Raycaster Again

Chat and discussion not related to either Marathon or Aleph One. Please keep things at least mildly interesting, though.
Meerjel01
Cyborg

I think you're too late friend. I'm having too much problems coding an entire graphics engine so I doubt it will ever get made.

Sorry for taking time with replying. I where waiting for someone else to reply first. I always wait for someone to reply.
Meerjel01
Cyborg

I have a question. Is it possible to make raycaster maps out of Weland made coordinates?

Like is it possible getting all polygon data from a map file to a text file? As a test and to have a quick editor.
Meerjel01
Cyborg

This sounds surprisingly Swedish to me

To confirm where I've been. My IP got blocked and now I must use another person's wifi to be here. Really hope this problem gets resolved cause I miss this place.
(Why I don't use discord is because of things that I don't know : Maybe I don't want to use it)
Meerjel01
Cyborg

So I guess the Pfhorums are discontinued? okay
(Readies a box of Toilet Paper)
Meerjel01
Cyborg

I'm having it hard to stop with this. Can I get some more help?
Qweasy908
Born on Board

Meerjel01 wrote: Sep 1st '20, 10:12 I have a question. Is it possible to make raycaster maps out of Weland made coordinates?

Like is it possible getting all polygon data from a map file to a text file? As a test and to have a quick editor.
I think its possible to have your raycaster engine read Weland map files.
You need the polygon points and lines with the floor and ceiling heights.

Read this Marathon Aleph one format file documentation, it has information on how the map files work.
https://gist.github.com/marrub--/98af41 ... 0a6a9f4244

Marathon maps that work with raycasting would be cool.