Hello!

Introduce yourself here!
Turretguy36
Born on Board

So, I'm new the the pfhorums here, but not too new to Marathon, I've been playing it for only a year now, but still, not new. I got into it after draining many hours into Bungie's newest games [the Halo series] and really got into the Marathon trilogy.

I'm 20, and have a 1 year old son (I'm not going into details about the situation) so my gaming days aren't as long lasting as they used to be, so all I've done is beat Marathon, and the first 8 levels of Marathon: Durandal (so far). I do a "Let's Play" of them on YouTube so in a way, that slows my time down with these games as well. And the first seven parts of my 'Let's Play Bungie's Marathon' are pretty boring as it was my first time doing one.

I love Bungie, I love Halo, and I love Marathon, so I thought I'd join the forum/pfhorum and see what's up with Marathon's community. So, that's my long Hello to you guys, and if you're at all interested in seeing my not-so-good job at playing Marathon (44 Parts) and Marathon 2 (18ish Parts so far I believe) then you can view them on my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/turretguy36
But don't mind the first seven parts of the first Marathon, like I said. The commentary is quite boring, non-existant, or just annoying. But I improve with it and the parts go on.

Anyways, I'm just rambling, Hello! :)
My 'name' is turretguy36, and I'm happy to be here :)
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Welcome new guy. I hope you last longer than most others.

I can't watch your videos at the moment. I only have my 3DS for internet, and it doesn't view Youtube videos.

My first Let's Play was something for Marathon too. I went through an old scenario I made. My commentary was pretty strange the first two videos because I didn't know whether the mic would work or not.

If your a fan of Bungie, does it mean or going to play Destiny when it comes out?
ukimalefu
Mjolnir Mark IV

Destiny wrote:Welcome new guy. I hope you last longer than most others.

I can't watch your videos at the moment. I only have my 3DS for internet, and it doesn't view Youtube videos.

My first Let's Play was something for Marathon too. I went through an old scenario I made. My commentary was pretty strange the first two videos because I didn't know whether the mic would work or not.

If your a fan of Bungie, does it mean or going to play Destiny when it comes out?
I guess the 3DS can't do flash, but, can it do HTML5?

Try this:

http://www.youtube.com/html5
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Yeah, it more than likeky can't do flash. I seriously don't know what I'm using for a broswer. All I know is that Google is my search engine (could have chosen Yahoo! as well). I tried downloading a HTML5 supported broswer - Google Chrome - but I got a spinning half circle for the download and install that didn't really do anything. My internet wasn't loading anything.

Who knows. Video quality probably wouldn't be good on Youtube anyways if it did work on a 3DS. I'll just wait to get my own computer.
Turretguy36
Born on Board

Well I plan to stay around, hopefully I won't pfhorget about this place. I think that humour should be left to Bungie... I won't to it again :p Oh you have a 3DS? You getting Pokemon X or Y? lol. I actually didn't even know it could go on the internet like a browser (I don't have one)
But to answer your other question, I will most definitely be playing Destiny when it comes out, it looks SO AMAZING. I hope there's Marathon and Halo easter eggs scattered throughout the game.
SylithSenjak
Born on Board

Turretguy36 wrote: But to answer your other question, I will most definitely be playing Destiny when it comes out, it looks SO AMAZING. I hope there's Marathon and Halo easter eggs scattered throughout the game.
I have my fingers crossed for getting buzzed by Durandal if/when you get to go to Pluto. [MGrin] (Or maybe a nice laser-carved "DURANDAL WAS HERE" on Mars...)
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm not getting Pokemon X or Y. I'm not into Pokemon anymore. I plan on getting the next Ace Attorney game this month on the 24th.

I hope Destiny comes to PC. If it doesn't, I'm going to have to wait until I get a PS4 so I can play Kingdom Hearts III.

I'd love to see more Marathon easter eggs. XD
Turretguy36
Born on Board

SylithSenjak wrote:
Turretguy36 wrote: But to answer your other question, I will most definitely be playing Destiny when it comes out, it looks SO AMAZING. I hope there's Marathon and Halo easter eggs scattered throughout the game.
I have my fingers crossed for getting buzzed by Durandal if/when you get to go to Pluto. [MGrin] (Or maybe a nice laser-carved "DURANDAL WAS HERE" on Mars...)

Oh how I hope there's something like that. I'd love to see some reference of Durandal or even Leela or someone. I wonder if maybe there will even be Red VS Blue references. Man I'd love it so much if there was an old guy on one of the planets named John who talks about being in a war and stuff. (Being Master Chief)
There will probably be some form of terminal on planets that will probably have Durandal related information on them. I can almost guarantee that :p If people know Bungie, people know there WILL be easter eggs :P
Turretguy36
Born on Board

Destiny wrote:I'm not getting Pokemon X or Y. I'm not into Pokemon anymore. I plan on getting the next Ace Attorney game this month on the 24th.

I hope Destiny comes to PC. If it doesn't, I'm going to have to wait until I get a PS4 so I can play Kingdom Hearts III.

I'd love to see more Marathon easter eggs. XD

I don't even know what Ace Attorney is lol.
You aren't going with the Xbox One? What about the next few Halo games that won't be coming out on the PS4?
Like I said to the last guy, there will almost definitely be easter eggs in a Bungie game, so we can always hope there will be a few Marathon related ones :) Cause look at Halo, the Security helmet in Halo3, the Marathon logo on Keyes in Halo CE, the eyeball for the forge ball guy in Halo3, terminals in Halo3 and so on :p
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

You play as an attorney and point your finger yelling "OBJECTION!"

Halo is the only interesting exclusive for the Xbow One. PS4 has a lot more exclusives that I would be interested in.
treellama
Vidmaster

There isn't much hope hope for Marathon references. Maybe a logo here and there, or something you could find on Wikipedia. I don't think anybody left at Bungie really remembers the game.
Turretguy36
Born on Board

Destiny wrote:You play as an attorney and point your finger yelling "OBJECTION!"

Halo is the only interesting exclusive for the Xbow One. PS4 has a lot more exclusives that I would be interested in.

Oh that one game okay yea I just didn't recognize it by the name... which makes no sense but whatever.

What about Titanfall or whatever that Xbox One game is? Well I guess everyone has their own opinions, I'm probably going with the Xbox One for two reasons, Halo, and to carry on my gamertag/gamerscore :p
Turretguy36
Born on Board

treellama wrote:There isn't much hope hope for Marathon references. Maybe a logo here and there, or something you could find on Wikipedia. I don't think anybody left at Bungie really remembers the game.

Why do you think that? Look at Halo 3, there was a bunch of them and that was only a few years ago, right? Well, a lot of years ago, but still, I think there may be some people left at Bungie who are loyal to their past. Like the lead guy? I forget his name right now...
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Jason Jones. He's probably the last of the original team.
Turretguy36
Born on Board

Yea wasn't he the founder/co-founder of Bungie? The guy who made Marathon?
He's still around Bungie, right, I think he'd have a say in some easter eggs.
But... from my knowledge I believe he had said he doesn't work in-depth with the games.
craZboy557
Cyborg

Oh c'mon. My first Halo game was Reach, and I know what Marathon is. If most of the guys over at Bungie didn't know what it was that'd just be pathetic.
Turretguy36 wrote:I don't even know what Ace Attorney is lol.
You aren't going with the Xbox One? What about the next few Halo games that won't be coming out on the PS4?
Like I said to the last guy, there will almost definitely be easter eggs in a Bungie game, so we can always hope there will be a few Marathon related ones :) Cause look at Halo, the Security helmet in Halo3, the Marathon logo on Keyes in Halo CE, the eyeball for the forge ball guy in Halo3, terminals in Halo3 and so on :p
"The forge guy", guh, that's 343 Guilt Spark. He's had that on his eye since CE.
Spoiler:
Sig of the Week:
Most of my suggestions for how to improve a game boil down to "It should be more like Halo."

Turretguy36
Born on Board

Lol yea I know its 343 Guilty Spark, I just meant that also the one you are in forge rather than just the character in the game. I just worded it poorly... :P
There's also the Marathon emblem choice in some of the games too that's basically a easter egg sort of reference type deal. There will probably be a Marathon emblem SOMEWHERE in the huge game that will be Destiny.
Anakinspadawan
Spazeroid

Is anyone playing online in Marathon 3? Plus if you could help me get the online working.
Ares Ex Machina
Mjolnir Mark IV

Anakinspadawan wrote:Is anyone playing online in Marathon 3? Plus if you could help me get the online working.
I haven't played in months, but people were still playing it then. Infinity is the standard for online games. What's not working? I heard the server was temporarily down recently, so maybe it was that.