What's up, pfhu... pfhriends!

Introduce yourself here!
Frost
Spazeroid

Pfhriends, Romans, countrymen! Lend me your ears.

So I registered here in February of 2007 to drop into a Marathon music discussion for a whole two posts, then vanished again for two years. Well, I'm back, and hope to actually start hanging around a little bit this time.

For you really old timers, you may remember me as the 2nd editor of Marathon Magazine back in the mid-90s, as well as being a regular of alt.games.marathon back when "the Battle Cat, Claude Errera, FrigidMan, Ty Klein, Forrest, Borzz, Frost, C1ndy, Fusion, Face" and a few other names made up roughly half of the Marathon fan base, Bungie actually interacted with us, and Matt Soell's posts were still reasonably sane. [MLaugh]

I haven't been on the Marathon scene since the 1990s except as an observer, though, so new guys probably don't know me from Adam. Let's see if we can't change that.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Forrest is actually still here :P
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

Welcome back Frost :)
Shadowbreaker wrote:Forrest is actually still here :P
he is being held against his will.
Last edited by JohannesG on Feb 20th '09, 07:52, edited 1 time in total.
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Frost wrote:new guys probably don't know me from Adam.
Wait, you're not Adam? ;)

Oh and I saw you on BorgHL earlier and didn't remember who you were and now I feel bad because you remembered me :-(

Oh and Claude and Gary (tBC) are still around too, running B.org and adminning the IMG forums, respectively.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Welcome back!
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
Frost
Spazeroid

Pfhorrest wrote:Oh and I saw you on BorgHL earlier and didn't remember who you were and now I feel bad because you remembered me :-(
All is forgiven. I gotta say though, I looked at your profile, and holy crap. I thought you were an old man! You're only 5 months older than I am; back on a.g.m. I always had you figured for a 30 year-old or something, when all along you were actually a member of the early teen snot-nosed brat pack. All this time I've been living a lie!

Though I suppose if I'd waited just a few more years my misconception would have finally been right. [MTongue]
Pfhorrest wrote:Oh and Claude and Gary (tBC) are still around too, running B.org and adminning the IMG forums, respectively.
Yup, I've been over at IMG since '05, myself. Made a quick post there about something over the summer and it got tBC's attention (who I previously hadn't talked to since a.g.m. days), and shortly thereafter I found out FM was an admin there too. We got to hugging and catching up and then so people wouldn't get the wrong impression, mashing each others' faces in with brass knuckles, and I ended up sticking around.
Last edited by Frost on Feb 20th '09, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
L'howon
Vidmaster

Well, I can't say I remember you (I've only really been around since 06', and only active recently), but welcome back Frost! It's good to see a lot of new/ returned faces around here, given all the C.A.S we've been having lately.

C.A.S, or CLIQUE Abandonment Syndrome is characterized by excessive posting on the Pfhorums, confusion, weightloss, inactivity, lack of, or increased amount of Netgames, needing to buy more JUICE, and lack of RyokoTK. Treatment involves waiting, realizing it doesn't matter, and continuing as normal. Consult your doctor if you have any of these symptoms as you may be experiencing C.A.S, which in rare cases can lead to death.
I have been wading in a long river and my feet are wet.
Switch
Vidmaster

Frost wrote:early teen snot-nosed brat pack.
Good to know the community hasn't changed [MSmile]
goran
Vidmaster

Frost, welcome back !