IRONS

Introduce yourself here!
irons
Vidmaster

Hey folks. I've been absent from our dear Pfhorums for a little more than two months. Those familiar with me will no doubt smile a bit and recall the three or four other times I've left this place, only to return in shame a month or two later. Well, it's not much different this time! However, at the beginning of my last hiatus, I discussed my intention to come back with a few others. I had a story to write, the first part of a new sci-fi novella, and now that it's done, I can screw around with Marathon until I start on the next part. My intentions are several-fold:
Continue work on JUICECatch up on the latest scenariosPerhaps release a scenario of my own
I hear it's been dull around here lately, and this is no doubt because I wasn't posting. Now that I'm back, we can expect Marathon to spread to the darkest corners of the Internet; what's more, my presence alone will be enough to motivate Bungie to release their secret Marathon 4 project.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

irons wrote:my presence alone will be enough to motivate Bungie to release their secret Marathon 4 project.
No Jon, you are the project.
Zott
Vidmaster

I Re-Re-Rewelcome you back.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
Nobody
Born on Board

what's more, my presence alone will be enough to motivate Bungie to release their secret Marathon 4 project.
I read an interesting interview of Harold Ryan in the Feb. issue of Game Informer:
Have you looked at doing a new Marathon title? It still has a large cult following.

It's definently something we would consider. The Freeverse port of Marathon to Xbox Live was a project that we pushed for internally just to see what it would look like to bring the old game up a little bit and see if people liked it and how it played. That project got a lot of people excited internally. . . . We're not committed to a Marathon game now, but it's certainly a possibility for the future.
Just thought you would like to know. . . [MWuh]

Anyways, when and where would it take place? To state the obvious, the friggin' universe closed! But I bet if anyone could bend the laws of space and time, it would be Bungie. I guess they could do a prequel, but now I'm just getting off topic.

What sci-fi novella are you writing, may I ask?
irons
Vidmaster

Nobody wrote:I read an interesting interview of Harold Ryan in the Feb. issue of Game Informer:
Just thought you would like to know. . . [MWuh]

Anyways, when and where would it take place? To state the obvious, the friggin' universe closed! But I bet if anyone could bend the laws of space and time, it would be Bungie. I guess they could do a prequel, but now I'm just getting off topic.

What sci-fi novella are you writing, may I ask?
You have answered your own question:

(as discussed in this older post)

Just kidding. It's actually about a people whose generations-long existence as miners in a remote star system is about to change. My Web site (generously hosted by our own dear Treellama), which used to be Marathon-centric, now hosts a variety of pages. The top/home holds my writing. The latest story isn't actually there because it needs a lot of editing before it achieves coherence (I changed a lot of stuff as I wrote it, which means I have to go back and make the necessary adjustments).
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

irons mah boi, good to see your returning to here!
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

I see you called Ryoko's bluff in the PL.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

No, apparently he deleted his post before I got to it. I'm not on the Pfhorums all the time, you know.
thomaslivingston
Vidmaster

But you wouldn't ban Irons... Would you?
irons
Vidmaster

He would have. I just considered whether or not I really wanted to be banned. Why leave as soon as I've arrived? Maybe we can look forward to and irons ban some day in the future, but not today.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

But you wouldn't ban Irons... Would you?
That topic exists as an invitation to get banned. If someone posts in that topic, I assume they want to get banned, so if I see that post, I ban them.

If irons wants me to ban him, why wouldn't I honor his request?
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

;/
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

RyokoTK wrote:That topic exists as an invitation to get banned. If someone posts in that topic, I assume they want to get banned, so if I see that post, I ban them.

If irons wants me to ban him, why wouldn't I honor his request?
I think that doing anything like that will make people think that you're kidding, despite the fact that you said you weren't. Honestly, I figured it would be a bad idea to only because I'm so paranoid. I turned out to be right, but I can see why certain people would think that you were kidding.

I don't really have a point to this post, I guess I just wanted to point something out/vent some anger (not having the greatest of days). Still, the whole thing did seem ridiculous.
Can't speel for hist.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

But you can't ban irons!!! He's the profit of JUICE!

But seriously, nice to have you back.
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
$lave
Vidmaster

Packard20 wrote:He's the profit of JUICE!
That died a really, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY long time ago.
irons
Vidmaster

I've never made a profit from JUICE.
Mordekai
Cyborg

...and he's back...again...
irons
Vidmaster

Hey, asshole, if you keep giving me that kind of attitude, I'll leave.
Mordekai
Cyborg

Umm, ok. If one semi-making-fun-of post can make you think about leaving, then obviously your reasons of being here aren't too sturdy.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Joke ---------->

Mordekai
Mordekai
Cyborg

Yeah, wasn't quite sure...so I went the safe route and tried to cover both bases.
CryoS
Vidmaster

id say "prophet" (or how the hell its spelled) and not profit...
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
irons
Vidmaster

That's why you'll never make a fortune.
Dieselfame3
Vidmaster

step 1: make some JUICE
step 2:.........
step 3: PROFIT
step 4:.........
step 5:Prophet??????
LegacyTyphoon
Vidmaster

IRONS!!! Welcome back!!!
The Pf'hak - Read it.
Science technology jargon physics.