Eternal X v1.1

Discuss and unveil current Marathon projects.
johnnythewolf
Born on Board

Meta wrote:How do you beat Sakhmet Rising going with Tycho? I got to the double doors, which are locked, and I can't seem to find another way through...
I didn't have problem with this mission, so you probably missed a switch or something. Right now, I'm stuck on Run, Coward. The defensives orbs seem much more aggressive than in 1.03. The mission was already a pain back then but now it is virtually impossible. Their projectiles drain your shield so fast, the only way to survive is to circle around one but you can't do that in long corridors with more than one orb.
Last edited by johnnythewolf on Aug 8th '09, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.
Meta

Tycho tells you that there is usually a team of guards posted at the door but if they are not there you'll have to find another way in... Oh well.
johnnythewolf
Born on Board

Meta wrote:Tycho tells you that there is usually a team of guards posted at the door but if they are not there you'll have to find another way in... Oh well.
Hum? Is is your first time with Eternal?

You have to pull the two sides in the room with the Hathor terminal, which will open doors nearby. Go inside those doors and look for circuit panels to destroy.
Last edited by johnnythewolf on Aug 8th '09, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Da Spadger
Born on Board

The new computer terminal logos look kinda plastic-y. I like what has been done with the Pfhor textures though.
Meta

Hrm. I would have liked like to seen a few more levels or at least a bit more character dialogue for Tycho to really get the player attached to him so it's a little sadder of an occasion when he instructs the player to off him.
CryoS
Vidmaster

Pfhorrest wrote:Still to come later:
- New weapon&player sprites from CryoS.
Hello folks! I have been authorized to post a pic of the new fusion pistol, just to show you that progress is beeing done. (and to make you guys drool of course!) you can expect this one in game soon enough.

[attachment=2957:sdddd0046.jpg]

(still need to fix some poly/texture errors, but other than thats its basically done)

Also started working on the player model, its coming out better that i had expected.
Ill probably upload a pic of i once it has legs...
Attachments
sdddd0046.jpg
sdddd0046.jpg (217.37 KiB) Viewed 9436 times
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
effigy
Mjolnir Mark IV

Pfhorrest wrote:There are five variants of that level, but they *should* all have different names: The Tangent Universe, The Living Receiver, The Manipulated Dead, The Ensurance Trap, and The Philosophy of Time Travel. (bonus points if you recognize what these names are referencing). Are you seeing two both with the same title?
28 days... 6 hours... 42 minutes... 12 seconds
CryoS wrote:Hello folks! I have been authorized to post a pic of the new fusion pistol, just to show you that progress is beeing done. (and to make you guys drool of course!) you can expect this one in game soon enough.

drool.jpg

(still need to fix some poly/texture errors, but other than thats its basically done)

Also started working on the player model, its coming out better that i had expected.
Ill probably upload a pic of i once it has legs...
Nice!
Thank the sun that went nova so that Earth could have iron and silicon.
Blake37
Born on Board

Pfhorrest wrote:There are five variants of that level, but they *should* all have different names: The Tangent Universe, The Living Receiver, The Manipulated Dead, The Ensurance Trap, and The Philosophy of Time Travel. (bonus points if you recognize what these names are referencing).

Donnie Darko Baby! First time I saw that movie, I was so confused- "Where have I seen that!" or " Ohhh, I bet the next one says The Liv.. MY GOD HOW DID I KNOW"
Wuts on yer mind, Llama?
Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

[attachment=3109:vyale0103.jpg]
Attachments
vyale0103.jpg
vyale0103.jpg (89.38 KiB) Viewed 9430 times
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
tehWastedJamacan
Vidmaster

his left hand is holding the gun awkwardly.

Nevermind. I just picked up my 20 gauge and i hold it in a similar manner. It just looked a little funny. Well, actually, I hold it in a mirror image as that, but yeah.
Last edited by tehWastedJamacan on Sep 29th '09, 06:47, edited 1 time in total.
D?rovací tvá?í.
Fobo: I find it hard to keep a sentence down under two paragraphs.
CryoS
Vidmaster

jamacafail
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dawg, this is no where near as good as the original Eternal. You know, the non-X version made years and years ago?

That one was BA man. I liked it because of its completeness.

No, but seriously, I'm going to play Eternal X again, because I really like it (I just beat Infinity finally, so now maybe I'll understand the plot more than I did the first time). On your next update, you should get Ryoko to make you some netmaps. That would be sweet.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Although I don't agree that the original ones were better, I do agree that Eternal needs netmaps. The parodies of the original greats are good, but boring, now.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit wrote:Although I don't agree that the original ones were better, I do agree that Eternal needs netmaps. The parodies of the original greats are good, but boring, now.
I was being sarcastic, but parodies sound pretty funny. Where are they?
Dugit
Vidmaster

Parodies are exaggerated imitations.

Think M2's Thunderdome to MInf's Beyond Thunderdome.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Hey, why, in modern scenarios, has nobody improved the fist graphics? Even the "weapons" mml didn't fix it (or is it lua? I can never remember which one is which). Is it just my computer glitching? Or is there some weird coding reason that it wont work?
Dugit
Vidmaster

I can't think of any scenarios that have changed the fists, apart from EMR.

ellio7t
Cyborg

Apotheosis and a M1 scenario(can't remember the name) both change the fists for blades. Also the latter half of red.
words
Dugit
Vidmaster

I've only just noticed that in Eternal, if you have two fists up (unlike in the other games), they actually work twice as fast (at Rubicon speed), and with one up, it works at the normal speed. Cool.

gmanyo
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit wrote:I can't think of any scenarios that have changed the fists, apart from EMR.
My point exactly. They look like shit.
Dugit
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:My point exactly. They look like shit.
Agreed. In my opinion, they looked bad, and they worked bad. I hated them. They were cumbersome and rather pointless.

Phortiphy
Vidmaster

gmanyo wrote:Hey, why, in modern scenarios, has nobody improved the fist graphics? Even the "weapons" mml didn't fix it (or is it lua? I can never remember which one is which). Is it just my computer glitching? Or is there some weird coding reason that it wont work?
Visciom (Don't know if I have that spelled right) tried to update the fists, but they looked like metal blocks so he removed that from the pack, and never replaced them (unless he updated in my absence). I'm pretty sure he had it on his list, but it never got done. Nobody else has attempted with as much gusto in the meanwhile, if I know this community as well as I think I do.
Can't speel for hist.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Personally, I like the fists as they are.

Dugit
Vidmaster

I've just discovered something. In Eternal X, on other maps (without merged physics), that at one stage, they contained MA-75B clips and grenades, they now contain havoc rifle grenade clips (in the place of grenades) and some blue-dotted outlined boxes with a question mark that says "unused ammo clip" or something (in the place of clips). I wonder why grenade clips were converted at all?

Pfhorrest
Vidmaster

Update: As of last night all the weapon models for Omega are more or less done. I'll let CryoS post screens at his leisure. Once we get all the right poses rendered and imported and MML'd up and such, there should be something ready to release... or to test, at least.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
Director of the Xeventh Project, the team behind Eternal
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."