WMaiD

For topics about the story, help in a certain level, game discussion, or finding/discussing content.
Dugit
Vidmaster

I replayed the WMaiD demo to the end (rather than just to the bridge, last time), and found it a huge enjoyment. I've been looking around on the Pfhorums, and has there been any further updates? Apparently, the guy who makes it got back from Korea; is he still working on it?

Oh, and now I know what those drones are for. They're Jjaro Drones, not Pfhor Drones or Human Drones. [MTongue]

This scenario looks to have a brilliant future if it's continued, with a cool plot-line leading right into Rubicon, and mapping that mirrors it well, along with brilliant gameplay. Please say it isn't dead.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.
Marathon Aeon- My scenario in the works ~on Simplici7y

riveting six-vertice amnesty ratifications
Vladtepes
Cyborg

WMaiD ?
irons wrote:QUOTE(irons @ Dec 18 2009, 12:47 AM) LEAVE ME ALONE STOP HURTING MY FEELINGS
Dugit
Vidmaster

Where Monsters are in Dreams.
Polyplicity my second (less sucky) net pack. Go on. Download it. You know you don't want to.

thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

I think that the answer is basically "no". Last I was aware, they had a sizable collection of levels (ten-ish, probably), but they felt pretty unpolished and the scenario as a whole was a lonnnng way from completion. Inferring from the message history here, it looks like not much changed over 2008-2009 just because of the minimal communication between the developers (cf. 2006, when shit was actually getting done).

WMaiD contained by far and away the spookiest dream level I've ever played, and it would be awesome if it were completed and released just so I could point to that level and say "these are dreams done right" -- but knowing the personalities involved and the lengthy and unproductive history of the project, I'm not holding my breath.
dude, seriously. dude.
Dugit
Vidmaster

I certainly agree that even that one level had some of the creepiest and greatest gameplay ever.

So it's not dead? Huzzah! [MGrin]

Also, I was wondering if someone could provide the files for Marathon: Dissent and The Classified 19, post-carbon installation (eg the map file, physics file, shapes file, etc), because I'm using OSX, and I can't use carbon installers.

thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

no, i meant a dream level that didn't appear in the demo. i was actually involved in the project for a while, which means while i'm not the absolute authority on it, i'm the best you'll get without emailing ernie.

the scenarionews page used to divide scenarios into 'active' or 'dead / asystolic'. wmaid might not be dead, but it is certainly asystolic. i repeat: don't hold your breath, and no 'huzzah'ing.
dude, seriously. dude.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Oh. Well, at least it's not dead. If it was to die completely, would the scraps be released to the public?
Dugit wrote:Also, I was wondering if someone could provide the files for Marathon: Dissent and The Classified 19, post-carbon installation (eg the map file, physics file, shapes file, etc), because I'm using OSX, and I can't use carbon installers.
Would this be possible?

irons
Vidmaster

Where Drones Are In Dreams
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
treellama
Vidmaster

Dugit wrote:Would this be possible?
Do the licenses allow it?
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

Dugit wrote:Oh. Well, at least it's not dead. If it was to die completely, would the scraps be released to the public?
i doubt it will ever be officially called 'dead', so by corollary: no.
Dugit wrote:Would this be possible?
not by me; my OSX is also too modern.
irons wrote:Where Drones Are In Dreams
i went looking for that hoover picture, but i can't find it!
EDIT: HERE IT IS
dude, seriously. dude.
irons
Vidmaster

GRADIENTS
underworld : simple fun netmaps // prahblum peack : simple rejected netmaps
azure dreams : simple horrible netmaps // v6.0!!!: thomas mann's greatest hits : simple simple netmaps
CryoS
Vidmaster

As a member of the current WMaiD team i can tell you that there wasnt much work done (as said) during 08-09. IIRC we were experiencing mml errors and what not. for example none of the hi-res bitmaps loaded etc. i wont go into details. yeah I'd say consider it not dead, but in a coma.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
thermoplyae
Mjolnir Mark IV

oh yeah, i forgot you got involved. i cede my position as wmaid mouthpiece!
dude, seriously. dude.
Dugit
Vidmaster

Swe Mussolini wrote:As a member of the current WMaiD team i can tell you that there wasnt much work done (as said) during 08-09. IIRC we were experiencing mml errors and what not. for example none of the hi-res bitmaps loaded etc. i wont go into details. yeah I'd say consider it not dead, but in a coma.
Oh. So no news of updates any time soon, then. [MFrown]

I hope this doesn't fall the same way as Return to Marathon.

Edit: And can anyone at all provide the TC 19 and Dissent files, post shuttle (individual map, physics, shapes etc)? Please? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Dugit on Feb 6th '10, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

Dugit
Vidmaster

I got an email reply from Blayne, and apparently, he's coming back from Korea and will continue with earnest on the WMaiD project this November. And, if WMaiD did die, he said he would release the scraps, fully collated. This is good news! [MGrin]

Now, back to my secondary question, does anyone have the individual TC 19 and Dissent files?

CryoS
Vidmaster

thats the 3rd time you have asked, no one is replying, so stfu please.
What are you, if not seven different shades of stupid?
Truper
Born on Board

Dugit wrote:I got an email reply from Blayne, and apparently, he's coming back from Korea and will continue with earnest on the WMaiD project this November. And, if WMaiD did die, he said he would release the scraps, fully collated. This is good news! [MGrin]

Now, back to my secondary question, does anyone have the individual TC 19 and Dissent files?
I have the game on my grandparents OS. I'll email them next time I see them
The Over-Evaluator
Dugit
Vidmaster

Thanks. Much appreciated; I did have TC 19 on my old Mac OS 9, but when it just died, it took the files with it. So thanks again. As I remember, it was a brilliant scenario.

Truper
Born on Board

Dugit wrote:Thanks. Much appreciated; I did have TC 19 on my old Mac OS 9, but when it just died, it took the files with it. So thanks again. As I remember, it was a brilliant scenario.
Sorry, I meant I only have Dissent, I could probably get ahold of TC 19 tho
The Over-Evaluator
SynthNinja
Cyborg

If this one gets completed, I look forward to playing it. The demo was great.
GOT MUSIC? I compose. CLICK HERE! Download my music free or request something tailored to your specifications by PMing me.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

I just wanted to let you guys know that I've picked up the WMaiD torch and will hopefully carry it to the finish line during the next few weeks/months.

There's more work that still needs to be done than what i had originally anticipated so if anyone wants to join me in my quest to get WMaiD to a playable release-worthy state, plese let me know and I'll send you all neccessary files.

Somebody with mapping experience would be particularly helpful.

take care!
Last edited by thedoctor45 on Jul 22nd '14, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.
Destiny
Mjolnir Mark IV

Wow, that's surprising. I figured this scenario was gone for good, along with several others.

Sorry, but there's nothing I can do to help at this point in time. I do look forward to what could be released though!
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

I can't promise a proper release but I'll see how far i get and if I can't finish it off by myself I guess I'll just dump the files on the orphanage.
Crater Creator
Vidmaster

Really? I mean, that sounds great and all, but if I were you I'd have a hard enough time finding time to work on Halathon, let alone take on a second, unrelated scenario.
thedoctor45
Mjolnir Mark IV

I'm not occupied for the next few weeks so I'll be working pretty much around the clock on both projects and it helps make work less monotonous if you have 2 different things to work on simultaneously. At least that's how i feel about it. Besides the wmaid project is mostly done with a few unfinished maps left to fix, a few hi-res textures/sprites to add some small modifications to the story arc.