Marathon Day Net-map Pack Contest

Marathon related contests and tournaments.
raptor200221
Born on Board

This is a net-map pack making contest for Marathon Infinity. Mappers must make a map pack of at least 5 levels and a minimum of 7 polygons per map. Content submissions must be ready for net-play by 9:00pm EST on 12/14/19. This contest is in celebration of Marathon Day, the day when the original Marathon game was officially finished. There is no prize for winning the contest. This contest is only meant to be fun and to add more unique and creative content to the Marathon community.

Edit: And the winner is Wrkncacnter by default.
Last edited by raptor200221 on Jan 11th '20, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
"The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history"-Georg Hegel
||Legends of Marathon Net Maps|| ||Eternal Legends of Marathon Net Maps||
RadBurn
Cyborg

Who are you? Your first and only post here is to announce a contest?
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Hey man, sorry it took me so long to upload my submission, I was up all night working on this. You said at least 5 maps, so I made a few more. Hope that's OK.
http://lochnits.com/marathon/contest/Or ... feated.zip
ravenshining
Vidmaster

RadBurn wrote:Who are you? Your first and only post here is to announce a contest?
I think they're from the Discord. At any rate it's better than no one at all proposing contests!
treellama
Vidmaster

ravenshining wrote:At any rate it's better than no one at all proposing contests!
That's a subjective statement
ravenshining
Vidmaster

Seeing as it's been five years since the last map-making contest, I don't think it is all that subjective. The discord conversation spoke to a frustration over getting people to play netgames, and the map contest was proposed as a way to stimulate activity. I wholeheartedly share the sentiment.

I mean okay, there are certain people one doesn't want to hear from, but this new person seems coherent at least. If they stick around through next December, huzzah!
raptor200221
Born on Board

RadBurn wrote:Who are you? Your first and only post here is to announce a contest?
Hello @RadBurn, I am from the dischord channel, and don't really post on the pfhorums, at all actually. I started playing Marathon earlier this year. I am very fond of the community, but I recently discovered that it has been kind of stagnant in the content that they release, and I wanted to encourage friendly competition and people who create content for Marathon, specifically net maps for Marathon Infinity. This contest was originally started because of a map pack that I made in honor of the community on the Dischord channel. It can be found at http://simplici7y.com/items/legends-of- ... n-map-pack
"The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history"-Georg Hegel
RadBurn
Cyborg

I am curious to hear how you heard about Marathon and what lured you in.
raptor200221
Born on Board

RadBurn wrote:I am curious to hear how you heard about Marathon and what lured you in.
@RadBurn, I believe that it was when my brother got a macbook, and he was looking for low system requirements mac-exclusive games, when he stumbled upon the original marathon trilogy. I recently before that had been playing Wolfenstein 3D, and I saw that Marathon looked much better, and in fact was open source. I had a new laptop at the time, so I went ahead and downloaded it. I was lucky enough to find a netgame with Mr. Theta and asdkzx123. I believe that Theta invited me to the Discord channel, and here I am, 5 or 6 months later. Btw, asdkzx123 and Mr. Theta will not remember it because I was going by my real name on the first couple of games. I later changed this to my current username, "raptor200221", which is also my PSN username.