Does anyone remember this?

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

No, doest really matter actually. So, what about the latest beta?
Eternal - Victory Dance IV - KTA III - Phoenix
More on Simplici7y: Xmas I-II-III - Winter I - Narcotics - Thrudnesday
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

What Goran sent you earlier today (or later today, if he hasn't yet) is about 99.5% the same as what I have now. The only changes are fixing the Cat terminals (which I know work), the Crude terminal (same), etc. Nothing that bears another beta run.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Ah, ok... And how do i know what switches are to be activated? Is it in some terminal again?
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I re-wrote the terminal to further expound on the heater switches. I didn't understand the mission before, since goran's instructions were vague, and I never had to actually hit the heaters. It really only adds about 5 minutes of running around, and I don't like it, but oh well. :/
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Sorry I couldnt fix Cat myself, my older bro was too busy playing warcraft3 and didnt let me have the computer at all (he was level 8 two weeks ago, now hes level 28).
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Mycat: if you walk into the window at the right of the bridge, you go in the bridge. Same for the windows next to it. Id check them all if i was you...

Also, in one of the terminals there's being talked about 'prowess'. Is that a word or should it be powers?
goran
Vidmaster

the bridge is fixed in ryoko'sversion of mycat, but thanks for reporting it anyway.
JohannesG
Mjolnir Mark IV

bad news... seems like i will need to send my iBook to the workshop to repair the LCD screen, and i have no idea how long that will take. It depends on my iMac (it has been acting weird lately) if i can continue beta testing this project, but we'll see. (I won't go to the city where my imac is until tomorrow or on saturday though)
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

So is anyone actively beta testing? If not, I'll wrap it all up and send the final package to goran. I don't think there's much left anyway.
goran
Vidmaster

I think we have covered the major things. If there's any bugs left they ought to be minor ones. When I get the package, I'll do a runthrough on kindergarden to see that's evrything is alright. If it is. I'll proceed to upload it.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I actually did one earlier today and nothing came up, so I'd say we're good to go.
goran
Vidmaster

Ok, send me the package. And we'll finish this project.
Last edited by goran on Jan 5th '07, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Problem: When trying to merge the maps, I get the error "Write Wad Error" in the Merge Log for Sporks and Brave New World. Do you know what this is? The final merge isn't playable because of it.

Edit: never mind, problem solved. No space left in the HD.

Double edit: sent off to goran! Hopefully it'll work fine, and it can be uploaded to Fileball later today. Final zip size is 6.8mb.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 5th '07, 16:25, edited 1 time in total.
goran
Vidmaster

Eat your cat ryoko. I have a beta rapport
(I'd let it slide if it wasn't for mycatcanfly)

vampire coffin
-Terminal 0 read: facility. 1 The one shouldn't be there.

Fortress
-snow texture wrong. Location: the switch which active the 2 chipinsertions that are next to each other.
-What used to be 2 troopers are now two trashcans (this may be shadowbreakers redesign, I don't know)
-Anyway, where these two trashcans are, there's a misplaced texture in the octogon room.

Crudelitas
-1x recharger at begininng looks like oxygen recharger

Welcome to the corp
-aliens climb on walls. All wall ledges should be marked monster impassable.
-1x and 2x recharger in 2nd last room are oxygen rechargers

My cat can fly
-In the big bridge room, there's a sand texture at the sides of the stairs.
-terminal 1, is stupid if you have already taken the chip (it's a nitpick, I don't really care, but I report it anyway.
-I couldn't activate 2 heaters (1 and 4 from left), but the mission still went succussful. Weird.
-platform by a terminal-pattern-recharger station on the way towards the chipinsertion doesn't give away a platform sound
-the entering teleporter in one of the heaters, gives a bounce error if you enter it. (there should be left over polygons to fix this. If not, ignore)

-suggestion: the jammed door could be openable from the other side to make better flow
-suggestion: the door on the bridge, should be opened by the chip insertion. The teleporter by the chip insertion should teleport player to bridge.
The switch the originally opens the bridge should be replaced with something else. Eg. 1x recharger.

comment: I think these suggestion helps with flow, but they're not ALERT ALERT HUGE ERROR, or anything.

20000 sporks
-absence of sounds
- the 2nd juggernaut escapes through the fence out in the large area. The fence is probably passable. Juggernaut should be moved to outside or the fence should be fixed. I prefer the latter.

Sorry I can't give polygon references. no forge.

Extra Comment: Overall it works. The bugs are nothing serious apart from the heater errors in mycat.
Last edited by goran on Jan 6th '07, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Well, that cat was delicious. Alright, so the heater switches don't work. Odd. I'll look into it tomorrow morning.

By the way, if you hit F10 in Aleph, it'll show what poly you're standing on.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

I dunno if they can still be fixed, but i have some little things here.

Mycat:Theres a big blue watercross. Near the top of it, theres a room with 2 teleporters. One has a polyjump side.
-If you jump into the water in the room with the juggernaut, there doenst seem to be any way back.

Sporks: At the start, you can jump off the balcony and see how ugly the pillars are at the other side...
goran
Vidmaster

you have an old version, driz. My cat has been updated. It's possible to get back now. (Edit: I sent the latest beta to your email)

The pillars on spoorks is new stuff. good work

Ryoko: Thanks for the note. If you dont find some of my bugs, let me know, and I'll trace them with F10.
Last edited by goran on Jan 6th '07, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Drictelt
Vidmaster

Actually, the pillars are not really the problem. The thing is, if you jump off the balconies, you cant get on them again.
goran
Vidmaster

oh that. we have placed teleporters there. check out the beta I sent you.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

vampire coffin
-Terminal 0 read: facility. 1 The one shouldn't be there. - Fixed.

Fortress
-snow texture wrong. Location: the switch which active the 2 chipinsertions that are next to each other. - Fixed.
-What used to be 2 troopers are now two trashcans (this may be shadowbreakers redesign, I don't know) - I think SB did this on purpose, so I left it as such.
-Anyway, where these two trashcans are, there's a misplaced texture in the octogon room. - If you mean the misaligned texture on the far wall, that's fixed.

Crudelitas
-1x recharger at begininng looks like oxygen recharger - Fixed.

Welcome to the corp
-aliens climb on walls. All wall ledges should be marked monster impassable. - Fixed.
-1x and 2x recharger in 2nd last room are oxygen rechargers - It's supposed to be 2x and oxygen; fixed.

My cat can fly
-In the big bridge room, there's a sand texture at the sides of the stairs. - Fixed.
-terminal 1, is stupid if you have already taken the chip (it's a nitpick, I don't really care, but I report it anyway. - I know this already, but there's not much I can do about it. Not fixed.
-I couldn't activate 2 heaters (1 and 4 from left), but the mission still went succussful. Weird. - Fixed.
-platform by a terminal-pattern-recharger station on the way towards the chipinsertion doesn't give away a platform sound - Fixed. Flagged as Silent.
-the entering teleporter in one of the heaters, gives a bounce error if you enter it. (there should be left over polygons to fix this. If not, ignore) - Fixed.

-suggestion: the jammed door could be openable from the other side to make better flow - I guess, but I didn't do it.
-suggestion: the door on the bridge, should be opened by the chip insertion. The teleporter by the chip insertion should teleport player to bridge. - Didn't do this either.
The switch the originally opens the bridge should be replaced with something else. Eg. 1x recharger. - Or this.

20000 sporks
-absence of sounds - Fixed.
- the 2nd juggernaut escapes through the fence out in the large area. The fence is probably passable. Juggernaut should be moved to outside or the fence should be fixed. I prefer the latter. - Fixed.
Final package sent.
Last edited by RyokoTK on Jan 6th '07, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
goran
Vidmaster

I tested sporks and mycat:

mycat:

-heaters still doesn't work. The other 2 heaters worked this time. 2 and 3 worked. 1 and 4 didn't. The mission still turned into success.

A working design:

chipinsertion activates tag x
light y is using tag x, and gets turned on
heaterswitches use light y, lights up, and are now able to be activated
each heaterswitch is marked as repair
each heaterswitch is marked as light dependant
each heaterswitch activates an isolated platform that cannot deactivate

20000sproks (minor stuff)

-in the beginning, there a large area with 4 cages. hunters teleport into them. Only one of them is textured and shaded correctly with snow. The rest of them has bright 0 metal.

-the switch in the tower with 4 green screens shouldn't be able to deactivate. If you can deactivate it, you can make the platform stay at the bottom. go down, and get trapped. (not so much loss since you have a save game close, but still). Make the elevator, cannot deactive.
Last edited by goran on Jan 6th '07, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Okay, I dunno what the deal is with My Cat. It's the same problem as last time, too, and I could've sworn I fixed it. I'll take care of it tomorrow morning.
Shadowbreaker
Vidmaster

Im pretty sure when I originally made it it worked fine aswell...
goran
Vidmaster

Yes the first time I played it, it worked fine, but not any longer. I suppose theres a litte error somewhere causing it.
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

Okay, yet another attempt sent. This time, I ran through it in Aleph to make sure it works. Made a couple other minor changes to My Cat. If it doesn't work, I don't know what I'll do. Fixed the bugs on Sporks.