Thank You and Goodbye

Introduce yourself here!
Dade
Born on Board

I am writing to thank everyone for the wonderful couple of years I've had playing Marathon. I was hoping that a new computer would help compensate for some of my connection troubles but it just didn't work out that way. Thanks to the administrators who keep this game going with little or no fanfare; and thanks to all the friends and great players I've met during my time here. Best of luck to all of you in the future.

Goodbye.

-Dade

P.S. Paranoiac that I am, I must confess to being extremely curious about which alias(es) belong to which players. If anyone feels like sharing that last little tidbit, I would love to hear it and I promise that your secret(s) are safe with me. dadesmail@yahoo.com. Be well.
megabyte
Vidmaster

Goodbye.
You were, perhaps, the greatest player i played.
We shall miss you in the metaserver chatroom and in playing the game.
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
$lave

Bye, Dade, sad to see you leaving.

Will you at least drop by for a game every once in awhile?
Last edited by $lave on Jul 29th '08, 04:37, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Cyborg

Dade, it was absolutely wonderful having you here. You were truly one of the greatest players on the meta. The people there already miss you, and are wishing that you will come back someday. I do hope you can get a suitable connection someday and make it back to the madness that is Marathon.
I don't care anymore.
Zott
Vidmaster

So you won't be dropping in at all? Seems like a shame. Hopefully you'll still have some great solo-Marathoning. See Ya Starside.
Video Gamer Blog (With some articles by me!)

Look at Him Go, Weeee
CryoS
Vidmaster

ack, we had some good games dade [MWuh]
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
The Thug
Vidmaster

It was wonderful playing with you Dade. You are a fantastic player. Hope to see ya around!
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
Paul
Cyborg

Dade doesn't remember me, but I sure do remember him. He really challenged me when I played him, and it was a lot of fun.

I'll miss you.
treellama
Vidmaster

Every once in a while, try back. Usually ISPs don't improve things on their own, but sometimes they do get better. Thanks for all the great games!
herecomethej2000
Mjolnir Mark IV

Bye Dade! Really going to miss you. Never did get good enough to beat you outright consistently. It always seemed a fluke whenever I did. [MSmile] Thank-you for all the excellent, close, and not so close, games! I will forever remember that particular color as Dade green. For two years, the last thing people ever saw before becoming nothing but a pile of goo! [MGrin]
Last edited by herecomethej2000 on Jul 29th '08, 15:22, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Cyborg

We should retire the color in his honor.
I don't care anymore.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

For the longest time I wore green until Dade became regular enough, and then I went to white so people wouldn't confuse us.

Now that he's gone I might go back to green, just so people don't forget what it's like.
pirateer
Born on Board

[MFrown] Farg.
Thanks for the schooling, painful though it was.

(This can't be happening...)
Paul
Cyborg

I see you reading this thread, Dade. : P
localwarming
Cyborg

RyokoTK wrote:For the longest time I wore green until Dade became regular enough, and then I went to white so people wouldn't confuse us.

Now that he's gone I might go back to green, just so people don't forget what it's like.
I associate green with getting my ass kicked now, so maybe that would be fitting.

Thanks for the great games Dade, there were few players as skilled or as courteous as you on the meta.
Longinus
Mjolnir Mark IV

It's a terrible shame to hear that it did not work out for you Dade. You certainly will not be soon forgotten. Your courtesy, friendliness, modesty (not to mention phenomenal game-play skill), are unrivaled in online play -even in the warm community that is marathon. It was always a pleasure playing you, and you have certainly attained a legendary status in this community. That bright green color that you wore is terrifying to this very day; and as herecomethej2000 appropriately said, it will from now on be known as' Dade green'.

Although your connection troubles have barred you from marathon for these several months, please do us all a favor Dade, and check every once in a while. We'd all love for you to come back. You've been playing marathon since its earliest days, don't let connection problems bring your Marathon gaming to a close.

Goodbye for now Dade, hope to see your return sometime in the future,
Its been great.

~Longinus
- - - Marathon fan since 1994 - - -
CryoS
Vidmaster

GIVE HEM A REWARD!

(for like best metaplayer in history or whatever)
Mordekai
Cyborg

CryoS wrote:(for like best metaplayer in history or whatever)
I don't think that would be true. You can't really say that one person is the best, even if they are very good.
CryoS
Vidmaster

ok how about "one of many very good metaplayers" then?
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I don't think that would be true. You can't really say that one person is the best, even if they are very good.
do us all a favor and stop posting
Magnum
Cyborg

I remember playing some good matches with you Dade. You will be missed.
irons
Vidmaster

This is from a guy who has been there:

loch
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

I'm a fairly reclusive netplayer who got raped extremely bad by you and many others on werefrog, but my brother admired you a lot :P
soulblighter
Cyborg

You were one of the few who get 20+ while everyone else was in the very low negatives. You will be missed.
[viral]
Nobody hipped me to that, dude.
I will blight your soul!
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dade, I can?t really say much that hasn?t already been said. All I can add is: if we had more players like you, because of both your skill and positive attitude, this community would be stronger and better.