3d Images!

The best of the Pfhorums.
megabyte
Vidmaster

anything happening here?
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
ASYMPOTATOES http://asympotatoes.blogspot.com/
[viral]
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

umm lol yeah nothing at all I PMed The One about it, but he has;t gotten back to me
ALL HAIL PACKARD THE IDIOT
The One
Born on Board

Hi guys, I keep forgetting about the pfhorums. Has anyone tried the new fork with 3d glasses? I'd be nice to see what you guys think, and bug reports would be useful!
megabyte
Vidmaster

what is it called on sf?
Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Favorite quote
[viral]
megabyte
Vidmaster

how do i get to it?
i cant find it
Favorite quote
[viral]
RyokoTK
Vidmaster

I posted some bug reports! I hope you get them soon One.
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

The One wrote:Hi guys, I keep forgetting about the pfhorums. Has anyone tried the new fork with 3d glasses? I'd be nice to see what you guys think, and bug reports would be useful!
It's a little buggy (to be expected with such a serious undertaking), but it looks awesome! I filed a few reports of the bugs that desperately need fixing in the SourceForge tracker, hopefully that works for you.
dude, seriously. dude.
The One
Born on Board

Megabyte wrote:how do i get to it?
i cant find it
It's on SourceForge.

Ryoko and Thermoplyae, thanks for posting some bug reports. That's a lot more than I was expecting >.< This is starting to look like more work than I was expecting at first, but as long as I keep getting support from you guys, I'll keep trying. I'll keep you posted on any further developments.
megabyte
Vidmaster

where on sourceforge?
Favorite quote
[viral]
treellama
Vidmaster

Bad news--it doesn't work with Marathon RED at all. Everything is...well...RED :(
Samus

Ahem...
I said this a while ago, no one likes me though.
Wrkncacnter
Vidmaster

Samus wrote:Ahem...
I said this a while ago, no one likes me though.
I'm sure if The One were around when you posted that, we'd all have you to thank for this awesome thread. Oh well.

BTW, I've had some trouble starting this 3D version, but admittedly I haven't tried too hard since I don't have any 3D glasses.
The One
Born on Board

OK, I fixed a bunch of bugs and improved the 3d effect quite a bit. You guys should check it out. Tell me what you think and as always, let me know if you find any bugs. Enjoy!
screamingfool
Mjolnir Mark IV

hey, nice work. it's cool that the main screen is 3d now and the theme is too. Although, i think the only thing that will give your project longevity is to make it network compatible with aleph one. Also is your new code compartmentalized (or whatever the geek term is) enough that you can copy it to the newer versions of a1 as they come out? Treellama is working on some cool stuff and it would suck to miss out on it.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

I still can;t find the link to the download [MErr]
The One
Born on Board

I'm really disappointed with this community. At first people sounded really excited about this project, but I've only gotten bug reports from a small handful of people and hardly any downloads. NO ONE has downloaded this game in the last 2 weeks and no one has shown any interest here either. I don't think you guys realize how depressing it is to pour all of this work into the engine and have only 1 maybe 2 people show even a little bit of interest in it. (Thank you to the couple people that truly did show support).

Well, the only thing left to say is, I hope you're all happy. I'm not going to be working on this project any more. The project should still be on SourceForge, in case someone in the future wants to look at it, but I'm sure no one cares.

Goodbye.
The Thug
Vidmaster

I'm interested, but I haven't had the chance to look at it. I'll check it out tomorrrow and post my thoughts.
Childhood is not a race. It's a journey.
megabyte
Vidmaster

The One wrote:I'm really disappointed with this community. At first people sounded really excited about this project, but I've only gotten bug reports from a small handful of people and hardly any downloads. NO ONE has downloaded this game in the last 2 weeks and no one has shown any interest here either. I don't think you guys realize how depressing it is to pour all of this work into the engine and have only 1 maybe 2 people show even a little bit of interest in it. (Thank you to the couple people that truly did show support).

Well, the only thing left to say is, I hope you're all happy. I'm not going to be working on this project any more. The project should still be on SourceForge, in case someone in the future wants to look at it, but I'm sure no one cares.

Goodbye.
once again i ask "where on sourceforge is the download?"
i cant find it
Favorite quote
[viral]
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Megabyte wrote:once again i ask "where on sourceforge is the download?"
As though your incompetence were somehow someone else's fault. You know, being able to use the search feature on SourceForge is really all The One asked of the Pfhorums, and you guys couldn't manage it. Little wonder he gave up.

And on that note, if you decide to continue the project at a later date and you need a helper, The One, let me know. I liked what I saw, and I'd be interested in putting time into a good cause. In the meantime, see you around :(
dude, seriously. dude.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

The One wrote:I'm really disappointed with this community. At first people sounded really excited about this project, but I've only gotten bug reports from a small handful of people and hardly any downloads. NO ONE has downloaded this game in the last 2 weeks and no one has shown any interest here either. I don't think you guys realize how depressing it is to pour all of this work into the engine and have only 1 maybe 2 people show even a little bit of interest in it. (Thank you to the couple people that truly did show support).

Goodbye.
Well, if someone would be so kind as to post a link to the site (Yes I have searched) then maybe more people would download. I know I would!
Can't speel for hist.
Packard20
Mjolnir Mark IV

I second on what phort said.
treellama
Vidmaster

Why bother--I don't think The One is thick-skinned enough to survive in the open source software world.
Phortiphy
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Why bother--I don't think The One is thick-skinned enough to survive in the open source software world.
Maybe because I want to use it?
Can't speel for hist.
irons
Vidmaster

Treellama wrote:Why bother--I don't think The One is thick-skinned enough to survive in the open source software world.
Maybe if he had grown some grease and fat, he'd have lasted longer.
Last edited by irons on Oct 29th '07, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
treellama
Vidmaster

Pfhortipfhy wrote:Maybe because I want to use it?
Because it's all about you--did you ever consider maybe that's why The One quit?