First terminal in Pfhor far lamm on Eternal X

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
pakkman781
Cyborg

Hi guys, been a looooooooong while since I've stopped by. Glad to see the Pfhorums are still here.

Anyways, I've been enjoying Eternal X for the last little while, but I've run into a problem that bugs me. The first terminal in the level Pfhor far lamm doesn't work, and this is a reeeeeealy important point in the story, I need to know what that terminal says. I'd open it up in a map editor myself, but I've been away so long, I don't know how to open up the newer mapfile format. So if anyone could help me out, that'd be fantastic.
Jim
Cyborg

What map file type are you seeing? All map file types should be .sceA. Those are the originals and will work in Forge.
I don't care anymore.
pakkman781
Cyborg

Dunno why, but Forge running in OS9 under sheepshaver refuses to recognize the file...

EDIT: Upon further investigation, my OS9 install is having some kind of resource fork issues. So lets assume I don't have forge access. I was going to use Marathon Map Splitter, but it has the same problem as forge. Neither will recognize the file as a map file. It's been so long since I touched OS9, I don't remember a way to force the application to open the file.

Oh and Pfhorge does absolutley nothing when I try to open it, just sits there. And OBED under VMWare just silently crashes, refusing to open back up.
Last edited by pakkman781 on Feb 7th '09, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
pfhore
Born on Board

pakkman781 wrote:Dunno why, but Forge running in OS9 under sheepshaver refuses to recognize the file...

EDIT: Upon further investigation, my OS9 install is having some kind of resource fork issues. So lets assume I don't have forge access. I was going to use Marathon Map Splitter, but it has the same problem as forge. Neither will recognize the file as a map file. It's been so long since I touched OS9, I don't remember a way to force the application to open the file.

Oh and Pfhorge does absolutley nothing when I try to open it, just sits there. And OBED under VMWare just silently crashes, refusing to open back up.
The file is actually mac binary format. Rename from Eternal_Maps.sceA to Eternal_Maps.sceA.bin and use stuffit expander to decode it.
pakkman781
Cyborg

pfhore wrote:The file is actually mac binary format. Rename from Eternal_Maps.sceA to Eternal_Maps.sceA.bin and use stuffit expander to decode it.
Ah, awesome, that was it, thanks a bunch :D

Unfortunately, the text of the terminal is missing altogether. I'll see if I have an older version or something that contains that bug, meh, we'll see :D
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

pakkman781 wrote:Unfortunately, the text of the terminal is missing altogether. I'll see if I have an older version or something that contains that bug, meh, we'll see :D
I just downloaded the version currently on the website (1.0.3, been that way for about a year now) and the first terminal is there. You must have downloaded a version some time in the brief week or so (IIRC) between 1.0.0 and 1.0.3.

Also, I like your user icon. You make that yourself?
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Switch
Vidmaster

Pfhorrest wrote:Also, I like your user icon. You make that yourself?
I'm sure he did, his last one was amazing too and he made that himself.
pakkman781
Cyborg

Pfhorrest wrote:I just downloaded the version currently on the website (1.0.3, been that way for about a year now) and the first terminal is there. You must have downloaded a version some time in the brief week or so (IIRC) between 1.0.0 and 1.0.3.

Also, I like your user icon. You make that yourself?
Yeah, I downloaded 1.0.3 and sure enough, the terminal works. Now I just have to write a cheat script to get my weapons back so I can proceed with the story XD

This icon is OLD, but yes I did make it, thanks :D

And hi Switch, it's been a while :D