computer died around this time, but that's a different story.

{After buying both games I found you could download them off the Internet [MOh] }

After MORE searching, I was able to get the patches for the game, 1.5 and 1.2 that allowed A-10 Cuba, under A-10 Attack, now the havok continues. {Though there is a bug or something with the mission and metals screens, and cockpit under certain reolutions, but for the most part good}

Yup, I like A-10 Attack and Cuba a lot. Its fun to send wingmen on attacks at supersonic speeds. [MGrin]

Check out this page: http://members.aol.com/russillosm/a10.html
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

If only we could play that game on the internet. but I fear to do so would take a project about as big as Aleph One. plus they havn't released the source code. Also it would be nice to have USB joystick support. on the site you showed me I found custome sounds that I was able to add in with ResEdit and they are quite amazing. The Engine sounds much more satisfying
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Aug 8th '06, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yah nothing beats the rush you get from flying low being shot at by an AAGun. Fumbiling with the controls trying to select a HARM missle and select the radar signal to take it out before the AA takes out you. than taking out the surrounding tanks with helfire laserguided missles.